No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,512
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    I have to believe with how much BB loves DC, that the offer would be a 2 film deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he agrees to it too. Especially with older stars making action films.

No deals. Craig doesn't have a contract. He isn't tied in and neither are EON. It's a per film negotiation. First refusal as it's sometimes known.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Not true. You know nothing about what Babs may or may not be doing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

What are you talking about? Craig is no longervcontractually bound to the role. @RC7 is correct. It's a per film negotiation going forward.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hey they can make Bond Chinese then
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    talos7 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    The difference is, DC is a great actor and will rise to the quality of the script.
    Feels as if @mendes is sulking just a little.

Nah, Craig's staying will just give Turner time to mature a bit, insuring he gets the role for Bond 26 :D

Will Turner be getting plastic surgery in the interim?
    Hey a Chinese company can buy Bond as long as we get Bond 25
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    quote="fjdinardo;706051"]Hey a Chinese company can buy Bond as long as we get Bond 25[/quote]

But we don't know their intentions for bond and it could be bad or good they said they are in the advanced stage in talks
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,187
    Should we launch a counter bid? An mi6 go fund me?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe it's a new distributor?
    Should we launch a counter bid? An mi6 go fund me?

:-bd ;) =)) =P~
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Silly rumour of Craig quietly stepping down, and then holding the casting in secret... The film industry is all about press. The 007 brand is one of the biggest film franchises in the world. So...--

-- Yeah, they'll keep new casting in the dark, flush free publicity down the toilet, and piss off Craig's/Bond fans who will think they got the wool pulled over their eyes.

Real smart thinking...
  • RC7RC7

Yeah?
  • fjdinardo wrote: »

It might delay Bond 25. If the story is true, Gary Barber has bigger things on his mind than a distribution deal for Bond 25.

edited February 2017 Posts: 3,126
    fjdinardo wrote: »

It might delay Bond 25. If the story is true, Gary Barber has bigger things on his mind than a distribution deal for Bond 25.

This is pretty sad I guess we will have to wait till march to see what barber says
    RC7 wrote: »

Yeah?
    Glad you see it too?

• 007Blofeld wrote: »

This is pretty sad I guess we will have to wait till march to see what barber says

Hypothetical: If a deal gets announced before the investor call, Barber might not say much. That's not a prediction. I'm just raising it as a possibility.
    It would be pretty cool if Disney bought Bond cuz they would make a film for the fans unlike Barbra and Wilson who feel like they are tired of bond and are just going through the motions to roll out films unhappily.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Hypothetical: If a deal gets announced before the investor call, Barber might not say much. That's not a prediction. I'm just raising it as a possibility.

Pretty much wait till spring 2018 :-w :-< :| I hope not I hope he will just say we will distribute it or we signed a deal back in July with fox to produce more or say a year when they think it will release
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Elba, Turner, Fassbender, Norton, they will all never play James Bond

You reckon?

LOL at the constant denials that you know inside information whilst frantically intimating that you do.

I enjoy the speculative nature of this thread, it's been a fun ride. But you're posturing doesn't add much, if anything.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,980
    Don't think I'd appreciate a Chinese buyer. The censoring would be through the roof - not to mention China's (and Russia's) growing power is something for Britain to consider.

Eon already censors for China. They don't want to lose that market.
    It would be pretty cool if Disney bought Bond cuz they would make a film for the fans unlike Barbra and Wilson who feel like they are tired of bond and are just going through the motions to roll out films unhappily.

I for one would not want a Disney Bond. I don't need more soulless characters going through the motions.
    Agreed. No to Disney.
    Ok but are u guys satisfied with Barbra and micheals handling of the bond franchise or would You like to see someone else with more fresh ideas
    I'm happy with Eon's work. They haven't let me down.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

I must be missing something. Why is this bad news? Just curious.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Because we don't trust foreigners who are enemies of the state. ;)

:))
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Because we don't trust foreigners who are enemies of the state. ;)

:))

Yeah but how do we know they can be trusted I just don't see this playing out very well :-S
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'm happy with Eon's work. They haven't let me down.
    Agree! The train is on the tracks.
    QUANTUM-OF-SOLACE-Opera-2.jpg

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    How much say does the distributor have in who plays 007? Or is that entirely up to EON?
  • The Wall Street Journal reports MGM talks with Chinese called off.

Ironically both the Journal and the New York Post (which first reported the talks) are both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/capital-control-policy-puts-brakes-on-chinese-investment-in-hollywood-1487965450