I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Never knew about the belt, such a simplistic yet brilliant addition. Quite the shame it didn't make a proper appearance in the film.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Even if this wasn't shown on screen, I don't recall ever hearing about Scaramanga's matching belt as related to his famous Golden Gun.

Designed to house two golden bullets for both concealment (though the primer on the cartidge's end is kind of a giveaway) and easy access.

2012_CSK_04431_0010_000(the_man_with_the_golden_gun).jpg
    ht_belt_nt_120907_ssh.jpg

That is super cool...!
    peter wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It seems that a lot of TMWTGG didn't make the final cut,including the belt,which would have been a brilliant addition,and a lot of the final duel.

So annoying.

Agreed— that is one cool belt. And you’re right, the footage must be archived somewhere.
    Given all the deleted scenes from DAF that surfaced on DVD, you'd think these scenes would be around too since they were both directed by Guy Hamilton. Then again, a lot of deleted scenes from the early films weren't saved, so how extensive are their archives I wonder.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Speaking of TMWTGG, I just finished a viewing and can't believe I didn't notice previously that Marc Lawrence's gun has a silencer on the end of it (he screws it on before Scaramanga walks into the fun house), and yet it makes a noise whenever it's fired off in the PTS.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just don’t hold it against him. ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    Speaking of TMWTGG, I just finished a viewing and can't believe I didn't notice previously that Marc Lawrence's gun has a silencer on the end of it (he screws it on before Scaramanga walks into the fun house), and yet it makes a noise whenever it's fired off in the PTS.

Very good !
    Sorry if this has been brought up before. Popped in DAF and was reminded that Connery's figure in the gunbarrel was in black and white and recalled the same figure from TB was in color. Then I decided to check out YOLT's and noticed the Connery figure was also in black and white.

I can understand the Bob Simmons version being shadowy and in black and white in the first gunbarrel as it was probably intentional to disguise it wasn't Connery. But why do so in these later films when the scope and color were important?

Also noticed the actual animation of the gunbarrel itself has light shimmering through it. Interesting touch.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Also noticed the actual animation of the gunbarrel itself has light shimmering through it. Interesting touch.
    A feature first explored in OHMSS. I think they liked it so they kept it for the next gunbarrel as well.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Just noticed that their Singapore station provides them with intel in both YOLT and TND. (In YOLT they report a faint echo of the spacecraft landing in Japan. In the latter, they pick up a "mysterious signal on the GPS frequency" after Carver sinks the Devonshire.)

They owe quite a bit to their Singapore colleagues imo.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    From the Bond Time discussion, I'm noticing in Licence to Kill Q brings some practical gadgets in his leather case.

Mousetraps.

http://www.thelegendofq.co.uk/uploads/1/4/8/3/14831570/_6115141_orig.png
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Just noticed that their Singapore station provides them with intel in both YOLT and TND. (In YOLT they report a faint echo of the spacecraft landing in Japan. In the latter, they pick up a "mysterious signal on the GPS frequency" after Carver sinks the Devonshire.)

They owe quite a bit to their Singapore colleagues imo.

Nice! Us poor Canadians only get a mentioned in TB and Bond begs off coming...then in QOS the net spy to fall prey to the boyfriend honey trap is Canadian Secret Service.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    From the Bond Time discussion, I'm noticing in Licence to Kill Q brings some practical gadgets in his leather case.

Mousetraps.

http://www.thelegendofq.co.uk/uploads/1/4/8/3/14831570/_6115141_orig.png

Nice catch!

;-)

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Try getting that lot through customs these days!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    NicNac wrote: »
    Try getting that lot through customs these days!

It got there in the diplomatic bag no doubt...
    I noticed something today upon a viewing of GE that should have been obvious to me before but somehow wasn't. Bond mentions to Zukovsky that he extended him a professional courtesy when he shot his knee all those years earlier without killing him. We don't know the context of what occurred, but it's clear that there was some skill in that shot, which saved the Russian from a potentially worse fate.

I realized that Zukovksy, with his dying shot in TWINE, extended a similar courtesy to Bond by skillfully shooting the restraints (in this case without hitting Bond), allowing him to overpower Elektra.
    I noticed something today upon a viewing of GE that should have been obvious to me before but somehow wasn't. Bond mentions to Zukovsky that he extended him a professional courtesy when he shot his knee all those years earlier without killing him. We don't know the context of what occurred, but it's clear that there was some skill in that shot, which saved the Russian from a potentially worse fate.

