"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• Working over the weekend, though have Sunday night and Monday off which is good.
    Working up until and including Xmas eve, then 3 days off and then back to work. Gonna be a tricky one as it is the first without my dear old Dad bless him.
    Im supposed to be spending Xmas with my girlfriend from tomorrow,but she is actually free later this afternoon yaaaaaaayyy !!....so,from 3pm peeps I wont be online again until maybe late 27th or early 28th.

So a Merry Xmas to all my fellow Bond nerds...have a vodka martini or 6....!!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I am staying at this town in the picture. In the southeast of Switzerland.
    One of my brothers-in-arms owns a place there at the lake. Four of us stay over Christmas and all five of us stay there into January.

The upside: good for my health, body and soul, I spend time with the people I love and that love me like I am with all my flaws.

The downside: no internet in the log cabin, damn, ha ha! I will be in town a couple of times, so I can be here every now and then.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas. May you have the best of times.

pics from last winter

full.jpg

full.jpg
    So,no internet means no Bond,Jason,or do you have a DVD/Blue Ray machine there ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I am staying at this town in the picture. In the southeast of Switzerland.
    One of my brothers-in-arms owns a place there at the lake. Four of us stay over Christmas and all five of us stay there into January.

The upside: good for my health, body and soul, I spend time with the people I love and that love me like I am with all my flaws.

The downside: no internet in the log cabin, damn, ha ha! I will be in town a couple of times, so I can be here every now and then.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas. May you have the best of times.

pics from last winter

full.jpg

full.jpg
    I'm getting major Spectre vibes from that place! Merry Christmas and enjoy yourself. Sometimes it's great to disconnect from the world.
    @barryt007

usually no electronics at the log cabin as a rule, except a retro-modern vinyl record player, so we have music.

but as it is a special situation, staying over Christmas, my buddy bought equipment, projector, projection screen (big!), blu-ray player plus a few Bond films on blu-ray.

So I will not miss OHMSS on Christmas :)

I love my brother Tomi, he goes to any length to make me feel better and provide us with all we need.

So it will be OHMSS, lots of food, all kinds of roasted meet, vegetables, mashed potatoes, sauces, lots to drink too!
    And La Bombe Surprise! which we got today from the local bakery. It's huge, ha ha.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Salmon caviar and champagne tonight, mamosas with Eggs Benny tomorrow morning while kids open their presents. OHMSS in the late morning, followed by a nap
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am indulging with fave movies and music and putting soft toy antlers on my dog (annual ritual of getting him to sit still long enough for a photo - has not happened yet!). Oh and there's this, from the American embassy in Tokyo ... enjoy ;) Merry Xmas!

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Staying at home this weekend, but thankfully it's a white Christmas! Hopefully the family can still make it up. These are the views from my house in my little California town;
    File_000%205_zps5tkvelyt.jpeg

File_000%206_zpsjnof1zqk.jpeg
  • On a waking night shift stuffed full of anti biotics and other meds, dreaded man flu HO! HO! HO! Christmas day will be keep warm and sleep :))
    There's going to be a James Bond Orchestra event here tomorrow! I'm so excited that something like this is happening!

They're going to be sung live with orchestra, and I expect some nice performances. It's so weird that an event like this is happening in my country but this should be pretty good. I saw some bits and pieces from the concerts in other cities (from my country) and it's orchestra+singer while there's Bond stuff playing in the backgroud (this event is happening at a local cinema)

This should be a pretty good Bond experience
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @Birdleson I'm in the tiny town of Frazier Park, in Kern county.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    dragonsky wrote: »
    There's going to be a James Bond Orchestra event here tomorrow! I'm so excited that something like this is happening!

They're going to be sung live with orchestra, and I expect some nice performances. It's so weird that an event like this is happening in my country but this should be pretty good. I saw some bits and pieces from the concerts in other cities (from my country) and it's orchestra+singer while there's Bond stuff playing in the backgroud (this event is happening at a local cinema)

There's was one here last year, and it completely slipped by me. Shame on myself.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 2,491
    dragonsky wrote: »

I liked it but it was really short. Like hour or so. They played like 10 songs I think, mostly the newer ones. All Craig, all Dalton and all Brosnan. They played like 1 or 2 Connery and no Lazenby/Moore. They also played the theme song.

I liked it. One of the singers got both the DAD and QoS theme... I felt bad for her haha the DAD theme sung especially sounded really weird..the instrumental was good since they had some sort of electric keyboard and other stuff so I liked that but just live version of the DAD theme sounds weird.

Here's something from their past perofrmances

Also the guy that sung CR got way into the first part of the song that he forgot some words of the second part haha

But yeah overall it was really good. I'm glad I saw this and I got pumped up to see more Bond!

edit: I just watched the vid I posted and I want to say that it was better and more energetic than the vid I posted haha (like I said this was other perfromance :D ) :D
    Coasted through Christmas time, now getting organised for returning to work tomorrow.
    I was supposed to be going out to a party tonight but have had a bloody cough for the last 3 days.
    So my girlfriend and I will be going straight home to get snuggly wuggly and put a film on.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Have a cough here as well. It s my son s 18th birthday, so off to buy some cake and soda, then probably order a pizza home.
    Sorry to hear, yes it seems, half the Swiss population has caught a cold as well. Pretty epidemic.

I will spend New Year's Eve at the log cabin in the alps with my four brothers-in-arms.
    A real man only night with fun adolescent antics :P
    Lots of food, lots to drink too! And of course our own private fireworks outside at the lake.
    And no sleep till Brooklyn!!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/07Y0cy-nvAg"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Got to love those Beastie Boys. Which one are you?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The wife will be working all New Years Eve & Day so I'll just be at home. She works in a children's home so these things will happen. . Got Christmas with her which was good and we don't really celebrate new year. . So, it'll be movie nights for me I think. . Certainly some Bond.
    Ad-Rock, in the middle, the cute, naughty show-off, naturally :D

full.jpg

And because the Beasties are just the best another favourite of mine...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qORYO0atB6g"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Have a cough here as well. It s my son s 18th birthday, so off to buy some cake and soda, then probably order a pizza home.

Well wish him a very happy birthday from the Lord Dragonpol. I'll be over for a big slice of that pizza later! ;)
    I would as well,except I would cough all over him,and we don't want that !!
    @Thunderfinger
    Congratulations on your son's 18th. Is he now of legal age like he would be in Switzerland?
    18 is a fabulous age.

Sorry to hear about the cold. Somehow I always escape those things, then of course, no virus will survive 40 minutes of sauna with the following jump into the ice cold lake :P

@Shark_0f_Largo
    People like your wife are important. To be there for the children is so much more valuable than any New Year's Eve party.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK

@Shark_0f_Largo
    People like your wife are important. To be there for the children is so much more valuable than any New Year's Eve party.

Couldn't agree more, thank you. These are kids (14-16 year old anyway,), who have been through so much in their life and have their own issues, so NYE isn't an issue to us, never has been. Very proud of the job she does. As are our own children (well, our 18, 16 & 13 year olds).

For us it is clearing away all evidence of Christmas for another year! That about covers it sadly!
    Thank you all. And yes, he is now his own man in a legal sense. He still can t buy booze for another couple of years. I think that s it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Just working as usual. :(
    You mean killing people?