No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Germanlady wrote: »
    Omega Bond
    IMG_2536.jpg

Nothing is certain yet. We don't know if Craig returns. But he certainly 'lives like James Bond' ;-)

So Craig has had the meeting with the Omega chief ?..this is from the last few days ?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Omega Bond
    IMG_2536.jpg

Nothing is certain yet. We don't know if Craig returns. But he certainly 'lives like James Bond' ;-)
    Did you take a look at the first page, @Gustav_Graves?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Michael France didn't do much regarding Bond other than writing the first draft. And while it was fun to read his rendition of GoldenEye, humour was nowhere to be found in the script. Feirstein does the humour thing better if you ask me. But, then again, people here have a strong despise for poor old Feirstein.

I think just after a while all of Feirstein's plots run together, with the same notes to them. His story for Blood Stone was even a lot of what we'd seen elsewhere.
    Well, to be honest, he was looking forward to continue the story and I heard a lot of what he wrote for what became the story arc of Blood Stone and the canned Raven Software-developed sequel was primarily the fault of none other than Activision. Had they invested more time and promoted Blood Stone in better condition, his story would've been hailed as one of the greatest ones out there. Even though the action setpieces were things we've seen before, mostly derived from Die Another Day (the ice river car chase), it's done in a manner that does not try to make homage to the ones that came before. Feirstein was the least of the problems with the titles he was involved in.

I like Feirstein, but once you've seen one plot of his, you've seen them all. He clearly likes focusing on industry conspiracy and the use of natural resources and biological weapons as tools for evil, but it's kind of become his wheelhouse beyond anything else. Blood Stone's script was all over the place in many respects, and if it was a film it'd failed. Thankfully, the gameplay that breaks up the story makes it a much stronger experience, as you at least get to be Bond, and that aspect focuses attention away from anything else that could detract.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Omega Bond
    IMG_2536.jpg

Glad you're back, Gustav. People are getting carried away again, I think!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Omega Bond
    IMG_2536.jpg

So Craig has had the meeting with the Omega chief ?..this is from the last few days ?

@barryt007, yes, the pictures of Dan next to another man in a suit is from an Omega event and dinner, where a toast was made to Dan for their continued involvement together and he as their ambassador.
    Omega Bond
    IMG_2536.jpg

Glad you're back, Gustav. People are getting carried away again, I think!

Yeah, it's us that's getting carried away. Definitely. 8-|
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Michael France didn't do much regarding Bond other than writing the first draft. And while it was fun to read his rendition of GoldenEye, humour was nowhere to be found in the script. Feirstein does the humour thing better if you ask me. But, then again, people here have a strong despise for poor old Feirstein.

I think just after a while all of Feirstein's plots run together, with the same notes to them. His story for Blood Stone was even a lot of what we'd seen elsewhere.
    Well, to be honest, he was looking forward to continue the story and I heard a lot of what he wrote for what became the story arc of Blood Stone and the canned Raven Software-developed sequel was primarily the fault of none other than Activision. Had they invested more time and promoted Blood Stone in better condition, his story would've been hailed as one of the greatest ones out there. Even though the action setpieces were things we've seen before, mostly derived from Die Another Day (the ice river car chase), it's done in a manner that does not try to make homage to the ones that came before. Feirstein was the least of the problems with the titles he was involved in.

I like Feirstein, but once you've seen one plot of his, you've seen them all. He clearly likes focusing on industry conspiracy and the use of natural resources and biological weapons as tools for evil, but it's kind of become his wheelhouse beyond anything else. Blood Stone's script was all over the place in many respects, and if it was a film it'd failed. Thankfully, the gameplay that breaks up the story makes it a much stronger experience, as you at least get to be Bond, and that aspect focuses attention away from anything else that could detract.
    That's actually true. Feirstein's plots and McGuffins do tend to be scientific-oriented (bio-weapons, chemicals, rockets, etc) held hostage or employed by rich and powerful industry people. Definitely the pattern he follows are an annular line where things eventually come to full circle. But, I do admit, that as repetitive and boring as it may sound to people overall, I kind of find excitement out of that. It may be the image of a spy parody copying the 1960s spy mania, which in fact is true, given a serious approach, I do come to find excitement out of the plot of the kind. Such a shame the other half of Blood Stone's story written never saw the light of the day.
    @ClarkDevlin, I'm going to ask you a question about this in the games thread, to avoid off-topic discussion.
    8793308a-ce0a-487e-8299-7e586a5c105d_zpsnn6wbs13.png[/URL]

He still looks interested,thanks @Germanlady !

• peterpeter Toronto
    Now that's more like it, looking very cool @GL. Give this man a script he can chomp on...!
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Would be great if they shot DC looking more like this in the films. Does make me wish for a straightforward full on Bond mission movie. Not gonna happen tho I don't think in his tenure
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Getafix wrote: »
    Would be great if they shot DC looking more like this in the films. Does make me wish for a straightforward full on Bond mission movie. Not gonna happen tho I don't think in his tenure

The problem I have with P&W and EON is that I wonder if they know and considering the fact that SP was not highly acclaimed and take a good hard look at the reason why. I would love a straightforward mission but i just find it hard that they would ignore any of the elements or plotline from the previous 4 films especially if Craig comes back.
    You can't with Craig. You have to finish the Spectre story
    fjdinardo wrote: »

SPECTRE should never be finished..there is no reason that Craig cant do a stand-alone film for BOND25 ,keep Blofeld on ice until BOND26....

