No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    He was midlife crisis Bond in SF. Veteran Bond up next.

You mean him even looking older and more battered than in SF? Yes, that certainly should fix things wrong with the franchise.

Nothing to fix. It's always a clean slate if they want it, old or young.
    Think he looks great in those pictures. If they have a Bond film ready within the next few years, he'll still look the part.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    They can't reference his age less at 50 than they did at 43. If there was a balance to be found, it should have been done long ago. It's too late to start now.

They can do what they like.

Exactly, so why do you think they're so determined down a certain path?
    He was midlife crisis Bond in SF. Veteran Bond up next.

You mean him even looking older and more battered than in SF? Yes, that certainly should fix things wrong with the franchise.

Nothing to fix. It's always a clean slate if they want it, old or young.

If you think there's nothing to fix with the course they have taken the last two films then you and I have really very different ideas what makes a good (Bond) movie.
  • RC7RC7
    They can't reference his age less at 50 than they did at 43. If there was a balance to be found, it should have been done long ago. It's too late to start now.

I don't at all. They can go with Craig or start over. It really doesn't matter to me. They have the ability to pull either off.

I don't at all. They can go with Craig or start over. It really doesn't matter to me. They have the ability to pull either off.

To me the main ability producers should have is to have a coherent vision of their intended product and they haven't shown this for quite some time. Come to think about it
    ,not in this century.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Spectre was a back to form and 100% Bond. That was seen last in the Brosnan era.

Sure CR is one of the better Bond films. But they need to deliver with Craig's fifth or his era will widely be regarded as subpar.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Sure CR is one of the better Bond films. But they need to deliver with Craig's fifth or his era will widely be regarded as subpar...

And as a disheveled mishmash of ideas.
  • RC7RC7

To me the main ability producers should have is to have a coherent vision of their intended product and they haven't shown this for quite some time. Come to think about it
    ,not in this century.

EON adapt. Always have. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Their main job is to put together a team that can craft a film that makes everyone a shedload of cash. Job done. Blame the director if you take issue with the 'vision'.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,601
    Having taken in the money they did, they will never be viewed as subpar. Because to make that amount of Money, lots of People have to Go see it and multiple Times, too.

Mishmash of Ideas? Maybe at times. But what we have here sure us a rather illogical mishmash of opinions at times.

@Blofeld: Out of shape? Judging that by what exactly? Other then being your usual hater?
    @Barry: Tired? Of course, it can be your impression, but...really? To me, he looks pretty rested here and I am not saying that always, since he doesn't always.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Having taken in the money they did, they will never be viewed as subpar. Because to make that amount of Money, lots of People have to Go see it and multiple Times, too.

Mishmash of Ideas? Maybe at times. But what we have here sure us a rather illogical mishmash of opinions at times.

@Blofeld: Out of shape? Judging that by what exactly? Other then being your usual hater?
    @Barry: Tired? Of course, it can be your impression, but...really? To me, he looks pretty rested here and I am not saying that always, since he doesn't always.

To me his eyes look tired but you are more up to date about him than me...what's the next work project he has lined up by the way,or is there a window for a while for him ?

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Concerning Bond 25 I am torn between wanting Craig back for a fifth and last time and getting a clean new start.

Craig in 2019 can work and considering what Babsy might have next in store for a Bond actor we may just want Craig forever and a day. Because it can get worse, definitely.
    Jamie Bell anyone....
    Concerning Bond 25 I am torn between wanting Craig back for a fifth and last time and getting a clean new start.

It's time for a new start.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Robertson wrote: »

Agreed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Agreed.
    Thirded.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I disagree. One more Craig film to finish off Spectre and Blofeld then we can have a fresh start.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883

Agreed.
    Thirded.
    +4.

Rather they just move on, but if they must go back to well one more time for the old dog continuity routine then so be it. They'll have to be careful though, because it will timeline 'date' Bond.
    No SPECTRE has to put on ice ,it's been disrespected enough in the last film...Craig needs a stand-alone send off if he comes back.
  • RC7RC7
    barryt007 wrote: »
    No SPECTRE has to put on ice ,it's been disrespected enough in the last film...Craig needs a stand-alone send off if he comes back.

In YOLT the organisation is spent and Blofeld has gone full on bat shit. Completely workable for a Craig film.

In YOLT the organisation is spent and Blofeld has gone full on bat shit. Completely workable for a Craig film.

Garden of Death I can fully accept,but can SPECTRE really be spent after 1 Bond film ?
  • RC7RC7

Garden of Death I can fully accept,but can SPECTRE really be spent after 1 Bond film ?

Yeah. SP insinuates they've been across 4 films. Whether we accept that is up for debate, but it's a decent excuse to can it and go down the Bond vs. Blofeld route. Either way, I never wanted SPECTRE back, so if a new actor steps kick it off with new villains, and if Craig returns it's viable to have ESB be a lone wolf.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I disagree. One more Craig film to finish off Spectre and Blofeld then we can have a fresh start.

Spectre (the movie) already finished off Spectre (the organization) and Blofeld.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

Spectre (the movie) already finished off Spectre (the organization) and Blofeld.

No it didn't. Blofeld didn't die and Spectre wasn't disbanded.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Spectre. Just getting STAH-ted.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Eon is always pivoting.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Germanlady wrote: »

Quality isn't always reflective of quantitative success. DAD was a financial hit but it's a shit Bond movie. The transformers movies is a multi billion dollar franchise and those movies are garbage.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

No, they didn't spend all that money in buying Spectre back not to continue to use it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It get the feeling that some of you cling to some sort of continuity within the series. This is true to a certain extent. However EON have never really been fantastic at maintaining this angle.
    They can go down any path they see fit.
    After YOLT we get Majesty's where Bond seemingly should be recognised by Blofeld. Or DAF where Tracy is not mentioned once.
    Due to the popularity of Star Wars we got Moonraker, despite the end credits of TSWLM claiming FYEO was the next film. Just because some perceive a storyline is being followed, or a style of film will be prominent in Bond 25 doesn't necessarily mean it will. Fine to speculate, but till its confirmed.
    Craig could come back and the film could take any path it desires. If it's appealing and entertaining then audiences will lap it up regardless. They don't dissect Bond films the way fans do. If it makes money, then EON have done their job.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    That's why they shouldn't have backwards engineered a bull shit story arc for SPECTRE. If they wanted to start a collection of films following one storyline then skyfall should have continued that story but because they didn't theirs no point coming back to those previous films only to botch the universe.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There is no universe.
    EON don't adhere to any timeline, they make movies to entertain and make money.