"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Same city but to a quieter area, bigger house etc. Bigger house needed as I have so much stuff, haha. It's also a chance for a clean break for us.

Good for you! Hope all goes to plan, and do bring that removal truck back in one piece! :-B :)) ;)

Haha, I'll certainly try. Many thanks.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Shark old friend may you find yourself well and truly at home in your new house .
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    That's 5 miles for you Americans.

And Brits....we have no clue about Kilometers. Its miles.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Shark old friend may you find yourself well and truly at home in your new house .

Thank you. We certainly feel good about it. All is positive.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Visiting my dad on Sunday.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Two weeks off so been enjoying the freakish good weather down at the beach chalet, alas I have somehow had a extreme allergic reaction to something and covered in a rash and blisters. On the upside I have a great tan :))
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Track Day at Castle Combe in Wiltshire on Friday with one of my customers whose Mazda RX8 I've been preparing for race usage I hope to see you all if and when I get back !.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Taking the wife to the hockey game on Saturday
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Hopefully they can manage to make quick work of the Sabres, hope you both have fun.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Hopefully they can manage to make quick work of the Sabres, hope you both have fun.

Thanks it's been a rough season. But I've been going for free this season since my brother in law works for the Panthers as a ticket rep.
    Can't beat free tickets, and the last time we spoke about it, I recall you saying you lived rather close to the stadium, so that's gotta be great. Hell, I'd be going all the time solely to see Jagr keep working his magic - might not be as great as he's been in the past, but at that age, he still delivers.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Can't beat free tickets, and the last time we spoke about it, I recall you saying you lived rather close to the stadium, so that's gotta be great. Hell, I'd be going all the time solely to see Jagr keep working his magic - might not be as great as he's been in the past, but at that age, he still delivers.

I live about an hour away on a good day. Jagr is still tearing it up. Saw him score live at one of the games I went To. But sad to day, I doubt he's back with Florida next season.

I read an interview with him about a week or two back where he sounded pretty optimistic about "getting better" and continuing to play - any chance someone else picks him up, or is this looking like his final season? He's been on a one year contract for the last few years, has he not?
    Yeah it's been on a year by year basis. However there is interest for him to come back on both sides but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go to a team that has a better cup shot
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yeah, like the Toronto Maple Leafs, @Last Rat Standing!
    I can't blame him for that, either, especially with his age now. It's why I was happy to see the Pens acquire Ron Hainsey a couple months back, as I believe he's currently the longest-serving NHL player who has yet to go to the playoffs. Must be tough, but at least that'll be rectified in a week or so.
    peter wrote: »
    yeah, like the Toronto Maple Leafs, @Last Rat Standing!

@peter first round exit...haha. honestly I don't care just not Chicago
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Last_Rat, I don't like our chances this year, in the first round, if we face Washington. But this is a dynamic team, and the next two to three years will tell a different tale (Babcock, seven rookies this year, three having passed the sixty point mark, a legit number one goalie (finally!))... We went from dead last, and, if we win tonight, go into the playoffs-- all in one year. For the first time in a long time, this city has hope for this franchise!!
    I hope the leafs do well. I'm not really pulling for anyone in the East with Florida out. But it'll be good for the city of Toronto. Hope to play in to the 2-3 seeds and avoid Washington. A battle of Ontario would be an interesting first round.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    We screwed up royally tonight-- lost 4-1 to Tampa...:(

Ottawa secured a spot tonight. We have to either beat the Pens on Sat or Columbus on Sunday-- two tough ones!

I think we could beat the Sens in the battle of Ont!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    If the weather is kind I might get my long-delayed last year's birthday present on Sunday: a flight in a de Havilland Dragon Rapide from Duxford!!

Fingers crossed.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    If the weather is kind I might get my long-delayed last year's birthday present on Sunday: a flight in a de Havilland Dragon Rapide from Duxford!!

Fingers crossed.

Nice one...hope it all works out for you @Agent_99 !!

Thanks, Barry! There will be a full report if it does.
    Once my afternoon shift is over? It is a long weekend for me with the family! :-bd
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I will be attending a service of a friend of mine who passed away yesterday. Pretty bummed out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sorry to hear that, @jake24.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @jake24

I'm very sorry.
    My condolences @jake24 keep positive
    Sorry to hear that. Hope the service goes OK.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks a lot.