No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Malek is probably cast, but how do we know he is a villain?
    With two Bond girls, Seydoux, Magnussen and the MI6 regulars, I would imagine so and with that caliber of talent, he has to be. He'd be wasted on a smaller role.

There was a rumour that the film will include an expanded role for Moneypenny. How likely is that to happen with Seydoux and two other girls?
    I wouldn't be too surprised if that rumour was based on the extended use of Moneypenny in the last two films, in the same way the Shatterhand rumour basically stemmed from Spectre's ending.
    QBranch wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Perhaps his best known role is Q in the Bond films Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015). As soon as he’s finished his Marilyn, he will begin shooting the next one, though no one in a Bond movie can tell you in advance what it’s going to be like. “I think they’re probably trying to figure out what to do with the storyline,” he says. “At least I know that my character is the same. Someone did tell me there might be a scene with Q’s cats.”
    Does that mean we'll see Q's home?

Maybe Bond breaks into Q's house, like he did to M in CR and SF.

Or something happens to Q, and he goes to feed the cats, and possibly look for something.
    There's a cat basket and litter tray in Q's lab in SP, so he also has the cats at work with him.

https://i.imgur.com/hNfZ55f.jpg

site link: https://imgur.com/a/2fupc/layout/grid

Never noticed that before!
    That is a behind-the-scenes photo. I did a check, but couldn't see it in the film.

Ah, that's probably why I hadn't noticed it. Just shows how much attention to detail the set designers have.
    There's a lot of speculation here that make no sense what so ever!!!
    This Madeleine-as-a-child flashback speculation, really needs to stop. The girl cast, doesn't really look like a young Madeleine, does she? She looks more related to the Malek character:
    1883574C0C135A36AE45806EC431CA27.jpg
    We've established that much, @Zekidk.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Zekidk wrote: »
    This Madeleine-as-a-child flashback speculation, really needs to stop. The girl cast, doesn't really look like a young Madeleine, does she? She looks more related to the Malek character:
    We don't know if she is cast. I think she was only brought up cause it was only picture of a girl with the same name as the girl apparently cast. All we know fully is the description of that scene and that's it. We don't know who is cast.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    We don't know if she is cast, I think she was only pulled cause it was only picture of a girl with the name of the girl apparently cast. All knew fully is the description of that scene.

Actually, that's quite true. Although to be fair everything points to it not being a flashback. So, why would they cast a
    young Maddie
    ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    We don't know if she is cast, I think she was only pulled cause it was only picture of a girl with the name of the girl apparently cast. All knew fully is the description of that scene.

Actually, that's quite true. Although to be fair everything points to it not being a flashback. So, why would they cast a
    young Maddie
    ?
    I don't think it is either, I'm just making sure people don't put too much into this girl being cast. It makes me a little uncomfortable that we have some random picture of a little girl who may have nothing to do with this film floating around as well.
    Univex wrote: »

young Maddie
    ?
    I don't think it is either, I'm just making sure people don't put too much into this girl being cast. It makes me a little uncomfortable that we have some random picture of a little girl who may have nothing to do with this film floating around as well.

Yes, quite right you are.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What are you trying to say?
    Neither of these articles mention anything about that girl in the picture.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,169
    @Denbigh
    "I søknadspapirene kommer det frem at barnet som skal spille i scenen heter Maya Khosrowshahi."

Please read the news articles before concluding what's in them or not!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Denbigh
    "I søknadspapirene kommer det frem at barnet som skal spille i scenen heter Maya Khosrowshahi."

Please read the news articles before concluding what's in them or not!
    Yes I know it mentions a name, but that doesn't mean it is the girl in the picture.

That's what I'm trying to say.

I doubt there's one Maya Khosrowshahi floating around in the world.
    Also @Zekidk, do you mind putting what you just said in spoiler tags. Just in case.

Also, if you Google...
    ...the name, she's the first person that comes up. It was a member here that posted that picture. It hasn't come from a reliable source.
    "I doubt there's one Maya Khosrowshahi floating around in the world."

The girl on the picture is british, so why mention the world?

You certainly made up your mind. Perfectly fine with me. Have a nice day.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    "I doubt there's one Maya Khosrowshahi floating around in the world."

The girl on the picture is british, so why mention the world?

You certainly made up your mind. Perfectly fine with me. Have a nice day.
    Because I don't think Eon limit themselves to casting in one country.

We also don't know for sure the nationality of this supposed character.

