No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @ToTheRight

I just had my best viewing of TLD/LTK ever I must say. The wonderfully beautiful High Definition on a 4K TV surely helped, but even without that, those movies are just a pleasure to watch.

While Kamen's score must be my least favourite in the series (not counting DN) and not even regarding Newman's bloody "efforts" as Bond scores, Kamen still did some great stuff for LTK, so it's a mixed bag and not a total disaster.
    @BondJasonBond006
    Indeed. At the time, I felt the score was LTK's weakest element, but now it doesn't bother me. It's not even really that dated. It's no Barry OHMSS score by any stretch, but a cut above Newman's copy/paste from the Arnold catalog style.
    That reminds me, I need to get TLD on Blu-Ray now. I just have the 2006 UE DVD.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    They purchased the SPECTRE, Blofelwd and Thunderball rights from The McClory Estate in 2013. Here's to them purchasing MGM's share of the Bond rights sometime soon so they could produce them on their own.

I wish they could/would. I've said it before but Bond being shackled to a chronically near dead studio scares me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How can people not like Kamen's score? It's awesome! It's like the George Martin of the 80's. \m/
    Murdock wrote: »
    How can people not like Kamen's score? It's awesome! It's like the George Martin of the 80's. \m/

I like it. Don't shoot me but I liked it better than Barry's last effort TLD.
  • RC7RC7
    BB still seems to be the Holy Grail for some. Well we'll see in another 4 years...

Not the holy grail, but she's an exceptional producer.

The thing is as with the films, there is no "bad" score. None. Except for that crap that Newman has dished us up. One good track per score just doesn't cut it.

As I said I would only rank DN lower than LTK score wise. Still I love some of Kamen's work, namely the track Licence Revoked is in my VIM (very important music) list as is James & Felix On Their Way To The Church.
    I don't know. I liked Newman's "meal" for SP even if he did sneak in some leftovers.

Everyone has an opinion ...as long as it's Bond I'm pretty much happy :D
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I actually agree here. I prefer LTK's score over TLD.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
    SACRILEGE!!!!!

Thanks. Not taking anything away from Barry. He was a master but LTK's score just seemed fresher at the time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I disliked LTK's score immensely when I first heard it many years back. Now I like it a lot because it's very unique and is a wonderful blend of Kamen's distinctive Lethal Weapon/Die Hard style with Bondian finesse. He's no Barry, but it's a fine effort.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
    SACRILEGE!!!!!
    I enjoy Barry's score for TLD at times but it's not his best effort. And with mcdonbb, Kamen's score was fresher and more suited to Dalton's harder edge style.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Conti's FYEO score is my least favorite of the franchise, without question. Never has a score interfered with my enjoyment of a film more so than his has.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »
    Conti's FYEO score is my least favorite of the franchise, without question. Never has a score interfered with my enjoyment of a film more so than his has.

I love it!! :D

Guilty pleasure maybe. ;)

Yea I have to agree. Extremely dated in my opinion but I remember listening to that soundtrack over and over.

But like I said everyone has an opinion.

Btw you do know Dalton's not dead, right? :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I respect that. Nostalgia is also an important factor to someone's enjoyment. If FYEO was the first Bond you were exposed to, I can definitely understand it.

I respect that. Nostalgia is also an important factor to someone's enjoyment. If FYEO was the first Bond you were exposed to, I can definitely understand it.

I wish I could actual remember the first Bond I saw.

I think YOLT on a Sunday night. Not sure.

TSWLM was the first Bond I saw in the cinema.

FYEO I watched only last Monday.
    I must admit, as much as I love this film, its score is the weak point and it is actually in my bottom five of the score ranking:

20 FYEO
    21 LTK
    22 DN
    23 SP
    24 SF

I must admit, as much as I love this film, its score is the weak point and it is actually in my bottom five of the score ranking:

20 FYEO
    21 LTK
    22 DN
    23 SP
    24 SF

What's your favorite? I don't know if I have a favorite but Barry is my overall favorite composer.

20 FYEO
    21 LTK
    22 DN
    23 SP
    24 SF

What's your favorite? I don't know if I have a favorite but Barry is my overall favorite composer.

My No 1 seems clear: TLD Barry

the next nine in no particular order as it is almost impossible to rank them:
    TB + OHMSS + DAF + OP + AVTAK Barry
    LALD Martin
    GE Sierra
    TND + QOS Arnold
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Sir Roger is never wrong. EON better listen to him.
    Meh, I want more Daniel over Turner.

20 FYEO
    21 LTK
    22 DN
    23 SP
    24 SF

My No 1 seems clear: TLD Barry

the next nine in no particular order as it is almost impossible to rank them:
    TB + OHMSS + DAF + OP + AVTAK Barry
    LALD Martin
    GE Sierra
    TND + QOS Arnold

I'll go with that except TLD. I like TLD it's just not my favourite.

I might add MR as one of my favorites too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Meh, I want more Daniel over Turner.

That's another "BINGO!"

I think what might be strange is having to wait until 2019 for Craigs finale. Then most likely wait another four years or longer for the new actors film debut.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think what might be strange is having to wait until 2019 for Craigs finale. Then most likely wait another four years or longer for the new actors film debut.

Which would mean 8 years after SPECTRE before we get a new Bond....and only one film in between.
    Alright, we need to do some damage control here. I created this thread last year for a very simple purpose - to give our forum a simple medium for which to discuss Bond 25 news, to keep a tab on its production, and to speculate. However, as most Bond fans will note, it's been fairly quiet. We don't know the writers, we don't know the director, we don't know the studio, we don't even know the man playing Bond. We have virtually zero knowledge of the film's status other than perhaps some vague statements from the regulars, some questionable tabloid rumours, but nothing as concrete as the fact that there will be a "Bond 25" somewhere down the road. As a Bond fan, I completely understand why this is frustrating. But here's the thing. When there is no news to move us forward, nothing to drive us toward some discussion, things can get majorly off-topic. And this notion has plagued this thread from day one. First of all, I am not placing blame on a single contributor to this thread, but just look at the facts. Right now, we're on page 493 (at this point on the SPECTRE Production Timeline, filming was already underway in Austria), and the forum has contributed over 4,800 comments. The problem is that, at most, 40% of these comments involve "Bond 25". The rest vaguely suggest nothing to do with it. Look at the last 10 pages, for example. Very little regarding Bond 25, but rather a debate about whether or not Diamonds are Forever includes intelligent dialogue, some moaning about whether or not Barbara Broccoli can handle the weight of such a huge franchise, and Michael Kamen's Licence to Kill score. Like I said before, I'm not placing blame on anyone (and I wholeheartedly admit to contributing to the off-topic chatter). So, for those members on here who regularly contribute their thoughts on this thread, I ask you this - from here on out, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT ISN'T TO DO WITH BOND 25. PERIOD. It is incredibly irritating for members to have to read hundreds of new posts, only to determine that none of them have anything to do with Bond 25's production but instead have to do with a mix seperate ideas entirely and complaints about lack of news. It is all this flooding of unrelated banter that has contributed to the poor reputation the Bond 25 Production Diary has on this place, and completely overshadows its sole intention. Please, save it for the chat thread.

The most important thing we need to note is that patience is a virtue. Let's sit back, relax, and let's not feel the need to bump the thread to start a completely unrelated debate or to moan about the lack of progress. In other words, strip back to the basics. News and speculation...news and speculation (say it, memorize it.) I hope that with stricter guidelines this thread can return to the sole purpose of which it was created before it runs itself into the ground.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,675
    And thank you for issuing this message! It was quite badly needed.