No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    "I think most people on this thread are bright enough to separate fact from fiction."

Sometimes I damn well wonder.

I just want something conclusive to be announced from Dan and EON, then I can get my, "I told you sos" over with and all the random and nonsense speculation can finally be canned for a few more years.
    I'm afraid random speculation (I won't call it nonsense because that's a matter of perspective) will continue on this and other threads for as long as we have the forums and the internet. It's what keeps things interesting for me at least.

I'm quite happy to give you credit once the (still most likely) announcement of Craig's return is officially made, with added relief that you'll still retain all your vital organs.

I just don't take all this stuff so seriously. It's just a bit of fun.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Elba, Turner, Fassbender, Norton, they will all never play James Bond

You reckon?

If you're saying what I think you are then please let it be Elba [-O<

Not saying anything.

Exactly, ;)
  • At this point I'd rather have a new actor. On the whole I've really enjoyed the Craig era, particuarly his last two, but a fresh start sounds more exciting to me.

To put things into perspective, since DC took over, there have been three world cups, three olympics, four (soon to be five) different Doctor Who actors, two different Batman actors, etc (the acting examples are probably more relevant but I was just trying to point out how much time had passed). Even Bourne had a go with a new actor. Most of Bond's current blockbuster competition wasn't even around when DC took over (think about how many DC and Marvel films have come out since 2006).

My point is he's been Bond for a while. The public know him as Bond and enjoy him as Bond. So of course he's the safest pair of hands. But after the end of SP, I really don't think we need another Craig film. And I know he's only done four films but still, it's been ten years since CR. Might be time for some new blood imo.
    Elba, Turner, Fassbender, Norton, they will all never play James Bond

You reckon?

If you're saying what I think you are then please let it be Elba [-O<

Not saying anything.

Ah fair enough. Think I just jumped to conclusions because you're the only one of us who's heard anything from a reliable source.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2017 Posts: 28,694
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Brady you rebel ;)

@barryt007, I prefer bohemian. I'd settle for maverick, but only just.
    bondjames wrote: »
    "I think most people on this thread are bright enough to separate fact from fiction."

Sometimes I damn well wonder.

I just want something conclusive to be announced from Dan and EON, then I can get my, "I told you sos" over with and all the random and nonsense speculation can finally be canned for a few more years.
    I'm afraid random speculation (I won't call it nonsense because that's a matter of perspective) will continue on this and other threads for as long as we have the forums and the internet. It's what keeps things interesting for me at least.

I'm quite happy to give you credit once the (still most likely) announcement of Craig's return is officially made, with added relief that you'll still retain all your vital organs.

I just don't take all this stuff so seriously. It's just a bit of fun.

You're right of course, @bondjames. You've always been one of the sensible ones when it comes to this speculation thing, so my rants weren't aimed at you. But I'm sure you know this (you're one of those "bright" ones).

I'm a 20-something that feels like a senile, crotchety octogenarian, so at times I lose it a bit. I was born into this world of technology, so its development hasn't ever surprised me, but even still I react to the internet and some of its users the way my grandfather would've reacted to a smartphone and Siri. You first experience surprise, then slight confusion, then terror at the possibility of it all. Then you see how people use it, and you ask someone to hand you a bottle of the hard stuff. Not to drink, but to hit them over the head with it.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Sam Mendes was furious Léa Seydoux jetted between movies while making Spectre
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/sam-mendes-was-furious-lea-seydoux-jetted-between-movies-while-making-spectre-095223033.html

Now this is interesting. If they do continue on with Blofeld/Swann in Bond 25, surely Mendes wont be back if he's had a beef with both Waltz and Seydoux.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Wait, did some of us really think Elba had a crack at this? Ok, then I sit corrected. I won't post speculative bookie links any more. Brady is right.
    I'm a 20-something that feels like a senile, crotchety octogenarian, so at times I lose it a bit. I was born into this world of technology, so its development hasn't ever surprised me, but even still I react to the internet and some of its users the way my grandfather would've reacted to a smartphone and Siri. You first experience surprise, then slight confusion, then terror at the possibility of it all. Then you see how people use it, and you ask someone to hand you a bottle of the hard stuff. Not to drink, but to hit them over the head with it.
    Haha. I know the feeling. I've learnt to just roll with it. Sometimes what one reads online can be really amusing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wait, did some of us really think Elba had a crack at this? Ok, then I sit corrected. I won't post speculative bookie links any more. Brady is right.

