Comic relief night to feature Daniel Craig as James Bond

Comments

Could have been better. X
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »
    John bishop is another one who is completely unfunny.
    John Bishop was not being funny on purpose
    There is nothing Funny about Children losing their lives for want of a £2:50 mosie net IS THERE.

"where'd ya get that? B&Q? " hilarious.

But no, it wasn't humorous, however you spell it.

Whereas we all find you hilarious on here...

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,279
    There is nothing Funny about Children losing their lives for want of a £2:50 mosie net IS THERE.

You noticed that comment more than being moved and upset with what was going on around him in that film...?

Amazing!

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Dear DCisared if you would care to sent the nice people at Comic Relief £2:50 they would happily spend it on a net that would save a life I don't think they get them from B&Q though.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,279
    Dear DCisared if you would care to sent the nice people at Comic Relief £2:50 they would happily spend it on a net that would save a life I don't think they get them from B&Q though.

I think you are wasting your time on him. He only noticed the B&Q joke, and nothing else...

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

You noticed that comment more than being moved and upset with what was going on around him in that film...?

Amazing!

I've seen enough of those videos showcasing the awful poverty and famine in Africa thank you.
    I don't need patronising by celebs.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    dunda wrote: »

@dunda It says the video is private
    Just watched the bad quality version. The sketch is pretty good for what it is. I laughed.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I was at work but my mate sent me this text at about 9 o'clock:

Even for Comic Relief, the Bond sketch was one of the unfunniest things I've ever seen. I'm including Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan in that statement.

This was always going to be poor and I haven't read through everyone's comments but should I just spare myself the pain and not bother?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Now Sarah Millican, who is presenting now and provided the voice of Roger Moore in the sketch, I don't find funny - but I know a lot of people do. @DCisared I don't think it's fair calling someone "Completely unfunny", because humour is subjective - Both John Bishop, who you dislike, and Sarah Millican, who I dislike, have sold out venues on their comedy tours - There are a lot of people out there who have differing opinions to us and find them funny.

Are they completely unfunny? No, not at all. They're just not funny to us.
    I was at work but my mate sent me this text at about 9 o'clock:Even for Comic Relief, the Bond sketch was one of the unfunniest things I've ever seen. I'm including Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan in that statement.

This was always going to be poor and I haven't read through everyone's comments but should I just spare myself the pain and not bother?
    Some people are finding it funny, some merely humorous and some really dislike it - It does seem to be a little Marmite
    I made it public but YT has it blocked due to copyright

It's online here mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/comic-relief-2015-daniel-craigs-5330489
    just a bit missing at the beginning
    Catherine Tate / Daniel Craig sketch is on now
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Let us not forget that @ DCisared is a well balanced chap
    By which I mean that he has a chip of equal size on each shoulder.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I made it public but YT has it blocked due to copyright

It's online here mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/comic-relief-2015-daniel-craigs-5330489
    just a bit missing at the beginning

@dunda Thank you :)
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512

Even for Comic Relief, the Bond sketch was one of the unfunniest things I've ever seen. I'm including Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan in that statement.

I would be flabbergasted if you thought it was decent.
    Well, Danny Walker liked it ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't know about you fellas. But I didn't find it funny at all.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Let us not forget that @ DCisared is a well balanced chap
    By which I mean that he has a chip of equal size on each shoulder.

Based on the comments here (youtube doesn't work where i am) that may be funnier than anything in the sketch tonight :))
    I've just watched a repeat viewing they've just shown. It's not a sketch that holds up to multiple viewings, I think the initial viewing worked for me because it was unexpected and the odd voice coming from Craig was a nice juxtaposition, when the surprise is taken away, the idea is good but the humour wanes.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It was for charity and it shows Daniel Craig and the rest definitely have a sense of humour but it wasn't that funny really, makes you think what it might have been with some better comic talent behind the writing.

I'm sorry I hate smileys!
  • tqbtqb
    As an American... I have no clue what I just watched..
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    makes you think what it might have been with some better comic talent behind the writing.

Exactly. Once I'd seen it was written by the Dawson Bros I was immediately sceptical, but I didn't say anything on here as I knew I'd be berated for being negative. Turns out it's worse than I thought. I assumed it would be mediocre, but it was very poor. It's just a shame more that anything as getting the team together and especially Rog deserves better.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »

I would be flabbergasted if you thought it was decent.

Well if my mate said that I know I won't. And I trust your judgement too old chap. But I never had any expectations that this would be anything but awful. Just as long as Michael McIntyre didn't appear alongside Daniel I won't have to kill anyone.
    I.. loved it. It's a comedy sketch. I don't think Rogers fake-real dubbing was any good, but I laughed at everything else. What were you all expecting exactly?
    Not very funny to be honest.
    It was certainly.... Interesting.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I liked it especially the line " oh!, he bit me !" :))