No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2016 Posts: 8,115
    We needn't pray for the return of actors long past their prime when their spiritual successor is right there, 33 years of age.
  • RC7RC7
    We needn't pray for the return of actors long past their prime when their spiritual successor is right there, 33 years of age.

Jonah Hill.
    RC7 wrote: »

Jonah Hill.

~X(
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Jonah Hill.
    Good luck finding a tux that changes sizes every 5 minutes.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

Jonah Hill.
    Good luck finding a tux that changes sizes every 5 minutes.

That's one of the new gadgets.

Cavill? If that guy on Supergirl actually turns out to be good, poor Henry could be out of a job and available to step into 007's sea island shirt.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,588
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Cavill? If that guy on Supergirl actually turns out to be good, poor Henry could be out of a job and available to step into 007's sea island shirt.
    I believe he's referring to Aidan Turner, his lover.
    Joking of course, as I haven't seen him in anything I can't pass any judgment, but he's certainly got the looks.
    What is the film Turner was in that those black tie photos of him are from?
  • RC7RC7

It's a TV show. He's not graduated to lead in a film yet.
    In those pics Turner looks like a great Bond for a period piece cold war film. If for some reason Eon decided to put 007 back into his original cold war era, then I could see him maybe fitting (even though I have YET to see Aidan in anything).

It's a TV show. He's not graduated to lead in a film yet.

Pfffffft.
    In those pics Turner looks like a great Bond for a period piece cold war film. If for some reason Eon decided to put 007 back into his original cold war era, then I could see him maybe fitting (even though I have YET to see Aidan in anything).

Here's some behind the scenes with Aid's himself:

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Interesting interview with Marc Forster discussing QoS and the writer's strike. He also seems to acknowledge that while the film was received pretty well upon release, it's been liked even more over the last eight years:

http://collider.com/marc-forster-quantum-of-solace/#poster

Very nice interview. I hate to see people hate on Quantum knowing the amount of pressure that was on Foster and Craig. And what was made of that was an amazing film.

delete.

I caught it. I think I 'll have to find this "And Then There Were None". I can see why you like him for Bond. In that interview he definitely had a suave charm. He has a bit of a young (untanned) George Hamilton in him. The haircut he's wearing there is pretty much exactly how I pictured Fleming's Bond's do. Aidan still looks a tad young for Bond, IMO, but by the time a film with a new Bond actually gets rolling he may age appropriately.

delete.

I caught it. I think I 'll have to find this "And Then There Were None". I can see why you like him for Bond. In that interview he definitely had a suave charm. He has a bit of a young (untanned) George Hamilton in him. The haircut he's wearing there is pretty much exactly how I pictured Fleming's Bond's do. Aidan still looks a tad young for Bond, IMO, but by the time a film with a new Bond actually gets rolling he may age appropriately.

Precisely! :D
    Here's an interesting article about the current state of Bond, one year post SP.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/james-bond/44049/spectre-one-year-on-wheres-it-left-the-james-bond-series
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I need to see 'And Then There Were None' still. I've yet to see Turner in anything so I can't judge his acting abilities, and the miniseries has a great premise (love a good murder mystery), but I suppose you have Agatha Christie to thank for that. If I ever get the chance, I'll watch it.
    Based on that interview, the way he looks in that suit and haircut, and without having actually seen him act, I think I'd chose Aidan Turner over Henry Cavill in a second. Especially if the next Bond was going to be a more suave matinee idol Bond.
    If Craig were to stay for say, one or two more outings, which could actually put Turner pushing the 42, 43 age bracket by the time filming gets underway with him in the role- he'd probably still look great by then. I'd say he's one to keep an eye on.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Here's an interesting article about the current state of Bond, one year post SP.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/james-bond/44049/spectre-one-year-on-wheres-it-left-the-james-bond-series

That's a great little article.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Here's an interesting article wabout the current state of Bond, one year post SP.

Yes just read that. Hope Logan is not linked to anything Bond. Linked to an anvil maybe but please not Bond.
    Based on that interview, the way he looks in that suit and haircut, and without having actually seen him act, I think I'd chose Aidan Turner over Henry Cavill in a second. Especially if the next Bond was going to be a more suave matinee idol Bond.
    If Craig were to stay for say, one or two more outings, which could actually put Turner pushing the 42, 43 age bracket by the time filming gets underway with him in the role- he'd probably still look great by then. I'd say he's one to keep an eye on.

Yeah, I just feel he is perfectly positioned at the moment. A lot of people seem to be looking for the perfect Daniel Craig version 2, whereas I think Turner has more of a Connery Dr No look about him. In terms of presence, I think Turner can pull off the Dalton intensity, but mix in some of the charm and warmth of his Irish compatriot.
  • RC7RC7

Yeah, I just feel he is perfectly positioned at the moment. A lot of people seem to be looking for the perfect Daniel Craig version 2, whereas I think Turner has more of a Connery Dr No look about him. In terms of presence, I think Turner can pull off the Dalton intensity, but mix in some of the charm and warmth of his Irish compatriot.

The problem is, Connery by comparison, at the same age, looks like his Dad. Honestly, I think in about 7-8 years Turner might be more appropriate. He's still too impish looking and fresh faced (a little like Broz in 86/7). Surely the next incarnation has to be a man of the world, where Turner gives off the 'rookie' vibe. Imagine him going toe to toe with Fiennes, or Bardem. I really don't see it right at this moment.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Turner is slightly reminiscent of Dalton. A Dalton with all manliness removed.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I would still take Turner over Jamie Bell any day :P

The problem is, Connery by comparison, at the same age, looks like his Dad. Honestly, I think in about 7-8 years Turner might be more appropriate. He's still too impish looking and fresh faced (a little like Broz in 86/7). Surely the next incarnation has to be a man of the world, where Turner gives off the 'rookie' vibe. Imagine him going toe to toe with Fiennes, or Bardem. I really don't see it right at this moment.

Ok, but I think the next Bond film will start rolling roughly 2.3 years from now, so Turner will look slightly more mature by then. Secondly, even if he does look slightly too young for one film, it won't be a problem forever. He'll soon age into the role. To be honest, with the 3 to 4 year gaps between films nowadays it's probably a good idea to hire someone slightly younger.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think every suggested actor has been compared to Dalton.
    I think every suggested actor has been compared to Dalton.

No, they haven t.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    For what it's worth;

Craig remains Eon's top choice as 007, veteran crew member tells BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37516060

I not sure this guy should be trusted.

@Mendes: why should he not be trusted??? He's an executive producer of the past five Bond films.

Sorry to break your heart, son, but I think he has little more weight than a Turner fan-boy.
    Turner won t be Bond, but I am sure he will keep working. You can watch him in other films and tv shows and youtube clips.No need to cry.
    peter wrote: »
    For what it's worth;

Craig remains Eon's top choice as 007, veteran crew member tells BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37516060

I not sure this guy should be trusted.

@Mendes: why should he not be trusted??? He's an executive producer of the past five Bond films.

Sorry to break your heart, son, but I think he has little more weight than a Turner fan-boy.

Exactly, he's to close to the source. Feels almost like some sort of stunt to quiet the rumours. EON are sneaky like that.