Haha. Can I get that on a t-shirt?
    Haha. I know the feeling. I've learnt to just roll with it. Sometimes what one reads online can be really amusing.

Yes, it can be amusing, but only if those people can't reproduce. If they can't, I'm all for their existence.
    That joke never gets old. Eugenics. :))
    The overlord Aryans weren't all wrong.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @RC7 I respect the fact that you've most likely been sworn to secrecy, and I personally will not hound you for answers. But you are KILLING US! Your responses to others on this board makes people like me develop even more questions that I know cannot be asked. I just wish you were at liberty to explain whether or not DC is returning to the role, if you know the answer that is.
    @Donny it's really not that hard once you think about it.
  • RC7RC7
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    @RC7 I respect the fact that you've most likely been sworn to secrecy, and I personally will not hound you for answers. But you are KILLING US! Your responses to others on this board makes people like me develop even more questions that I know cannot be asked. I just wish you were at liberty to explain whether or not DC is returning to the role, if you know the answer that is.

I don't know if DC is returning or not.
    @Donny it's really not that hard once you think about it.

How you got Turner being cast out of that, I have no goddamn idea. My mind is physically and figuratively being boggled.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I've been reading that Norton is a very possible successor.
    How true that is remains to be seen.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @Mendes4Lyfe so what are you thinking?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Christ, the rising stupidity of this world is going to be the end of me. Can we exclude any links that report on bookie bets from this thread, and save our neurons the trouble of combusting? Cheers.
    Yes, please.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Is DC still under contract for another?

What's the odds on EON wanting him to commit to two more (may be 3)?

I reckon EON want another two out of Dan and if he doesn't commit they might go elsewhere.

This is based on nothing other than EON's tendency to stick with the Bond they have as far as possible. They know it's going to be tricky to follow this timeline and want to milk DC for as long as they can.

Also two more from Dan might appeal to another director rather than one odd one to finish his era off.

I would definitely prefer someone other than Mendes but pretty sure that's who DC wants.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 1,965
    Getafix wrote: »
    Is DC still under contract for another?

What's the odds on EON wanting him to commit to two more (may be 3)?

I reckon EON want another two out of Dan and if he doesn't commit they might go elsewhere.

This is based on nothing other than EON's tendency to stick with the Bond they have as far as possible. They know it's going to be tricky to follow this timeline and want to milk DC for as long as they can.

Also two more from Dan might appeal to another director rather than one odd one to finish his era off.

I would definitely prefer someone other than Mendes but pretty sure that's who DC wants.

TBH the most I personally see Dan doing is 2 more max. 25 & 26
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Daniel is likely doing more than one movie.
    2 more would be a dream, to match Sean, but I think one is more likely. Of course it depends on the script, and if the story is able to span two films, or only work for one. Schedules will also be crucial, with such planning.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    I have to believe with how much BB loves DC, that the offer would be a 2 film deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he agrees to it too. Especially with older stars making action films.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    If they do continue on with Blofeld/Swann in Bond 25, surely Mendes wont be back if he's had a beef with both Waltz and Seydoux.

It's safe to say both Craig and Broccoli would rather have Mendes back than continue on with Blofeld and Swann.
  • As long as Craig keeps making them a billion dollars per picture, they'll probably keep having him back.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I too would love someone other than Mendes to step in for a change. Not that I don't judge him as a competent Bond director, but let's just say a different style wouldn't hurt.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    A new style is overdue - imho. There can ve serious elements still and they somewhat are trademarks of Craig's portrayal of 007. But it should no longer be center staged and make room for escapism.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I too would love someone other than Mendes to step in for a change. Not that I don't judge him as a competent Bond director, but let's just say a different style wouldn't hurt.
    Agreed with this sentiment.
    vzok wrote: »
    Is this typical of this guy? I'm not hearing Bond here. Gladiator maybe.

Here 3 Tracks from his Score on "Person of Interest"

Thanks for posting those, a good listen.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ggl007 wrote: »

Very interesting indeed.

"Welcome to China, Mr.Bond. You now belong to us."
    Shrugs as long as bond 25 happens I am happy