No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited February 2017 Posts: 386
    I recognize the myriad industrial reasons that a new Bond project might be pushed back.

But, and I'm purely speculating here, there seems to be a lack of committed leadership at the top.

More speculation - there seems to be an over-reliance on the creative partners of the day, in this case the double act of Craig and Mendes.

To the point where those guys have too much input into franchise decisions. To the point where Craig decides when he's ready to come back.

He can tell the media how arduous it all is but you can't tell me an actor starring in an iconic blockbuster franchise should need to be convinced to return.

To round off my post of pure speculation, I agree with others that the whole boat seems listless. Spectre demonstrated to me that a reboot is needed, but who is prepared to make the hard decisions now that Cubby is gone?
    Craig will be Bond in Bond 25. Just your daily reminder
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    And if he isn't?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Rumor: I'll be replacing Naomie Harris as Moneypenny.
    Micheal G Wilson will be more likely to try & pull the plug on Craig before Barbara ever would.I think this was even the case with Brosnan. I recall Babs saying she cried when having to let Brosnan go.

Wilson even said back in 2012 the series always comes before the actor playing 007.

I have noticed there is so much Mendes hate after SP. Everyone was all for him coming back after SF.

The problem is Babs miscast Mendes for director on SP. About half of the film was not suited for Mendes. SP would have been a better film in the hands of a more action oriented director such as Campbell & I would even go as far as saying Nolan.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    jake24 wrote: »
    FYI, in about a months time we're likely to get a release date window for B25 (i.e. to be released "within the next two-three years") from Gary Barber.
    I hope so I would have to throw a party I would be so happy
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    "Currently being developed." I remember him saying this. So how could Barbara have no idea what's going on? BS.
    Yeah pretty much
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Praying you're right!

• DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Praying you're right!

Just hope it's sooner than 2052 for the 90th anniversary Bond film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nolan should never come anywhere near Bond. Ever. And neither should Mendes, who is the most uninspiring director in the entire film franchise. I'd rather have Marc Forster back than let Mendes put another soap opera in our hands.

And for the better, I think it would be better if the series is rebooted, but not with a rookie Bond, but a veteran 00-agent that is James Bond. Someone who knows his way around a lot of things, and brings some fun and escapism with him while at it. Dr. No started out that way, and this one should employ the same tricks.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    If only they could get Campbell back to finish what he started with Craig. Again, one can dream.

I'd prefer we get a new actor for 'Bond 25' so Campbell can do his third Bond introduction film in a row. That'd make me a very happy fan.

That would catapault Campbell from series hero to true legend if he introduced three Bonds in three bonafide classics.
    I defiantly think Michael has more of the cubby mentality while Babs has the Harry mentality
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think one way or another Campbell has earned the credibility to direct one more Bond. I would be happy either way, be it introducing a new actor of bookending Craig's era.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Campbell making his 3rd Bond actor debut would be fantastic. The only problem though, is that he definitely be too old for Bond #8 if EON makes a mess for Bond #7's final film. Which means it'll be the first debut outing not directed by Campbell in about 40 years. So I hope EON won't have forgotten how to make a badass 1st film for a new Bond without Campbell after all these years (decades at that point).

Praying you're right!

Just hope it's sooner than 2052 for the 90th anniversary Bond film.

=))
    Campbell making his 3rd Bond actor debut would be fantastic. The only problem though, is that he definitely be too old for Bond #8 if EON makes a mess for Bond #7's final film. Which means it'll be the first debut outing not directed by Campbell in about 40 years. So I hope EON won't have forgotten how to make a badass 1st film for a new Bond without Campbell after all these years (decades at that point).

I agree that if they want Campbell, now is the time. His age has been brought up previously; at this point he is fit, vital and more than up for the job.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @talos7 I agree, but I also meant that Bond #8 (around 2030/2032 if his predecessor makes a 4 films tenure) would be the first Bond to debut without the oversight of Campbell since Dalton in 1987. I just hope EON haven't relied entirely on Campbell for each of his debuts, and they still know what they are doing when he definitely won't be available for another one.
    Im kind of leaning now towards a new actor...I just feel Craig's popularity is starting to wane,and SP closes his story-arc for me.(Never thought I would hear myself say that,being such a strong Craig supporter).

But if he does come back then so be it,but bring back Campbell as well,im up for that..but it has to be soon,otherwise im not sure people would flock in droves as they did for CR,QOS and SF.
    Oh yes.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,087
    I just think it makes sense to hire Campbell back, who has a proven track record for quality, and pair him up with a lesser known actor, rather than spending a bunch of money to get Hardy or Fassbender on a multiple film contract. They have to find ways to save money, and Campbell is terrific value in that regard - just look what he did with GE. Heck, even CR is reasonably frugal compared to SPECTRE, considering they are both around 145 minutes. The argument that Campbell is too old to direct Bond is just an assumption. If he could produce CR in his early 60's, I don't see age being a problem. It's well documented that he's an absolute workhorse on set.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    1itvck.jpg
    Like I said, he needs to be photographed VERY carefully! :D
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Damian Lewis on Bond rumours:

“By the time they make a decision [on Bond] I’ll be dead. So no one need worry any more.”

The actor is reported to have gone on to say that he believes Craig will step into the Bond shoes one more time.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/761898/James-Bond-Damian-Lewis-Daniel-Craig-007
    Either way, he will never be Bond.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    No offense to Damian Lewis, but he looks 10 years older than Craig did in SP. If they do cast him as Bond (and it ain't happening), he'll look like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino by the film he reaches his 4th film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    No offense to Damian Lewis, but he looks 10 years older than Craig did in SP. If they do cast him as Bond (and it ain't happening), he'll look like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino by the film he reaches his 4th film.

This. He'll be pushing 50 by the time 'Bond 25' starts.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Yeah he is too old to even be considered. I could see him playing a role in a future Bond film though, just not as Bond, maybe as some kind of ally.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Mission: Impossible 6 = Mi6....
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Cool!! Production is said to begin sometime this Spring. So that means either March or April.