Comic relief night to feature Daniel Craig as James Bond

Comments

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Oh for goodness sake lighten up, you lot!

Comic Relief sketches are meant to be silly. This was a nice bit of publicity to put the Bond stars in the public eye and have a bit of a laugh. It wasn't as hilarious as the Catherine Tate piece from 2007 but it was a good bit of fun. That is all!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    This one won't be international as we're used to see people being dubbed :) I don't know about English viewers but here I found the dubbing not very well done, so it basically broke everything, and I wonder if there was anything to break in the first place... I'd have prefered if they had impersonated very weird voices with their own voices actually. Here it seems like some Youtube creation (which can be very, very good, but you expect more from an A cast)

Dubbing trivia : when Bond speaks with the voice changer in DAF, in the French version, Connery's dubbed French voice (Jean-Pierre Duclos) is changed into Bruce Cabot's French voice (Claude Bertrand). Claude Bertrand was also the French dubber of Roger Moore (and one of the reasons of why he's so popular here IMO). So, well, for the French audience, Connery's Bond voice is turned into Moore's Bond voice in DAF : 60s Bond speaks like 70s/80s Bond :)
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Dubbing trivia : when Bond speaks with the voice changer in DAF, in the French version, Connery's dubbed French voice (Jean-Pierre Duclos) is changed into Bruce Cabot's French voice (Claude Bertrand). Claude Bertrand was also the French dubber of Roger Moore (and one of the reasons of why he's so popular here IMO). So, well, for the French audience, Connery's Bond voice is turned into Moore's Bond voice in DAF : 60s Bond speaks like 70s/80s Bond

Fascinating bit of dubbing trivia, there! Thank you for sharing! ;)
    DCisared wrote: »
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    John bishop is another one who is completely unfunny.
    John Bishop was not being funny on purpose
    There is nothing Funny about Children losing their lives for want of a £2:50 mosie net IS THERE.

"where'd ya get that? B&Q? " hilarious.

You noticed that comment more than being moved and upset with what was going on around him in that film...?

Amazing!

I've seen enough of those videos showcasing the awful poverty and famine in Africa thank you.
    I don't need patronising by celebs.
    There was no patronising, just celebs doing a good cause, but I guess you missed that part entirely.....
    I do wonder, if that was done during the time, Daniel had his knee injury as they made him basically sit down and not move. In the mirror article, it says, he walked away with a hump, but that part is missing in the vid. Hump = limp? Also, what about the black eye? Was it there or was it make up, as it had no relevance to the skit? All in all silly fun but too much of the high pitched voice. They should have made a different one for either Daniel or Roger.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well there wasn't much to laugh at on the night so I found the Bondsketch quite funny. I was worried they would try to do something about Bond being a cross dresser or something like that, so I was relieved at the reveal.

Pleased to see Moore and Craig enter into the joke and make fun of themselves.

I guess I must have a puerile sense of humour reading some of the comments, so I apologise here and now for finding that sketch as funny as I did. Sorry :(
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    I've seen enough of those videos showcasing the awful poverty and famine in Africa thank you.

I wonder a bit: why do you watch it then? I mean, celebs telling you to donate to a good cause is what Comic Relief is about, right? It's like deliberatly tuning in to The Walking Dead and then saying: "Man I hate zombies. They are so disgusting, I wonder why they subject me to that crap."

It's your decision what you watch on TV. If celebrities trying to make you donate by showing you pics of poor African children is something you hate, why do you tune in in the first place? It's not like they sprung that element on you as a surprise.
    Fascinating bit of dubbing trivia, there! Thank you for sharing! ;)

And there's the bit in TMTWGG where French Roger's Bond talk about vibrators instead of toothbrushes, or in FYEO when he insists that the ice cream he'll buy for Bibi will have two balls...

Dubbing had some liberties, at that time :) Now I'm sure in the contracts it's written all over the place that the "adapted" stuff is forbidden.

Now the French voice of Craig's Bond is done by :

profil-maxi-Eric-HERSON-MACAREL.jpg

don't know if it mattered he looks a bit like him actually :)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I do wonder, if that was done during the time, Daniel had his knee injury as they made him basically sit down and not move. In the mirror article, it says, he walked away with a hump, but that part is missing in the vid. Hump = limp? Also, what about the black eye? Was it there or was it make up, as it had no relevance to the skit? All in all silly fun but too much of the high pitched voice. They should have made a different one for either Daniel or Roger.

A 'hump' can be a slang expression for throwing a childish fit of anger, or sulking.

"I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!" comes from the Just William stories.

Thanks Tokoloshe. Any suggestions about the black eye?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    roko wrote: »

I wonder a bit: why do you watch it then? I mean, celebs telling you to donate to a good cause is what Comic Relief is about, right? It's like deliberatly tuning in to The Walking Dead and then saying: "Man I hate zombies. They are so disgusting, I wonder why they subject me to that crap."

It's your decision what you watch on TV. If celebrities trying to make you donate by showing you pics of poor African children is something you hate, why do you tune in in the first place? It's not like they sprung that element on you as a surprise.

I was waiting for the bond sketch, like most of us.
    About the black eye : I take it as a way to make a contrast between being "Bond" and his voice. Because how can you convey any sense you're "born to be Bond" with such a voice ? Let's show he make his own stunts.