He does look good. His haircut is looking Bondian there, too.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    fjdinardo wrote: »

SPECTRE should never be finished..there is no reason that Craig cant do a stand-alone film for BOND25 ,keep Blofeld on ice until BOND26....

It's a shame but he has to finish this bull shit story arc which kind of sucks then the next actor hopefully can start clean
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He looks great in these shots; the haircut is perfect, not too log and not too short. I've said it before but I often find that Craig looks better photographed outside of the recent Bonds, including much of SPECTRE.
    talos7 wrote: »
    He looks great in these shots; the haircut is perfect, not too log and not too short. I've said it before but I often find that Craig looks better photographed outside of the recent Bonds, including much of SPECTRE.
    talos7 wrote: »

Yeah he looks good in CR and qos and outside of bond but not so much the other two films
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    You know? So far, we have Craig always sporting a marines type of a haircut. What I always wanted though is to give him a formal-oriented classic businessman haircut, like this one. Of course, ignore the mustache.

WgdHeIx.jpg

Daniel-Craig-Rachel-Weisz.jpg

To me, this one looks more Bondian than the ones he's been sporting so far.
    Careful lads and lasses.....going waaaay off topic again..maybe carry this on in the Daniel Craig Appreciation thread eh ?
  • RC7RC7
    Careful lads and lasses.....going waaaay off topic again..maybe carry this on in the Daniel Craig Appreciation thread eh ?

He is still Bond, though. So I guess it's not too off topic.
    I suppose one could say we're speculating what he might look like in Bond 25, so it's not too off topic. However, if we were to focus solely on that mustache of his in that pic for several posts, I'd suggest we migrate over to the Craig Appreciation Thread.
    Bad 'tach. Great hair
    Agreed. I wish he sports that kind of haircut (especially the second one) in a Bond film if he were to be Bond himself.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 11,425
    He's too old to be sporting those ridiculous crew cuts. No man his age has a hair cut like that unless they're mentally deficient. Send him to a proper gentlemen's barbers. And get him a properly fitted suit while you're at it.

He easily has two more films in him but they need to show him off to his best and dress him properly. He did look better in SP I suppose but still a bit too much like an army recruit.
    Maybe it's just because I'm used to it, but I think the shorter hair suits him far more. It's a bit of a paradox, as the short length makes his ears more apparent (a problem I also bear with having big ears and preferring short hair), but I think it's more attractive on him that a slicked back longer length. His overall look in QoS, with the short hair slightly padded down, was perfect and I think the best he's looked period, and not just in Bond. The suits also helped.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You know? So far, we have Craig always sporting a marines type of a haircut. What I always wanted though is to give him a formal-oriented classic businessman haircut, like this one. Of course, ignore the mustache.

WgdHeIx.jpg

Daniel-Craig-Rachel-Weisz.jpg

To me, this one looks more Bondian than the ones he's been sporting so far.

I don't think the hairstyle suits Craig. He just looks off with it, kind of looks like Tony Goldwyn; but that black and white pic at the top of the page, to me it looks great and is complimentary to Craig's facial aesthetics. He looks Bond ready.
    I think his hair in skyfall is pretty awful too short and too blonde but I quite like his hair in CR not too short not too long and just the right color. SPECTRE is okay for hair. And I don't think long hair works for Craig he kind of looks too brosnan, long hair worked for brosnan though imagine him in goldeneye with a. Skyfall haircut
  • QOS has perhaps been Craig's best haircut as Bond. Probably the longest he's had it as Bond and I don't think they need to go much longer than that. Shortish suits him, like that cool B&W snapshot up top, but not marine short. I also agree that Craig tends to be better photographed outside of Bond than in. Not sure who that comes down to on-set, some combination of the director, the producers, and the stylist, but geez, they should be able to make the guy look great as Bond if somebody shooting a promo or taking snapshots can do it.
    Bond 25 needs to go back to basics. Normal assignment, Bond not going through too much of another character arc this time, make him more like the vulnerable and bloodied Bond of CR and LTK, and less of a superhero.

More importantly, bring some Fleming scenes back into it, like Cubby did with the 80's Bond films. We all know by now which scenes are still out there from the Fleming novels that are untapped and never been used. Its been discussed to death on here.

The good thing is, P&W are all for resurrecting the Fleming novels. The bad news is, they appear to get overruled by the powers that be. I hope this time it will be different.

Here's hoping the title of Bond 25 will be Shatterhand, with the Bond girl being Viv Michel who Bond rescues at a motel, with scenes and characters appearing from MR, DAF, TSWLM and YOLT. Then Bond 26 can be based on TMWTGG novel, with an opening showing a brainwashed Bond confronting M.

One can live in hope....