No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Campbell, Craig and Arnold. That's what I want.

I'd have zero complaints if this lineup was announced.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Eva Green as Vesper Lynd's long lost estranged twin sister and Bond's future wife and life partner. ;)

Then, I'll have zero complaints. Huh... I'm definitely sentimental.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Eva Green as Vesper Lynd's long lost estranged twin sister and Bond's future wife and life partner. ;)

Don't worry, to this day I can still put in CR and hope that Bond manages to save Vesper in time, but he never seems to. Maybe one day...

Don't worry, to this day I can still put in CR and hope that Bond manages to save Vesper in time, but he never seems to. Maybe one day...
    Join the club.
  • RC7RC7
    Whatever one may think of Arnold he absolutely gets Bond. He's not attempting to 'do his thing', because he knows he's not bigger than the club - to use a football analogy. Something which has been tested recently by certain people. Barry was a genius, and they don't come along too often. Arnold delivers in the same way Campbell does with Bond. There's no ego to speak of.

I thought it was only me that had that feeling every time i watch CR!
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    RC7 wrote: »
    Whatever one may think of Arnold he absolutely gets Bond. He's not attempting to 'do his thing', because he knows he's not bigger than the club - to use a football analogy. Something which has been tested recently by certain people. Barry was a genius, and they don't come along too often. Arnold delivers in the same way Campbell does with Bond. There's no ego to speak of.

Well I'd prefer Arnold over Zimmer or Newman for Bond, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to see Zimmer have a shot at it.

Agreed. Having Craig, Campbell and Arnold back is my prefered choice at this moment as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @RC7, bang on point; best way of describing Arnold. I think I said something similar about him; that he just "gets" Bond-- and that goes a long way!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The same can be said about Campbell; he's done some good work outside of Bond but nothing remarkable. He just "gets" Bond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    agreed @talos7
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Umm, so this is either the most exciting news of the year or complete utter bullsh*t. My guess is the latter. Thoughts?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/daniel-craig-stay-james-bond-10760121
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Complete utter bullsh*t, as is anything coming from the Mirror.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That would make me happy. Here's hoping it's true.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm not too keen on Adele again. Get Duffy out of retirement.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,694
    Unless I'm mistaken, they got Craig's age wrong in the article. So I would assume the article was written in a hurry for a few click-baits.
    Yep, and their expressiveness of how Idris Elba, Tom Hardy and others were "contenders". So much for falsifying "Fake News".
    I guess we should wait and see how the other papers react (if at all).
  • I guess we should wait and see how the other papers react (if at all).

Oh if history is anything to go by, they'll all take it and run with it.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Jeffrey wrote: »

Well I'd prefer Arnold over Zimmer or Newman for Bond, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to see Zimmer have a shot at it.
    I thought Zimmer's score for Interstellar was absolutely outstanding. Very moving & uplifting during the emotional moments but with some superb suspense motifs during key scenes (wave sequence and the visually stunning docking scene). Da Vinci Code is by far my favourite of his though (Chevaliers de Sangreal is sublime). I'd love to see what he would come up with for Bond, but I doubt it will happen.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Umm, so this is either the most exciting news of the year or complete utter bullsh*t. My guess is the latter. Thoughts?

John Logan again? I doubt it's true.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,730
    Is 2018 even a possibility at this point?
    Actually if we look at spectre, the director, release date, and actor was all decided in july 2013 officially. It is july right now. If it were to be announced and be the same as spectre then the film would come out in november 2019. But if it is not announced now then 2020?
  • RC7RC7
    echo wrote: »

I can guarantee John Logan is definitely not involved. That's a fact.
    I guess we should wait and see how the other papers react (if at all).

Oh if history is anything to go by, they'll all take it and run with it.

Yet no one so far has repeated the story. Which, ironically enough, tells us a lot more than if they had.

Not that I doubt you, but how exactly is it fact?

• RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »

Not that I doubt you, but how exactly is it fact?

Trust me, it is.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Wasn't he one of the major screw ups on SP, who caused a significant delay due to his initial cut being shiite? If so, they probably won't call him back.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Wasn't he one of the major screw ups on SP, who caused a significant delay due to his initial cut being shiite? If so, they probably won't call him back.

Essentially, yes.

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Da Vinci Code is by far my favourite of his though (Chevaliers de Sangreal is sublime). I'd love to see what he would come up with for Bond, but I doubt it will happen.

'Chevaliers de Sangreal' is my favorite too. Beautiful music that fitted the ending scene very well. I went to the Hans Zimmer concert in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and was happy that this piece was performed as well.

Sorry for going off topic a bit here.
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Da Vinci Code is by far my favourite of his though (Chevaliers de Sangreal is sublime). I'd love to see what he would come up with for Bond, but I doubt it will happen.

'Chevaliers de Sangreal' is my favorite too. Beautiful music that fitted the ending scene very well. I went to the Hans Zimmer concert in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and was happy that this piece was performed as well.

Sorry for going off topic a bit here.
    He's going to be near me in a few months and I was debating whether to go. Your post has compelled me to buy tickets, so thank you.
  • RC7RC7
    Zimmer is fantastic live.