I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Watching LTK right now and I noticed for the first time that they used (almost) the same snippet of film twice: during the fight in the barrelheadbar, Dario is hit twice, he falls to the floor and maybe is unconsious for a short time. When we see him next, he lays and looks around in the same way both times. The shoes on the left and the pieces of broken glass on the right are identical.

Maybe this is already a known “mistake“, but I never noticed this before.

You could consider that a mistake/goof, absolutely, and likely an editing error. It's akin to a moment during the FYEO bobsled sequence - we see each bobsled rider tap the back of the man in front of him, only different camera angles and shots make this moment happen three or four times in a row before finally, each man is turned around and observing Bond behind them.

I will check that. Didn't know that. Interesting.
    Benny wrote: »
    Watching LTK right now and I noticed for the first time that they used (almost) the same snippet of film twice: during the fight in the barrelheadbar, Dario is hit twice, he falls to the floor and maybe is unconsious for a short time. When we see him next, he lays and looks around in the same way both times. The shoes on the left and the pieces of broken glass on the right are identical.

Also in LTK, the same shot of Bond holding the lighter is used twice. When Felix and Della give it to Bond and he reads the inscription, and later on when he shows Sanchez before igniting him. You can see the box it came in both times.

Holy... you are right!

Is there a thread for such kind of errors?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You could consider that a mistake/goof, absolutely, and likely an editing error. It's akin to a moment during the FYEO bobsled sequence - we see each bobsled rider tap the back of the man in front of him, only different camera angles and shots make this moment happen three or four times in a row before finally, each man is turned around and observing Bond behind them.

I will check that. Didn't know that. Interesting.

Also in LTK, the same shot of Bond holding the lighter is used twice. When Felix and Della give it to Bond and he reads the inscription, and later on when he shows Sanchez before igniting him. You can see the box it came in both times.

Holy... you are right!

Is there a thread for such kind of errors?

Yes.
    This one!

But we don't have any lists for goofs/errors...
    Birdleson wrote: »
    But we don't have any lists for goofs/errors...

There’s a thread for extras staring at the camera, but that may be the only one.

Yes I know, your thread is great. I would like to have more such lists.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Oops, no...even that one refers to an older one, namely:
    mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1354/goofs-mistakes-in-the-bond-movies/p1
    And while I positively LOVE "goofs" lists, I would be very much surprised if we found a whole lot that isn't already listed for the respective movie on IMDb.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oops, no...even that one refers to an older one, namely:
    mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1354/goofs-mistakes-in-the-bond-movies/p1
    And while I positively LOVE "goofs" lists, I would be very much surprised if we found a whole lot that isn't already listed for the respective movie on IMDb.

That was actually my thinking, we'd probably be better off just porting over the IMDB goof lists, they're likely the most definitive ones available. Would be interesting to see if we could find our own goofs beyond those listed, though.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Octopussy gives the WHITE POWER hand signal???

MV5BMjI2MDE0NjE1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjYyMzY0NA@@._V1.._SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hmm. I don't think so.

What hand are you referring to.
    Always loved that poster.. despite the extra length in the legs department!! (Even more so in the AVTAK one!)
    Really wish they would return to this type of poster for Bond 25 (and we really need a title, sick of writing Bond 25!!)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Always loved that poster.. despite the extra length in the legs department!! (Even more so in the AVTAK one!)
    Really wish they would return to this type of poster for Bond 25 (and we really need a title, sick of writing Bond 25!!)

I think they made his legs long to match Maud Adams lengthy pins!

They don't make film posters like they used to!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Love the OP poster. Easily one of my favourites, and the long legs are just fun. Wonder what made illustrator Dan Goozeé want to have them THAT long though.

Here are some concept sketches (taken from the illustrated 007 blog):
    octopussy+james+bond+007+artwork+poster+composition+concept+prelim+dan+goozee+1.jpg octopussy+james+bond+007+artwork+poster+composition+dan+goozee.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Actually now I recognize your comment as recent news, that suggestion of the White Power sign. Good one, @TripAces.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Love the OP poster. Easily one of my favourites, and the long legs are just fun. Wonder what made illustrator Dan Goozeé want to have them THAT long though.

octopussy+james+bond+007+artwork+poster+composition+concept+prelim+dan+goozee+1.jpg octopussy+james+bond+007+artwork+poster+composition+dan+goozee.jpg

I love number 2.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I love number 2.
    I love Largo as well. Shall we duel?

I love number 2.

Me too. This is brilliant for what is "only" a colour concept.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I love number 2.

Haha!
    The concepts do look great. I love how Pierce and Halle re-enacted it.

014662e379f5abbdda2a4f91143d1c3c.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    When on Earth was this? During filming of Die Another Day, I assume? Awesome.
    There are a lot of fun behind-the-scenes photos and DAD-related promo stuff with Pierce and Halle - seems like they had a ball making the film.
    I love number 2.

Not worth the effort. I'm afraid he'd turn a blind eye to us.
    Seems we're not a patch on his type.
    The concepts do look great. I love how Pierce and Halle re-enacted it.

014662e379f5abbdda2a4f91143d1c3c.jpg

The DAD photoshoots must have been a lot of fun!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    There's a music box version of Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown? during Bond and Blofeld's conversation about his plot in OHMSS.
    Watching TWINE, I've never noticed that Elektra King's middle name is 'Vavra'
    A little nod to FRWL perhaps?
    Watching TWINE, I've never noticed that Elektra King's middle name is 'Vavra'
    A little nod to FRWL perhaps?

I didn't know that either?!!
    I've read that somewhere before but never knew where it came from. Is it in the movie somewhere, like the closing credits or something? That being said, I'd hate to have to watch that turd again just to find out.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Not seen TWINE in a while but I'm guessing it's probably in the scene where Bond reviews the media reports on TV and in newspapers on the Elektra King kidnapping.
    I've read that somewhere before but never knew where it came from. Is it in the movie somewhere, like the closing credits or something?

Not in the credits, of course. I mean, can you imagine?

CAST

JAMES BOND ....................................................... PIERCE BROSNAN
    ELEKTRA VAVRA KING ......................................... SOPHIE MARCEAU

Writing the middle name of the characters is so random... Let's continue.

DR. CHRISTMAS THANKSGIVING JONES ................. DENISE RICHARDS
    VICTOR "RENARD" ZOKAS ..................................... ROBERT "BOBBY" CARLYLE
    VALENTIN DMITRYOVICH ZUKOVSKY .................... ROBBIE "ANTHONY ROBERT MCMILLAN" COLTRANE
    MR. "GOLD" BULLION ............................................ GOLDIE "GOLDIE" GOLDIE

DIRECTED BY
    MICHAEL DAVID APTED
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Not seen TWINE in a while but I'm guessing it's probably in the scene where Bond reviews the media reports on TV and in newspapers on the Elektra King kidnapping.

It is indeed when Bond is reviewing the media reports of when Elektra was kidnapped.
    When Bond goes to open her file, you can see her full name.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It is indeed when Bond is reviewing the media reports of when Elektra was kidnapped.
    When Bond goes to open her file, you can see her full name.
    Her full name is also in the James Bond Encyclopedia.