Btw to continue on the topic of weird voices, Connery's Bond with a "kid voice" in a French Youtube parody seen millions of times :

About the black eye : I take it as a way to make a contrast between being "Bond" and his voice. Because how can you convey any sense you're "born to be Bond" with such a voice ?

I think the black eye was part of what Daniel was fillming for spectre at the time they filmed for comic relief. Guessing he gets beaten up quite bad in the film?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Comic Relief raised over £78 million pounds last night.
    @parachute. True, the eye could be a nod to doing the stunts.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

Comic Relief sketches are meant to be silly. This was a nice bit of publicity to put the Bond stars in the public eye and have a bit of a laugh. It wasn't as hilarious as the Catherine Tate piece from 2007 but it was a good bit of fun. That is all!

Ok I think that says it all. I'm out.
  • RC7RC7
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

Ok I think that says it all. I'm out.

Ha ha.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,279
    I think everyone needs to lighten up here a bit. Comic Relief is all for charity, and a bit of fun where celebs send themselves up, take the p!ss out of themselves all in the name of a good cause, where ultimately its about raising money for dying kids in Africa.

It's not supposed to be pure comedy gold, and I just thought it was nice to see the Bond team joining in the fun, helping with the cause and not taking themselves too seriously....unlike quite a few on here.

I thought the Bond sketch was quite amusing, made me chuckle in quite a few parts, and didn't get offended by any of it, mainly because I've just watched a harrowing, depressing film about burying children in the ground just before it.

Get a grip and lighten up. It was for charity....
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512

If the kid in the street with the Comic Relief clipboard wants to put on a red nose and do a celebrity impression, while earning sweet FA, fair play. They already have my money. I expect more from a team of wealthy, well-respected creatives and writers. It's their job after all. The fact it's for charity is all the more reason to do something memorable, rather than shite.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Okay, so it is not the greatest, funniest, most inventive British humour.

You can say that again.

Bean was great.

I was amazed how great Bean was actually. I had lost interest with the first movie. But that was pure classic.
    Hang on - I'm still watching and Daniel Craig is featuring in another sketch a bit later!

Darnit I miss it. Although it must be on iplayer.
    Hang on - I'm still watching and Daniel Craig is featuring in another sketch a bit later!
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Darnit I miss it. Although it must be on iplayer.
    They showed the 2007 Catherine Tate/Daniel Craig sketch.
  • I had watched with great expectations this "Behind the Bond" sketch. What can I say? I'm disappointed! It was great to see Sir Roger, Sam, Micheal and Daniel. That's it. The skit with Cathrine Tate was awesome. The "Bond" Sketch a big disappointment. The jokes with the girls voices from Sir Roger and Daniel had to run away. Since they had to come up with something better! Big laughs, as in Catherine Tate sketch - none !!!

Thumbs down for this shit!!! :-?
    RC7 wrote: »

If the kid in the street with the Comic Relief clipboard wants to put on a red nose and do a celebrity impression, while earning sweet FA, fair play. They already have my money. I expect more from a team of wealthy, well-respected creatives and writers. It's their job after all. The fact it's for charity is all the more reason to do something memorable, rather than shite.

I didn't think it was shite. I thought it was amusing, and made me laugh out loud in certain parts, particularly the scene from SF when Bond opens the door to Moneypenny.

Maybe I wasn't expecting too much from it.

Btw to continue on the topic of weird voices, Connery's Bond with a "kid voice" in a French Youtube parody seen millions of times :

@Suivez_ce_parachute, I don´t speak French, but that clip was funny nonetheless! Thanks :-))!

• edited March 2015 Posts: 14,825
    boldfinger wrote: »

@Suivez_ce_parachute, I don´t speak French, but that clip was funny nonetheless! Thanks :-))!

That was indeed hilarious. Comic relief couldn't have done anything like this, you need a certain distance towards the Bond-verse, to have the proper irreverence.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The Catherine Tate sketch was much better and probably a nowhere near the budget of behind the Bond. Daniel making the sandwich was very funny and eating it as she comes out the bathroom.

Yes it was for charity but Walliams is well past his sell by date and as for those brothers, never heard of them.
    Just watched the sketch. It was.....alright.

Though I did feel a little embarrassed for Rog to be honest.

I liked the Just William nod ("I'll scweam and scweam and scweam 'till I'm sick")
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    as for those brothers, never heard of them.

They are the flavour of the month go to guys for 'light entertainment comedy', they write on a lot of shows.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I liked the "aaaahhhhhhhh" bit when he falls. That was amusing.

Can't stand Alan Carr though ~X(
    Well, for the sake of it, here's Roger Moore's Bond given the same treatment by the French Youtuber Mozinor who is a star of parody dubbing here. In this clip; Bond is a member of PETA. It's far less subtle though than the GF one. To my knowledge Mozinor didn't do other Bonds. Here Roger has a high pitched voice too...

Well, for the sake of it, here's Roger Moore's Bond given the same treatment by the French Youtuber Mozinor who is a star of parody dubbing here. In this clip; Bond is a member of PETA. It's far less subtle though than the GF one. To my knowledge Mozinor didn't do other Bonds. Here Roger has a high pitched voice too...

Funny, but not as funny as the first one.