With a name like Khosrowshahi, it's obvious we're not looking at someone only of British descent.
    I'm just giving my opinion on this. That's all.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I've been watching 21 and I must say I didn't quite like Elliot Graham's editing. Feels very DAD-ish with slow-mo effects and all that. Anyway, hope he won't abuse of that if he's in.
    @Denbigh

Sure...
    We know that a british girl with iranian decent named Maya Khosrowshahi is cast as the girl, and although the name of the girl on the picture is british-born Maya Khosrowshahi living in UK, you are not sold on the idea, because there are "several with that name floating around in the world." Actually, the last name is extremely rare, except in the east Azerbaijan province of northwest Iran. The odds of finding more than one Maya Khosrowshahi in UK at that age, is pretty much zero.
    So, there you have it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Denbigh

Sure...
    We know that a british girl with iranian decent named Maya Khosrowshahi is cast as the girl, and although the name of the girl on the picture is british-born Maya Khosrowshahi living in UK, you are not sold on the idea, because there are "several with that name floating around in the world." Actually, the last name is extremely rare, except in the east Azerbaijan province of northwest Iran. The odds of finding more than one Maya Khosrowshahi in UK at that age, is pretty much zero.
    So, there you have it.
    I'm just trying to keep open minded and not rely on a random person's quick internet search. Each to their own. I'm also not trying to prove anyone wrong, I'm just avoiding jumping on this as fact.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I've been watching 21 and I must say I didn't quite like Elliot Graham's editing. Feels very DAD-ish with slow-mo effects and all that. Anyway, hope he won't abuse of that if he's in.

I wouldn't base what he could bring to Bond off of that. His editing style has been varied in accordance with the film he's working on. As it should be!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France

Perhaps his best known role is Q in the Bond films Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015). As soon as he’s finished his Marilyn, he will begin shooting the next one, though no one in a Bond movie can tell you in advance what it’s going to be like. “I think they’re probably trying to figure out what to do with the storyline,” he says. “At least I know that my character is the same. Someone did tell me there might be a scene with Q’s cats.”

One of Q's cats is having an affair with Blofeld's new Persian and serves as a mole within MI6. That's one of the big twists in the script.
    I'm just trying to keep open minded.
    And I'm just trying to use common sense using the facts that we do know. But it's no big deal. It's not like
    she's a major character or something.
    But...
    her name rules out all the Madeleine Swann child/flashback speculation. Picture or not from a "random person's quick internet search" - she's not white as snow with her decent.
    Really looking forward to whatever this week brings us????!!!!!!!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Filming will likely begin tomorrow morning. 10 hours from now. Hopefully we get some photos or videos from set tomorrow or some kind of publicity.
    How long are they filming in Norway? I thought it's one week shoot, but it doesnt seem it will be a major action sequence from what it look like. I was hoping for a car chase across the frozen lake, but i suppose it's early days yet.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A car chase will supposedly take place in Matera.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’m kinda loving this whole - enough information to confuse, not enough information to spoil - thing we’ve got going on at the moment.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    How long are they filming in Norway? I thought it's one week shoot, but it doesnt seem it will be a major action sequence from what it look like.
    I find it hard to believe that the Norwegian Filminstitute has paid 5 million euro for B25 to be filmed there for just a week in a generic location that could be anywhere in the world with snow. In comparison the MI:Fallout Production received 630.000 euro and it featured extensively, although doubling for Kashmir.
    Malek is probably cast, but how do we know he is a villain?

What about if if the character of Rami Malek is the henchman?? And all this leaking about him has been intentional only to disorient us a little bit and forget Christoph Waltz.

I believe that EON will surprise us at the Press Conference with an actor that has not been leaked and that NO ONE has mentioned. Remember what happened when Danny Boyle left, several directors' names came out and nobody said Cary Fukunaga.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    How long are they filming in Norway? I thought it's one week shoot, but it doesnt seem it will be a major action sequence from what it look like.
    I find it hard to believe that the Norwegian Filminstitute has paid 5 million euro for B25 to be filmed there for just a week in a generic location that could be anywhere in the world with snow. In comparison the MI:Fallout Production received 630.000 euro and it featured extensively, although doubling for Kashmir.
    I thought they were going back there later in the year to film more? Cause they're only filming this sequence earlier beause of the whether, unless I'm mistaken.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If Malek's stunt double is on location, wouldn't Malek be there as well?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    jake24 wrote: »
    If Malek's stunt double is on location, wouldn't Malek be there as well?

His scenes could be done at Pinewood, or he could be late to Norway due to Mr Robot filming. He was spotted the other day still warping up the final season. I actually think he's the henchman though and not main villian.