"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    "It's a sort of karate isn't it"

;)) We were told we could bring a date. I doubt any of us will.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My plan is to order some thai food, and maybe watch A Cure For Wellness.
    I'm going paintballing tomorrow.

I've never done it before and I am quite frankly terrified. As a bonus, I have to be at the back end of Croydon for 9am. Send help.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'm going paintballing tomorrow.

I've never done it before and I am quite frankly terrified. As a bonus, I have to be at the back end of Croydon for 9am. Send help.

I live near Croydon in Biggin Hill if you know it, do you live around there by any chance?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've been going through my bins of plastic parts and looking for ways to use them. I finished making these sci fi themed props for diorama projects.
    jvkDghSl.jpg
    qVDzjdJl.jpg
    4i19A7Ml.jpg
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,108
    @NSGW I know Biggin Hill very well - I work in Bromley, live in Crystal Palace. Hi, neighbour!
  • Working all weekend and most of the week, then six days off which will be nice
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just returned from the Canadian International Auto Show, from which the DB5 was featured. Cool stuff.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Wife was in San Diego for a wedding so I was home with my 2 and 1 year old. Enjoyed a nice cigar and a bottle of red after they went to sleep.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Will be in NYC from tomorrow to Sunday, probably won't get in a lot of posting during that period.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Will be in NYC from tomorrow to Sunday, probably won't get in a lot of posting during that period.

If you'd like I can tell you where my favorite pizza in the universe is, as well as my favorite bakery. They're both down in The Village.
    Not sure if I can squeeze that in this year, but I'd love to know for future reference.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Wife was in San Diego for a wedding so I was home with my 2 and 1 year old. Enjoyed a nice cigar and a bottle of red after they went to sleep.

I'm in Florida right now visiting my mom in Sarasota. Where are you?

@Birdleson East coast. West Palm beach area. But I love Sarasota. I spend time there every summer

I'm in Florida right now visiting my mom in Sarasota. Where are you?

@Birdleson East coast. West Palm beach area. But I love Sarasota. I spend time there every summer

My Grandmother lived at Century Village in West Palm Beach. I'd visit as a teen in the '70s.

My grandma lived less than a mile from there. It's kinda run down nowadays

If you'd like I can tell you where my favorite pizza in the universe is, as well as my favorite bakery. They're both down in The Village.
    Not sure if I can squeeze that in this year, but I'd love to know for future reference.

Joe's Pizza off of Bleecker and Carmine in the West Village , near NYU.

Viniero's Bakery, on 11th or 12th off 2nd Ave in the East Village.
    Cool. Thank you.
    That's too bad. It was THE place for dying jews in the '70s.

Ehhh they moved about a half hour south to Boca Raton. Was there a few weekends ago visiting my wife's Jewish grandmother. That is THE place now.
    Anything exciting going on ,this weekend ,peeps ? let us know !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Logan.
    Logan for me as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Logan, hockey tournament, getting two girls to dance, getting just a little drunk
    Who is having fun and is down in the dumps this weekend..what ya all up to ? ..do tell.
    Been on an Anniversary dinner with my beautiful other half, then a family day in the country today. Lovely! :-bd
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Congrats on your anniversary.
    How many years ?
    Thank you very much! 6 years and counting but we have known each other for 20 plus years. It's a very long story but with a happy ending thankfully! :-bd
    Best kind of story! Congrats :)
    Watya up to tonight and this weekend ? ...ta be sure,ta be sure,ta be sure....
    Taking the wife and kids to Disney world for the weekend
    Helping various friends celebrate their birthdays. Half the people I know seem to have a March birthday!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Off to the big smoke today till Sunday.

We've got tickets for the David Hockney Retrospective at The Tate Britain.

My Wife is a big fan and I have come to appreciate his work as well, we watched the Hockney documentary film when it was on a few years back and found it fascinating.

Living in Leeds there is quite a lot of his work scattered around Yorkshire particularly in The Salt Mill in Saltaire not far from us on the outskirts of Bradford, where Hockney was born.

My Wife is very excited about this and I am looking forward to it as well.

http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/david-hockney

Will be back in London in September for this at the V&A.

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd?gclid=CjwKEAjwkq7GBRDun9iu2JjyhmsSJADHCD_HeOq2IW7Xp5k3R2fJ-s-J5Qbd22p1ATTTxJcLKxNnGxoCPl7w_wcB

My favourite band so I can't wait, we went to the Bowie exhibtion back in 2013 and that was amazing.

I am also looking forward to the Pink Floyd exhibition, @Shardlake, though not to the accompanying hit on my wallet.