"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

Wow ...really ?? thats a no brainer @Birdleson ,you might never get this chance again..go go !!..we will still be here on the 'comment while you watch thread' when u get back to let us know how it was !!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I am so jealous...but glad for you Mr B.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I may be getting a scanner this weekend, so I will be able to post some of my artwork here beyond just digital stuff. I'm putting together a portfolio for career/job purposes.
    Go for it and good luck...!
    I may be getting a scanner this weekend, so I will be able to post some of my artwork here beyond just digital stuff. I'm putting together a portfolio for career/job purposes.

From what I have seen you sure should have a fine career ahead of you. I'm so happy for you.
    I haven't bought any new clothes in over 4 years now so I should go to the mall and do that.
    I remember wearing that pink shirt in the summer of 2012 so it must be actually 5 years.
    Getting house and garden sorted for the Autumn and Winter. :bz
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @RogueAgent, I guess that makes you a busy bee, then? ;)
    I would argue to it's a bumble bee...
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Seeing Cleese and Idle is a few hours, I'll keep you posted.

Fierce Creatures is my most beloved comedy ever. I absolutely love it! Cleese is utterly brilliant. Even in DAD.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I grew up watching Monty Python, big fan of both men.

I got all of it on those fabulous A&E DVD boxes they released some ten to twelve years ago.

THIS is my favourite sketch, and how cool I found it on youtube!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9VLwV48OHs"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for asking. Drinking as much as possible is at the top of my list.
    @RogueAgent, I guess that makes you a busy bee, then? ;)

Absolutely! House Extension is at appeal right now so getting all other jobs and outstanding bills/debts cleared so i am clear for the new year and the big Bond project!!! :-bd
    So, tell us,what are you up to this weekend fellow Bond nerds ?

I'm meeting my girlfriend in London for a few hours tomorrow...but it may involve missing the Arsenal match tomorrow if my SKY GO doesn't work properly on the bloody train !!
    Polishing the MX5 and "pottering" on Saturday, down to Brighton on Sunday morning to visit a record fair and catch up with an old friend and fellow vinyl fan. Nagging the kids about their homework will take up Sunday afternoon.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @Birdleson

Wow, the cultural high life you live!

I watched Born To Boogie a couple of weeks ago on Blu-ray. What a film. While I never was into the Beatles I have become a huge Marc Bolan fan (looking at you @4EverBonded ).

I wish I could ask Ringo about Bolan, they seemed to have so much fun together.
    I finally bought the Wii U. Because with the Switch coming out next March the U will not be produced anymore and it would have been the first Nintendo game system that I had missed.

Naturally I bought some games, meaning this weekend will be gaming time. YAY!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Ringo and Marc were friends for a while but drifted apart. He was an early champion of Marc when Bolan "went electric" and got his boogie groove perfected. John Lennon also liked Marc's music. And, famously, David Bowie was a longtime friend (rivals at times, but genuine friends). You know, friendships, music, business, all move on, some change more than others. Such is life. And Marc, bless him, left us far too young (age 29). Legend. And even with his flaws, he was overall a loving person. His music is often (really the majority of it) uplifting. The film Born to Boogie is great fun, with silly bits - but it is the 1972 Wembley concert within it that is a true rocknroll time capsule and one for the ages. Marc was magic, as BP Fallon so aptly said. He was extremely naturally charismatic and an amazing songwriter & performer. I play Bolan every day ... it is like the air I breathe. His music is a real gift to the world (and a lot more varied than most people realize).

For anybody interested in T.Rex, Marc Bolan, here is one of the very finest pieces of writing on him and his music that I have read. And I've read a lot. From Dec. 2014, Neil Kulkarni:
    http://thequietus.com/articles/16910-t-rex-the-vinyl-collection-review It may have a slight error or two in facts, but overall is spot on, honest, and just beautifully written.

My weekend is, as usual, working on Saturday so a one day weekend. Tomorrow features dog walking over our hill, reading, music, maybe a dvd, and hopefully pizza. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You are really a fan. There is no music that I play every day.
    Played another 6 hours of Wii U games yesterday (with daughter).
    Now on to another triple feature of Columbo, this time Jack Cassidy.
  • Well fell ill over weekend so all my plans evaporated, think I need a holiday.
    Sorry to hear that @fire_and_ice
    There's a nasty flu going around in Switzerland. Luckily I escaped it this time.
  • Sorry to hear that @fire_and_ice
    There's a nasty flu going around in Switzerland. Luckily I escaped it this time.

Cheers mate I rarely get ill so it's irritating, been working all hours think I hit a wall [-(
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Working as a crash test dummy?
    On a boring note? Housework! On a more interesting note? Working on my Bond project! B-) Which is much more fun although expensive! 8-}
    You cant take your money with you when you go,Rogue,so you might as well spend it on something you love eh ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You cant take your money with you when you go,Rogue,so you might as well spend it on something you love eh ?

Absolutely my friend! Just wish the local Council would act with some common sense and talk to me instead of making decisions which has now caused at least a 9 month delay on the project. ~X(
  • Working as a crash test dummy?
    minus the air bag

What's the project, @RogueAgent?