No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Roger that, @jake24. Happy to hear the orders.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You're welcome, gentlemen. It was overdue.
    Were gonna get something by summer 2017 or sooner
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,126
    Tuck91 wrote: »

@Tuck91 yeah what does Barbara's schedule look like after the play and do you think Greg will step in for Michael because of Michael's health.
    Barbara doesnt have anything listed for 2017 or 2018 after Film Stars Dont Die in Liverpool.

I think Gregg will have more involvement going into the future. They gave him a bit more in Spectre from what I understand.

I truly believe the next one will star Craig, its going to debut in 2019, & there gonna go for a classic entry to close out the Craig era. It has to be original & it cant rely solely on Spectre & Blofeld. They put themselves into a corner with Spectre & they need to find a clever way to branch out from it.

Spectre would be passable & maybe a good entry for the end of the Craig era. But they didnt go into making the film with the intention of it being Craigs last. It dosent feel like an ending more of a feeling of more to come.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Barbara doesnt have anything listed for 2017 or 2018 after Film Stars Dont Die in Liverpool.

I think Gregg will have more involvement going into the future. They gave him a bit more in Spectre from what I understand.

I truly believe the next one will star Craig, its going to debut in 2019, & there gonna go for a classic entry to close out the Craig era. It has to be original & it cant rely solely on Spectre & Blofeld. They put themselves into a corner with Spectre & they need to find a clever way to branch out from it.

Spectre would be passable & maybe a good entry for the end of the Craig era. But they didnt go into making the film with the intention of it being Craigs last. It dosent feel like an ending more of a feeling of more to come.

@Tuck91 I totally agree they have to somehow branch blofeld more and develop him and make something that is surprising that works and is logical because when waltz character goes to court they will reveal him to be Franz and then where does the whole blofeld thing go was Franz a number 2 and used blofelds name under the control of the real blofeld who is hidden somewhere that bond doesn't know about I mean thier must be more to this stuff.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    AceHole wrote: »
    For all this talk of finding a sixth 007 to take the series in a new direction or ‘revive it‘ (seems a non-issue to me, the Bond franchise is financially & popularly a strong as ever, in far better condition than when Brosnan had his last hurrah) I really don’t see replacing Craig as the main concern, although granted now would be a suitable point at which to do so seen as how SP ended.

The main problem is the current tired & worn creative team, led by Barbara Broccoli. I have said it before but I will repeat myself – Babs does not have the judgment or creative nous needed to further add quality to the series. Apart from insisting on DC in 2005 I fail to see where her input has truly added value to the series. She consistently makes poor calls on the creative side of things and does not hire writers with sufficient quality.

Babs should just run the BUSINESS side of things, which I’m certain she is very good at, and leave the creative decisions to others.

I respectfully disagree. She supported Craig's hiring, and adapting CR faithfully. She has a much harder job as a producer than Cubby did because she doesn't have as much source material, nor Maibaum, nor Barry.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Alright, we need to do some damage control here. I created this thread last year for a very simple purpose - to give our forum a simple medium for which to discuss Bond 25 news, to keep a tab on its production, and to speculate. However, as most Bond fans will note, it's been fairly quiet. We don't know the writers, we don't know the director, we don't know the studio, we don't even know the man playing Bond. We have virtually zero knowledge of the film's status other than perhaps some vague statements from the regulars, some questionable tabloid rumours, but nothing as concrete as the fact that there will be a "Bond 25" somewhere down the road. As a Bond fan, I completely understand why this is frustrating. But here's the thing. When there is no news to move us forward, nothing to drive us toward some discussion, things can get majorly off-topic. And this notion has plagued this thread from day one. First of all, I am not placing blame on a single contributor to this thread, but just look at the facts. Right now, we're on page 493 (at this point on the SPECTRE Production Timeline, filming was already underway in Austria), and the forum has contributed over 4,800 comments. The problem is that, at most, 40% of these comments involve "Bond 25". The rest vaguely suggest nothing to do with it. Look at the last 10 pages, for example. Very little regarding Bond 25, but rather a debate about whether or not Diamonds are Forever includes intelligent dialogue, some moaning about whether or not Barbara Broccoli can handle the weight of such a huge franchise, and Michael Kamen's Licence to Kill score. Like I said before, I'm not placing blame on anyone (and I wholeheartedly admit to contributing to the off-topic chatter). So, for those members on here who regularly contribute their thoughts on this thread, I ask you this - from here on out, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT ISN'T TO DO WITH BOND 25. PERIOD. It is incredibly irritating for members to have to read hundreds of new posts, only to determine that none of them have anything to do with Bond 25's production but instead have to do with a mix seperate ideas entirely and complaints about lack of news. It is all this flooding of unrelated banter that has contributed to the poor reputation the Bond 25 Production Diary has on this place, and completely overshadows its sole intention. Please, save it for the chat thread.

The most important thing we need to note is that patience is a virtue. Let's sit back, relax, and let's not feel the need to bump the thread to start a completely unrelated debate or to moan about the lack of progress. In other words, strip back to the basics. News and speculation...news and speculation (say it, memorize it.) I hope that with stricter guidelines this thread can return to the sole purpose of which it was created before it runs itself into the ground.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this.

Well said @jake24 ...i have been crying out in my mind for the thread creator to stamp down on the gossip...!!!

