No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

My prediction. Based on nothing. I just want to see how accurate my guesses are

1. Film released summer 2019 so as not to clash with Star Wars
    2. Daniel Craig as bond
    3. David Arnold as composer
    4. Nolan to direct
    5. Madeleine dies in pre credits
    6. Waltz back as blofeld
    talos7 wrote: »
    As is rumored "The film is believed to be planned to be based off elements of You Only Live Twice" I must confess that I am catching up on my literary Bond. How would the elements found in YOLT work with what has ben established in the Craig era, particularly SPECTRE?

In the Dec. 1, 2014 draft of SPECTRE, Bond's final line to Madeleine is, "We have all the time in the world."

If this information is accurate, Madeleine gets bumped off, Bond goes off the deep end (again, in the sense of the films) and he eventually goes after Blofeld, a la the You Only Live Twice novel. In terms of the movies, this would be the second time since 2012.

Glad someone mentioned this. Remember the Spectre trailer? Two things really came to mind: The "slight" OHMSS tweak to the theme and the end shot (and indeed the poster!) of the bullet hole through the glass - which to me always looked like the last shot of dead Tracy in OHMSS through the windowscreen. So I wonder if there was indeed a plan to do a direct sequel to Spectre but have Madeleine share the same fate as Tracy. Hmmm. Very interesting. I do hope they explore this in the next movie and we do indeed see a YOLT adaptation, maybe with a vengeful Bond going after Spectre like the way Bond behaved in LTK.

Matt007 wrote: »

2. Daniel Craig as bond
    4. Nolan to direct
    6. Waltz back as blofeld

1. Film released summer 2019 so as not to clash with Star Wars - I think 2018 is a possibility.
    2. Daniel Craig as bond - 100% agree
    3. David Arnold as composer - Would love this but we'll see
    4. Nolan to direct - Would also love this (fingers and toes crossed!)
    5. Madeleine dies in pre credits - yes. Leading into a You Only Live Twice adaptation!
    6. Waltz back as blofeld - yes. Most definately.
    But do we really need another 'Bond out for revenge' angle ?

I must admit I miss the days where each Bond film was a different story and each one was an actual mission.
    It doesn't seem to be the 'in thing' at the moment.
    Ok, what I'd want

1. Released late 2018
    2. Daniel Craig a Bond
    3. Joe Kraemer as composer
    4. Denis Villeneuve to write and direct
    5. Madeleine death in PTS
    6. Intelligent adaptation of YOLT which has some well thought out surprises in it.
    SonofSean wrote: »

2. Daniel Craig as bond
    4. Nolan to direct
    6. Waltz back as blofeld

1. Film released summer 2019 so as not to clash with Star Wars - I think 2018 is a possibility.
    5. Madeleine dies in pre credits - yes. Leading into a You Only Live Twice adaptation!

Star Wars 8 is December 2017 not 18.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    SonofSean wrote: »

2. Daniel Craig as bond
    4. Nolan to direct
    6. Waltz back as blofeld

Star Wars 8 is December 2017 not 18.

There will be a Star Wars spin off though in 18 - the Han Solo prequel?
    If Nolan directs won't it be Zimmer doing the score?
    I don't think it would be a bad thing if Zimmer did the score,personally..i like him.
    Zimmerman better do the score if Nolan directs
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Star Wars has plans for a movie coming out every year, so there's no point in trying to avoid it (like Marvel releases). They would be more wise to avoid coming out right after an MI movie.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,119
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be a bad thing if Zimmer did the score,personally..i like him.

Some of my wishes:

--> Modern adaptation of "Trigger Mortis" / "Murder On Wheels"
    --> Predominantly set in the USA (Texas racing track, also Seattle)
    --> Opening set in United Arab Emirates (also racing track)
    --> Daniel Pemberton composes the score ("The Man From UNCLE")
    --> And yeah baby, Christopher Nolan directs this as a huge send-off for Craig
    --> Movie should premiere in November 2019
    --> Madeleine breaks up violently with Bond at the start of the film. It hasn't been done before (read the novel "From Russia With Love")
    --> Blofeld on trial in London, he wins and manages to stay out of prison at the start of the film, but gets assassinated at the start of the film (not knowing it was a set-up in which SPECTRE killed a body double. Real Blofeld hides in secrecy on the Seychelles)

