No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    So everyone's rationalising it by saying the tile's not bad, but not good either, and that the title isn't important, the film is ... Please, hogwash. How can anyone be happy with that title? It's unimaginative to say the least. Cliché and poor. At least Skyfall had somewhat of a double meaning to it, not to mention originality. Spectre was what it was inside the cannon. But this? This is just poor. Even if they spin it in the story, it will never sound like a Bond entry.

That being said, I'm hoping it's just a working title. Just like Shatterhand was at some point.

What's even worse is the connection to a different, hugely popular teen movie franchise…
    I'm fairly certain that either 'source' referred to by @Risico007 or @Station_Z is actually something put on (and then removed) from Companies House:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149
    This is likely the title. Spectres title came out early way before the press conference someone leaked it on here.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It could be the working title they're filming under in Norway to avoid any leaks?

Especially if the press conference is at the beginning of April.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    So everyone's rationalising it by saying the tile's not bad, but not good either, and that the title isn't important, the film is ... Please, hogwash. How can anyone be happy with that title? It's unimaginative to say the least. Cliché and poor. At least Skyfall had somewhat of a double meaning to it, not to mention originality. Spectre was what it was inside the cannon. But this? This is just poor. Even if they spin it in the story, it will never sound like a Bond entry.

That being said, I'm hoping it's just a working title. Just like Shatterhand was at some point.

Totally agree and share the same hope. They need to inspire confidence and the title does matter, just like the artwork, etc...
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,884
    FWIW this July there will be a total solar *eclipse* in South America. Just putting it out there.
    What I love about most of the one-word titles in the series is that they are uniquely Bond. In no other realm do the words "Goldfinger," "Thunderball," "Moonraker," or "Skyfall" exist. If you Google those words, you'll find only 007.
    Ca. 373.000.000 hits googling the new title.
    Ca. 16.800.000 hits googling Skyfall
    Ca. 3.250.000 hits googling Moonraker
    Ca. 2.820.000 hits googling Thunderball
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    715373964.g_400-w_g.jpgmmscan_dws_pghdr_1200x_eclipsecross_en.jpgheader.jpg?t=1474042151

Worst Bond title EVER
    No 007 logo through the title this time.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

It's not the title. Can't be. It just can't. They are not brain dead at EON.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Just dropping in real quick. This is an awful title if true.
    Come on folks! Let's get serious! It's impossible this is the title. I have a very low opinion of Barbara Broccoli, but she is not this stupid.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Shatterhand in Dutch (where I was born) is Schaterhand, a really ugly word in my language. I can't seem to bend it into something Bondian. I've always liked how the word eclipse sounds and in this case what it could mean, as it sounds rather ominous and fitting for a send off for Craig. Like the two titles before it only one word and has a strong S, just not in the beginning. 007 letters each for the last three titles. My 2 cents.

So: Skyfall > Spectre > Eclipse

Well, congrats to @JeremyBondon (maybe) for correctly guessing the title even before Boyle left!
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    MGM Hires Robert Marick to Expand Consumer Products
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/mgm-robert-marick-expand-consumer-products-1203165505/

Metro Goldwyn Mayer has hired industry veteran Robert Marick as executive VP of global consumer products and experiences.

In his new role, Marick is responsible for overseeing the expansion of MGM’s traditional merchandise, interactive and consumer products business. He’s also developing a global strategy with a focus on core consumer products licensing, digital and gaming, location-based entertainment and direct-to-consumer businesses.

[...] Marick will be working on MGM brands including “The Addams Family,” “Legally Blonde,” “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Vikings,” “James Bond,” and “Pink Panther.” He began his career working in toys at Mattel and managing Fox’s multibillion-dollar global licensing business, and implemented global franchise strategies for “Avatar,” “Ice Age,” and “The Simpsons.”

James Bond video games?!

Because QoS-SP never had proper videogame adaptations (the QoS game was mostly based on CR and SF's mission in 007 Legends was really lame) I would really love an epic videogame covering Craig's tenure beginning with CR and ending with B25 done in the style of GoldenEye/Perfect Dark.
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png

Love it.