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Thanks @jake24. ...kinda became therapeutic time killer waiting for news.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    So this means, no further posting on this thread until news arrive.
    Will be interesting to see if that works...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,544
    @jake24: very well spoken, sir. The mods have been asking - ad nauseam - to stay on topic in all threads. Looking at this close to 500 pages thread, the relevant posts are lost in excessive gibberish. Instead of finding an interesting post when we return to this thread in several years from now on, we're going to have to labour hard to find anything interesting. But hey, each time we complain or close duplicate threads, we receive angry messages... Dirty fascists we are. Here's proof of what you get when no damage control is exercised.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 2,483
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @jake24: very well spoken, sir. The mods have been asking - ad nauseam - to stay on topic in all threads. Looking at this close to 500 pages thread, the relevant posts are lost in excessive gibberish. Instead of finding an interesting post when we return to this thread in several years from now on, we're going to have to labour hard to find anything interesting. But hey, each time we complain or close duplicate threads, we receive angry messages... Dirty fascists we are. Here's proof of what you get when no damage control is exercised.

Hear hear, DD. If this thread was limited to its actual purpose it would be comprised of 49 posts rather than 493 pages.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thank you @barryt007, @mcdonbb, @DarthDimi.

@BondJasonBond006 It means that people can post whatever and whenever they want, so long as it stays completely on topic with the discussion.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    peter wrote: »
    @murdock, finally some clear-headed sense. Getting frustrated and throwing all bombs at Babs is pretty irrational.

And sexist. MGW doesn't get half the blame she does, and from what I can tell, he was just as involved from GE through SP.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As @RC7 had mentioned, she's a helluva producer. The film world has shrunk and she's competing with men in tights, re-boots, other spy franchises, while keeping a legacy alive. I haven't understood the vitriol, @echo. Perhaps you're right, a little bit of sexism mixed in, I don't know... My questions from yesterday weren't really answered.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I don't know if sexiest or not but I believe BB especially since MGW's health issues has taken more of a prominent role. I obviously don't know that for sure. The junior Wilson Gregg also seems to be growing into the franchise as well.

It's a family business after all.

But my point is I think that's why BB tends to becoming a greater target for unrest.

My second point is that EoN is preparing for the future ...no intent I believe of Bond going the way of Buckaroo Bonzi
    It has nothing to with sexism.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't know if sexiest or not but I believe BB especially since MGW's health issues has taken more of a prominent role. I obviously don't know that for sure.

Even before MGW's health issues, BB was definitely the sexiest of the two. I know that for sure.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I hope Gregg will become the sole producer soon enough, let's just leave it at that. Maybe Bond 25 could be the transition, the passing of the torch moment, as it were.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes, I think Gregg Wilson's background, outside of learning about the family biz, is in tech and video games. What makes you think he would be a suitable film producer? I'm just wondering.

Producing films is an enormous undertaking, and what do you see in him that makes him a qualified candidate?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't know if sexiest or not but I believe BB especially since MGW's health issues has taken more of a prominent role. I obviously don't know that for sure.

Even before MGW's health issues, BB was definitely the sexiest of the two. I know that for sure.

Lol I'll go with that. Typo meant sexism.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Now it's sexist to criticise BB? Just when I though I have heard everything...

Bond is dying a slow death here...
    @Mendes, I think Gregg Wilson's background, outside of learning about the family biz, is in tech and video games. What makes you think he would be a suitable film producer? I'm just wondering.

Producing films is an enormous undertaking, and what do you see in him that makes him a qualified candidate?

He's already working in the production of the films particularly SP. Besides producers can come from just about any background historically. Chubby himself I think started life in the funeral business.

• peterpeter Toronto

He's already working in the production of the films particularly SP. Besides producers can come from just about any background historically. Chubby himself I think started life in the funeral business.

@Mcdonbb, my point is what has Gregg said (to @Mendes personally (yes, sarc), or in public), that would suggest he's a suitable candidate for sole producing role??
  • mcdonbb wrote: »

Lol I'll go with that. Typo meant sexism.

Haha, I know, just having a laugh. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Some people will always bring sexism or racism being cried for to discussion... (:|

Anyways, back on topic. Basically, we are going to have to wait till (if my intuitions are right) mid-2017 precisely when news make their way to the illumination of our minds is when we will resume posting in this thread.

I can live with that. And for the better.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Can you lot give the author of this thread some respect n take your arguements elsewhere..he said this is for BOND 25 only ...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Nobody said it was sexist to criticize her. Some people mentioned how it's sexist she gets all the heat when Michael doesn't get any share of the blame or any negative comment directed towards him.

As for Bond 25, I'm looking forward to it.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Murdock wrote: »

Nobody said it was sexist to criticize her. Some people mentioned how it's sexist she gets all the heat when Michael doesn't get any share of the blame or any negative comment directed towards him.

As for Bond 25, I'm looking forward to it.

How is that sexist in any way, shape, or form? So if BB was a man it wouldn't be? Sorry but that's just plain silly. Whoever made that comment just turned it into a gender war for no reason.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Also in response to the thread getting on track, I don't see why it really matters anyway. We are discussing the future of Bond. Why must it be so strict? This thread is fun. We are occupying the time. It would be quite authoritarian to be strictly forced into a direction to talk. Sure some of the discussion is stupid but there's no problem with it. Unless you're upset when 50 new posts doesn't mean news.