No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

You do seem to like shopping centres and malls walter ,eh ?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    walter1985 wrote: »
    I would love to see Craig getting bored and later angry at the super shopping centre, with a screaming little boy next to him, waiting on Madeleine. it appears the boy isn't James' son, but James is giving it a thought. on the way home - driving a boring car - total silence, very painful and all. at home the two eat in complete silence. then M calls. 'Blofeld escaped, we need you.' Bond says to Madeleine: 'you don't have to stay awake.' and BAM, the title song begins. (would love love love to see the gun barrel sequence and then... the mall!)

Maybe Starbucks
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I would love to see Craig getting bored and later angry at the super shopping centre, with a screaming little boy next to him, waiting on Madeleine. it appears the boy isn't James' son, but James is giving it a thought. on the way home - driving a boring car - total silence, very painful and all. at home the two eat in complete silence. then M calls. 'Blofeld escaped, we need you.' Bond says to Madeleine: 'you don't have to stay awake.' and BAM, the title song begins. (would love love love to see the gun barrel sequence and then... the mall!)

Maybe Starbucks

@mcdonbb, perfect. By Bond 25's start, Madeleine has tried to domesticate Bond and force him into leading a healthier lifestyle to the point that she's cut him off from alcohol entirely, especially his vodka martinis.

Now, Bond is resigned to ordering complex coffee orders at the local Starbucks near their home in a desperate effort to replicate that feeling of sophistication he used to exude for the finer things in life.

Starbucks Barista: "Mr. Bond, didn't think we'd see you again so soon. What'll it be today?"

Bond: "Hello there, Ginny, always charming. I'll have a Venti Hazelnut Macchiato with four shots of espresso, double drops of sugar and syrup, give it a good mixing, add an extra shot of pumpkin for good measure, heat that to 120 degrees, no whipping, and hold the cream."

~O)
    How about Madeleine dies, but it's only later as Shatterhand reveals himself to be Blofeld that he also reveals to Bond whilst he's sitting above a geyser that he was responsible - then we have an adaptation of YOLT and revenge isn't the thread of the movie but left for the climactic end with Blofeld - that is actually how it plays out in the book too, YOLT the book isn't a revenge story in the classic sense of the genre in that Bond's motivation for most of the novel isn't revenge.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Sadly, I'm pretty sure some here would love to see this.
    How about this

The pre title is bond rescuing Madeleine from blofelds mountaintop hideout. He arrived by one of those red bull style wing suits to avoid detection to give it a real world stunt memorable edge. We follow the scene up to him bursting in undetected and ramming a gun in blofelds mouth.

Titles

Then the film starts "one week earlier" and builds and builds till the final scene is the same scene as the pre title but this time from blofeld and Madeleine's perspective. Bond bursts in out of the blue just as they have made a pact to kill bond, or whatever. So we realise bond is walking into a trap for the first time.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @Matt007 wing suits are the one thing I've always wanted to see in a pre title sequence!! Some sort of aerial battle featuring wing suits would be truly memorable, and something not seen on film before.

And, I suppose if they really wanted to add a comedy element to it, if that's the direction they intend to continue with, you could push the wing suit battle back to mid film, allowing for a scene with Q showing Bond his new tux. A tux that can convert to a wing suit, and Bond giving him the ...right I'm sure this'll come in handy *eye roll*. Then later on there's Bond standing on a cliff thinking this thing better bloody work.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    YOLT adaptation with instead of Kissy you put in Madeline. Wonder if they could make that work. Madeline gets pregnant at the end just like Kissy did.

I was shot down but I still like the idea of Swann as suicidal and the YOLT angle. I mean Swann being suicidal is or can be consistent with her psychological profile plus becomes less revenge for Bond and more driven by guilt . Most of us are not completely convinced Bond even loved Swann anyway..
    I actually really love this idea
    Since in Spectre they went the Austin powers route with Bond and Blofeld as brothers. How about Swann turns out to be a robot in te next film and her head explodes
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Since in Spectre they went the Austin powers route with Bond and Blofeld as brothers. How about Swann turns out to be a robot in te next film and her head explodes

Wow. I don't believe it's ever clicked that SP and 'Goldmember,' of all movies, incorporate the same twist.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I'm still an avid Spectre fan and supporter, but I couldn't resist:

68268753.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    YOLT adaptation with instead of Kissy you put in Madeline. Wonder if they could make that work. Madeline gets pregnant at the end just like Kissy did.

