No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »
    For what it's worth;

Craig remains Eon's top choice as 007, veteran crew member tells BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37516060

I not sure this guy should be trusted.

@Mendes: why should he not be trusted??? He's an executive producer of the past five Bond films.

Sorry to break your heart, son, but I think he has little more weight than a Turner fan-boy.

Exactly, he's to close to the source. Feels almost like some sort of stunt to quiet the rumours. EON are sneaky like that.

@Mendes, that doesn't make sense. What this quote establishes is that the ball is in DC's court. It's pretty cut and dry: DC says he wants in, and he's in. DC wants out, he will have the power to walk.

BB and MGW are awaiting his reply. If anything this was a very public appeal from the top brass to DC himself: they want him; does he want them?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    For what it's worth;

@Mendes: why should he not be trusted??? He's an executive producer of the past five Bond films.

Sorry to break your heart, son, but I think he has little more weight than a Turner fan-boy.

Exactly, he's to close to the source. Feels almost like some sort of stunt to quiet the rumours. EON are sneaky like that.

@Mendes, that doesn't make sense. What this quote establishes is that the ball is in DC's court. It's pretty cut and dry: DC says he wants in, and he's in. DC wants out, he will have the power to walk.

BB and MGW are awaiting his reply. If anything this was a very public appeal from the top brass to DC himself: they want him; does he want them?

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Let's put it this way: if Danny was still Bond don't you think we would've heard something about it by now?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes, he still is Bond. Whether he wants to play the role for a fifth time is his decision to make. That's what the executive producer was saying in his radio interview.

Take a deep breath. Look up at the Aidan Turner poster you've pinned to your ceiling wall, and have a good long chat with him.

Maybe Turner will be the next Bond, I don't know.

But it sounds like none of us will know until DC makes his decision.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Some of us remember the Moore tenure.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Was it painful?

Congratulations.
    Was it painful?

The Brosnan tenure was.

Congratulations.

Congratulations on being born in the meantime.
    Was it painful?

The Brosnan tenure was.
    Well, there have been compensations... Like watching Brosnan flail around once fired out of the tux as they granted him life day by day, just to see if he'd get wise... I can assume for you, it's been fun.

;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

'Too close to the source'? That's moronic even by your low standards. So if Babs came out and and said 'Dan is still Bond' you'd believe that even less as she's even closer to the source?

He wouldn't have made these comments if he hadn't run it by Babs and MGW first as its more than his job's worth gobbing off about who the next Bond might be.

But keep on drinking your Turner Kool Aid.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We are the Broz. Lower your expectations and surrender your opinions. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us in our love of Pierce Brosnan. Resistance is futile.
    Murdock wrote: »
    We are the Broz. Lower your expectations and surrender your opinions. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us in our love of Pierce Brosnan. Resistance is futile.
    Cry Freedom! :D
    Or just cry.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 8,159
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

'Too close to the source'? That's moronic even by your low standards. So if Babs came out and and said 'Dan is still Bond' you'd believe that even less as she's even closer to the source?

He wouldn't have made these comments if he hadn't run it by Babs and MGW first as its more than his job's worth gobbing off about who the next Bond might be.

Of course I wouldn't believe something just because Babs said it. She's a film producer, not my Aunt. Jesus... 8-|
    Or just cry.
    67eb52898dda15eb7dc1ca1cc910db4f.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

Of course I wouldn't believe something just because Babs said it. She's a film producer, not my Aunt. Jesus... 8-|

If Turner said to the press right now that he believes he might be the next James Bond, would you believe him?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

Your Aunt Jesus?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

If Turner said to the press right now that he believes he might be the next James Bond, would you believe him?

Yes, and as with Idris Elba and Ewan Stewart it is a global demand more than a reasonable outcome.
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

Personally, yes. But I wouldn't expect others to until the contract is signed.
    For what it's worth;

Yeah ok mate.