My two cents worth

1. Film released in Nov 2018
    2. Daniel Craig as Bond! (No one else 'in the running' I rate!)
    3. Daniel Pemberton to score
    4. Alfonso Cuaron to Direct/ Paul Haggis to script
    5. Madeleine dies POST credits (too obvious pre!)
    6. Blofeld returns, but in a mentor role to a new villain (Like Brian Cox Dr. Lector in 'Manhunter'!)
    Why do so many people want Madeleine to die, hasn't that stuff been done too much already? It's not necessary for Bond's women to always die, you know. It's an over-used cliche in both Bond films and in general. And another revenge story? Please gawd no.
    Szonana wrote: »
    It's never gonna be "all" anyway, not even "most". Neither men nor women. A lot of people don't give a crap about Bond whoever the actor is. And whoever the actor is people will never agree on him anyway. I also disagree that all or most women would appreciate a Bond actor's looks above anything else, or that all or most women would have similar ideas about what counts as good looks.

I guess i do have to admit i went a little too hyperbolic, whose I apologize.

I hate when Pierce detractors go the hyperbolic way to criticize him and now i did so to go in his defense. Its just sometimes i feel like its me against the world lol.
    but yes ofcourse good looking is different to every woman and i guess you are right many won't care about Bond no matter who is cast.

Ohh and i do understand there is a big difference between attractive and good looking, actually there are women who find the veryd good looking men unattractive example my mom.
    Who never really liked Brad Pitt that much who is considered one of the most beat men of all time she likes them good looking but not perfect looking if you know what i mean.

So as you can see I understand the difference but i do like some very good looking men including Pierce and Brad Pitt but with time ive found Criag attractive as well. He does have a special something.

No worries. And yes, I know what you mean. I never got what was so special about Brad Pitt, either btw, so I understand your mum. :)

Yeh, you are absolutely right re Madeleine! If Craig does return, it is something they're going to have to deal with though! They cant just ignore it! I probably rushed into that one as everyone else had kind of put the same thing. It could work that Madeleine leaves him as he cant escape a job he dislikes but just happens to be very good at!
    That makes more sense,and is more original and plausible...now DC's Bond is finally smiling and wise-cracking the last thing we need is her killed off and he returning to the moody,angry,impulsive Bond from CR and QOS.
    That suited those 2 films but we don't want to go back there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The best thing for them to do is just not mention Madeleine; can't really see many moviegoers pining over her return or scratching their heads because she didn't come back for 'Bond 25.' If they bring her back just to kill her, then we already have another revenge-driven Bond movie - no thanks.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The best thing for them to do is just not mention Madeleine; can't really see many moviegoers pining over her return or scratching their heads because she didn't come back for 'Bond 25.' If they bring her back just to kill her, then we already have another revenge-driven Bond movie - no thanks.

Vesper dies in the book; Tracy dies in the book.
    Vesper dies in the film; Madeleine dies in the film.

It all depends on how they approach the revenge angle, which was subtle in QOS since 007 got wrapped up more in this new organization, than in vengeance of Vesper's death (although that was his driving force).

In Bond 25, using Fleming's YOLT as inspiration, could be a very unique way of throwing 007 into the fire of revenge. Plus, Daniel Craig.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,690
    What I don't understand is that many people are saying SP was 'the right path the Craig era had to take', meaning Craig was always going to finish as the traditional James Bond everyone knows from the previous 20 films before CR. And yet some want to reverse back on this, and have Craig's last film to go back 180 degrees and have him go all personal, rogue, angry, and in full revenge-mode? What purpose did SP serve, then?
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Why do so many people want Madeleine to die, hasn't that stuff been done too much already? It's not necessary for Bond's women to always die, you know. It's an over-used cliche in both Bond films and in general. And another revenge story? Please gawd no.