I realized that Zukovksy, with his dying shot in TWINE, extended a similar courtesy to Bond by skillfully shooting the restraints (in this case without hitting Bond), allowing him to overpower Elektra.

Good catch! I didn’t pick up on that before.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Well spotted.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

As a raging Brosnan Bond fan, I'm ashamed that I haven't noticed this. Good catch.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Watched the last third of Moonraker today and was very surprised to see the first time, that it is raining in Russia! (When General Gogol is at the phone with the guys from the U.S.., you can spot the rain through the window, it is somewhere around 1h40 in the movie). Is this the first time in a bond movie,that it is raining?? I think the others are CR and QoS...

And the other interesting aspect about bond and water: almost all movies end on the water or next to it (even in GF) you can spot a lake or something. No water/shore/snow/boat in LALD, MR, TLD, GE, TWINE (but you can spot the sea in the shot with the firework), SF, SP
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And the other interesting aspect about bond and water: almost all movies end on the water or next to it (even in GF) you can spot a lake or something. No water/shore/snow/boat in LALD, MR, TLD, GE, TWINE (but you can spot the sea in the shot with the firework), SF, SP

The MR end scene does take place on a ship, though. A spaceship.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 4,398

The MR end scene does take place on a ship, though. A spaceship.[/quote]

Haha. Nice connection. Didn't think about that
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Watched the last third of Moonraker today and was very surprised to see the first time, that it is raining in Russia! (When General Gogol is at the phone with the guys from the U.S.., you can spot the rain through the window, it is somewhere around 1h40 in the movie). Is this the first time in a bond movie,that it is raining?? I think the others are CR and QoS...
    I think it rains in SF (M flat scene) and also in OHMSS (Gumbold). There could be more instances but those are the ones that come to mind.
    --

Upon a viewing of DAF last night I realized that Tiffany's predicament towards the end of the film is very similar to Mary Goodnight's in TMWTGG. They both get shoved into a car and then taken to the villain's HQ, where they spend their time parading around and lounging about in a bikini until Bond arrives to save them.
    Also, both their asses interact with some sort of technology, with problematic results.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Your powers of observation do you credit, Mr @mattjoes.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Also, both their asses interact with some sort of technology, with problematic results.
    That's so true. A highlight in both cases. Speaking of bikinis, they are prominently featured during the PTS of both films as well (Marie and Andrea, both by the sea).
    00Agent wrote: »
    Your powers of observation do you credit, Mr @mattjoes.
    @00Agent Joes, to my friends.

mattjoes wrote: »
    That's so true. A highlight in both cases. Speaking of bikinis, they are prominently featured during the PTS of both films as well (Marie and Andrea, both by the sea).
    Indeed. Hmm, I should have these films on constant rotation.

I think it rains in SF (M flat scene) and also in OHMSS (Gumbold). There could be more instances but those are the ones that come to mind.
    --

Upon a viewing of DAF last night I realized that Tiffany's predicament towards the end of the film is very similar to Mary Goodnight's in TMWTGG. They both get shoved into a car and then taken to the villain's HQ, where they spend their time parading around and lounging about in a bikini until Bond arrives to save them.

Rain in SF, I forgot an obvious one there. But I don't think that it is raining in OHMSS. However the street looks a bit wet when Gumbold returns to his office.

--

Rain in SF, I forgot an obvious one there. But I don't think that it is raining in OHMSS. However the street looks a bit wet when Gumbold returns to his office.
    @goldenswissroyale it's raining in OHMSS as Draco's Rolls Royce pulls up outside Gumbold's office (first 25 seconds or so of this clip).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Very odd. In those opening seconds of the OHMSS clip, its clearly wet, the car's wipers are going, yet no one on the street appears to be dressed against rain. No raincoats, hats or umbrellas.
    NicNac wrote: »
    Very odd. In those opening seconds of the OHMSS clip, its clearly wet, the car's wipers are going, yet no one on the street appears to be dressed against rain. No raincoats, hats or umbrellas.
    Good point. Perhaps it was the tail end of a rainfall with just a very minor drizzle remaining. I'm assuming that the people on the street are film extras - if so they should have at least been shown with brollies for realism. After all, Gumbold takes his when he goes for lunch a bit later.