Course he would. Turner is the second coming.
    Mendes would set himself on fire if Turner told him to (actually I wonder how much it would cost to pay Turner to tell Mendes to do exactly that? Money well spent to be sure).

In addition if Turner said it must be true because he is further away from the source than people who actually work for EON.
    And as we all know, film producers never lie. Especially if they're pretty.

So you'd believe Turner simply because you want him to play Bond? I have no issue with your passion for him, but where's the logic in that? You don't believe someone that has worked on the last several Bond movies, but you would believe Turner just because you like him?

I like Brosnan, but if he told me the world was going to end tomorrow, I wouldn't start building a fallout shelter.
    Hm. Creasy. Brosnan may be ignorant, but this time he got it right.

So you'd believe Turner simply because you want him to play Bond? I have no issue with your passion for him, but where's the logic in that? You don't believe someone that has worked on the last several Bond movies, but you would believe Turner just because you like him?

I like Brosnan, but if he told me the world was going to end tomorrow, I wouldn't start building a fallout shelter.

I wouldn't believe him, I would trust him. totally different.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 8,159

Hm. Creasy. Brosnan may be ignorant, but this time he got it right.
    Don't be silly, tomorrow never dies. B-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Having watched Eye in the Sky again, how about Gavin Hood as director?
    Since the month is over, here's a roundup of "news" from the past 30 days.

September 2016
    -In the latest set of tabloid nonsense, The Sun creates a falsified MGM "shortlist" of Bond #7s, notably Tom Hiddleston, Michael Fassbender, Charlie Hunnam, Jamie Bell, and famed Bond candidate Idris Elba, who, at this stage, is too old to take the reigns from Craig. Other stories put British actors Tom Hughes (30) and James Norton (31) into the ring
    -The rumour of Daniel Craig being offered millions to return resurfaces after gossip site Radar Online, who supposedly have a proven track record, reports that Craig has been offered $150 million to film two more consecutive Bond films back to back
    -The site also claims that Sony Pictures have re-secured distribution rights and are to be announcing it 'soon'
    -In an interview from Zeit-Magazin, Christoph Waltz says that he was dissatisfied with his performance in Spectre and comments that his chemistry with Sam Mendes wasn't all that he had hoped. In addition, he also states that there are no plans for him to return as of yet, but implies that he would do a better job if given the opportunity
    -Daniel Craig will talk with Nicholas Schmidle at the New Yorker Festival on October 7th in an event tentatively called "Beyond Bond," which will have him face the inevitable questions regarding his uncertain future with the franchise
    -Léa Seydoux announces that she is expecting her first child, and likely won't work for months following the birth
    -Former composer David Arnold expresses his interest in scoring another Bond film if asked back
    -Ralph Fiennes weighs in on Bond 25, saying that he expects it to be a tonal shift from Mendes' films following his departure, but reaffirms the fact that he knows nothing about the forthcoming Bond film
    -Susanne Bier once again shoots down rumours that she has been approached to direct Bond 25, while rumours of Guy Ritchie's involvement resurface
    -Bond veteran Callum McDougall tells BBC that Craig is "absolutely, without question" EON Productions' first choice, possibly implying that he still hasn't made the decision that has been up in the air for nearly a year

Sorry, but what's the difference? You would trust his word, but you wouldn't believe that he's correct? Do those not go hand-in-hand?

Sorry, but what's the difference? You would trust his word, but you wouldn't believe that he's correct? Do those not go hand-in-hand?

Consider the follow:

"Do you trust me?"

"Do you believe me?"

See the subtle distinction in meaning?

Consider the follow:

"Do you trust me?"

"Do you believe me?"

See the subtle distinction in meaning?

If you trust him not to be telling you porkies it follows that therefore you believe him.

But honestly I don't why we even continue to induldge you any more rather than just ignoring you.

How about you just set up your own Turner shrine in another thread so the rest of us are spared your teenage girl crush?