Therefore, see my last post on top of this page ;-).
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I agree. Madeleine Swann is NOT Tracy by any stretch. I felt more of an emotional connection between Bond and Kara than I did with Swann. Yet I wasn't whining when LTK made no reference to her at all. Hell, I thought Bond had a stronger connection with Holly Goodhead! If BOND 25 doesn't come out until 2018/2019, which it won't, then the general audience really won't give a crap about her enough to be that drawn into another Bond revenge flick.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If they brush over Madeleine and barely make note of her in Bond 25, that's even worse than the chances of the film exploring so-called unoriginal ideas. That story would already have no narrative value.

You can keep Madeleine alive and still have Bond going back to the service to snuff out Blofeld one last time. Have their wedding stormed by SPECTRE (during which Bond and his 00s take up arms to defend everyone) or place her in a similar spot of trouble to motivate Bond into seeing that his dreams of domesticity were never going to happen while Blofeld was still alive. He'd make sure Madeleine was safe and secure through his connections to M, then go off and tie off all the loose ends he has in the form of Blofeld on one last mission, winner take all. Blofeld's escape from lock-up could coincide with the attempted murder of him and Madeleine at their wedding, setting up an international cat and mouse game between Bond and him as they battle each other with all they have at their disposal.

And as I've said, I'd love to see an escaped Blofeld returning to SPECTRE to face his own organization in shambles as new leadership has stepped in to fill the void he recklessly left behind. It would make Blofeld feel unimportant and worthless (harming his hair trigger ego), a speck in the cog of a machine he helped to build, but a machine that needs him no longer and actually views him as a dangerous liability. His return to SPECTRE in all reality would not be accepted or desired, as his own personal mission against Bond recklessly jeopardized the livelihoods of all his loyal, drone-like agents and let the spy communities of the world know of their existence and operations.

So much could be done in Bond 25 that is truly interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 40,474
    She can also be alive and well while subsequently not mentioning her. They shot themselves in the foot by introducing yet another love interest so soon after Vesper. Having her kidnapped yet again to play the part of damsel-in-distress doesn't excite me in the slightest. Plus, personally, I don't think Madeleine really stood out with audiences, and much like the QUANTUM organization (since a lot of the general audience seems to skim over QoS and not care for it), I highly doubt many moviegoers will notice or even care if she isn't brought back at all in 'Bond 25.'

The series really needs to divert away from these personal/backstory angles. It shouldn't be too much to ask to have a straight forward Bond adventure once again. I suppose this will all come down to whether or not Craig returns.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @Bitchuation just tweeted the following:

"Day 1 of 35 on LOGAN LUCKY. In theaters October 13, 2017..."

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Soderbergh is out of this world. I don't know any other A class director that shoots his movies as quickly as he does.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    DC wont know whats hit him, going from an eight month to a month shoot.
    Am I the only one who likes Madeleine Swann?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Of course not. I like her. And Bond does, too.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I quite like Madeleine. I've got some issues with how she was used, but the fact that the film makes her a tangible and credible part of the action that's grounded in emotional complexity makes her better than a big flock of the past Bond girls who only really have their looks to bring to the table, which isn't enough.
    Unfortunately this latest "rumour" is pure nonsense.

It's encouraging that most here aren't eating it up. It's clearly been made up by the poster. How can you tell? The sheer bloody optimism of it is risible.

Craig to return? Perhaps?
    a 2018 release? Likely
    A YOLT adaptation? I do hope so. But it's way to early to decide that.
    NWR directing? That would be cool
    Nolan to direct? Here's where you totally lost me.

I don't think Nolan would ever not do a Bond flick, but when a random poster lists all this information for a film that we know has only started pre-production and then mentions the most famous director working today is attached.....sorry, but it's bullshit.

If you're gonna post made up rumours at least make them believable.

I imagine this is some 18 year-old fanboy with too much time of his hands.

In other news: all the big Bond contenders have been out and about recently. Who do we think measures up the most?

Hiddles:
    tom-hiddleston-c-435.jpg

He's filled out. Get rid of the dodgy wig and I can sorta see it. Sorta.

Turner:
    377EA7FF00000578-3753497-image-m-58_1471891965928.jpg

Needs a haircut and cleaning up, aside that he's looking good.

Huston:
    00000000xx20265e6a3bc7536e700cd0e43667269d2a5a.jpg

Looking pretty great.