I was shot down but I still like the idea of Swann as suicidal and the YOLT angle. I mean Swann being suicidal is or can be consistent with her psychological profile plus becomes less revenge for Bond and more driven by guilt . Most of us are not completely convinced Bond even loved Swann anyway..
    I actually really love this idea

What would you love to see the most? Her stabbing herself in the heart as Bond walks in the door perhaps? Jebus, some people freak me out.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Perhaps she visits the Garden of Death.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Again, lumping Bond in with the superhero fare. That depresses me.

Technically Bond is a superhero. Look at all the shit the guy's been doing for nearly 60 years. It's just as outlandish if not moreso as the superhero movies.

?format=1500w

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Maybe Starbucks

@mcdonbb, perfect. By Bond 25's start, Madeleine has tried to domesticate Bond and force him into leading a healthier lifestyle to the point that she's cut him off from alcohol entirely, especially his vodka martinis.

Now, Bond is resigned to ordering complex coffee orders at the local Starbucks near their home in a desperate effort to replicate that feeling of sophistication he used to exude for the finer things in life.

Starbucks Barista: "Mr. Bond, didn't think we'd see you again so soon. What'll it be today?"

Bond: "Hello there, Ginny, always charming. I'll have a Venti Hazelnut Macchiato with four shots of espresso, double drops of sugar and syrup, give it a good mixing, add an extra shot of pumpkin for good measure, heat that to 120 degrees, no whipping, and hold the cream."

~O)

:))

:)>- ~O) ~O) ..."better make that two" said in ultra suave Dalton voice.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And for that I'm eternally thankful.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Again, lumping Bond in with the superhero fare. That depresses me.

Technically Bond is a superhero. Look at all the shit the guy's been doing for nearly 60 years. It's just as outlandish if not moreso as the superhero movies.

?format=1500w

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves.

As I said, depressing. Yet, we can still get the occasional CR or QOS.
    They really jumped the shark iceberg with this film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Maybe Starbucks

~O)

:))

:)>- ~O) ~O) ..."better make that two" said in ultra suave Dalton voice.

@mcdonbb, and in a callback to the card game in CR, Jeffrey Wright's Felix randomly pops over Bond's shoulder and remarks in a rather corny fashion to the barista, "My friend, bring me one as well, keep the pumpkin." We've got a great movie building here. :))
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    ?format=1500w

Which cartoon is this from?
    Ice Age 5 : Age of the Silver Surfer....
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ice Age 5 : Age of the Silver Surfer....

Right, that's the movie that featured the Justice League facing off with the Avengers and Fantastic Four in a hot dog eating contest at a fair in Central Park. Then that stupid squirrel thing from Ice Age popped up warning everyone of a coming ice age instrumented by a baddie and the Justice League, Avengers and Fantastic Four had to team up to stop it all.
    I would love to have seen Babs and Michaels faces when they first saw this!
    That's when the Bond franchise "Surfed the Glacier"
    Murdock wrote: »

During a massive heatwave.....its embarrassing...

The only thing missing from DAD was Bond quite literally jumping over a shark in that glacier surf sequence. A bit too on the nose, though, right?

The only thing missing from DAD was Bond quite literally jumping over a shark in that glacier surf sequence. A bit too on the nose, though, right?
    If only a shark could have eaten the second half of the movie. ;)
    It would have died,as the film did,alas.

@Murdock, but then the second half of the moive would have to be redone from the very start with millions of dollars already used up on the film.

Roy Schneider's character from Jaws would pop up out of nowhere, kill the shark that ate the second half of the movie, then mumble to Bond, "We're gonna need a bigger budget."

@Murdock, but then the second half of the moive would have to be redone from the very start with millions of dollars already used up on the film.

Roy Schneider's character from Jaws would pop up out of nowhere, kill the shark that ate the second half of the movie, then mumble to Bond, "We're gonna need a bigger budget."

On the bright side, They would have to scrap the CG heavy scenes and rewrite the scenes to be better.
    I think if Craig comes back for one more they will go in territory they havent wandered in before while still making a traditional film.

Mendes wont be lured back, Spectre wasnt the story he even wanted to tell IMO.