I honestly doubt
    Eclipse
    is going to be the title (then again in 2014 I swore I would eat my hat if Bond 24 would be titled SPECTRE and boy, was I wrong!) as I'm expecting
    a two-four words title
    but I must admit I really like it. Infact, I like it much more than many suggestions I've seen around here.
    If you were to look at the definition of the title...
    "An eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when an astronomical object is temporarily obscured, either by passing into the shadow of another body or by having another body pass between it and the viewer."

Codename theory confirmed?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Someone go present @NS_writings' fan art to Barbara and see what she writes :D

No need for that! :D :D :D
    20edwKI.jpg

:)) :)) :))
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I like the title “Gemini.” Reminds me of the classic N64 game haha.
    I’ll be at peace enough if it does end up being Eclipse. It’s nothing special, but not awful either. I do wish they’d use more Fleming titles though, either from the remaining short stories or chapter titles.

That was my first thought as well!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,492
    Station Z is a good guy; when I reported on Jamaica here, he contacted me immediately with similar info. He does find out info that no one on this site (minus @ColonelSun), would have (including the name of a certain spouse that I had to verify, lol).

I hafta believe he thinks he came across something legit and shared with us, and we should be thankful, even if a rumour.

Throwing my two cents into this, and I could be way off the mark, but, in this case, i don’t think this is the title.

As we get closer to filming there will be “plants” and rumours and “smoke and mirror” tactics to throw off fans and media alike; in this business it gets harder and harder to surprise...!
    Naughty Dog or Rockstar need to make a Bond videogame with Craig before he hangs the gloves.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

It's not the title. Can't be. It just can't. They are not brain dead at EON.

you never know.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Come on folks! Let's get serious! It's impossible this is the title. I have a very low opinion of Barbara Broccoli, but she is not this stupid.
    Dear Panchito,
    I feel you just made this the title as now Barbara will make it so just to spite you.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »
    Sounds lazy, but at the same time is fascinating. Perhaps because reminds me Delon and Vitti.
    My sentiments exactly. And good call on that movie with Delon and Vitti, @matt_u. I love that movie. :D

I also love the Pink Floyd song!

Just for the record, there are already 4 movies titled like this rumored title:
    L’eclisse (The Eclipse, 1963) by Michelangelo Antonioni;
    The Eclipse (1994) by Jeremy Podeswa;
    Eclipse (2009) by Conor McPherson;
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) by David Slade

I can’t see it being the title of the last Craig Bond. Too generic and over used, perhaps.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Naughty Dog or Rockstar need to make a Bond videogame with Craig before he hangs the gloves.

This.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,005
    The filmmakers could just cut to the chase.
    S P O I L E R.

An S-word. Got the O. Seven letters. Near perfect.
    Of course some fans will think it's about them. And not the first time Eon mocked their detractors.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Well, congrats to @JeremyBondon (maybe) for correctly guessing the title even before Boyle left!

Now for his next guess, Aidan Turner will be the next Bond! I'd be happy with THAT one. And my dear friend @JeremyBondon knows it ;)
    Sounds lazy, but at the same time is fascinating. Perhaps because reminds me Delon and Vitti.
    My sentiments exactly. And good call on that movie with Delon and Vitti, @matt_u. I love that movie. :D

I also love the Pink Floyd song!

Just for the record, there are already 4 movies titled like this rumored title:
    L’eclisse (The Eclipse, 1963) by Michelangelo Antonioni;
    The Eclipse (1994) by Jeremy Podeswa;
    Eclipse (2009) by Conor McPherson;
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) by David Slade

I can’t see it being the title of the last Craig Bond. Too generic and over used, perhaps.

Exactly. Nice research, btw, Mr. Roark ;)
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    peter wrote: »
    Station Z is a good guy; when I reported on Jamaica here, he contacted me immediately with similar info. He does find out info that no one on this site (minus @ColonelSun), would have (including the name of a certain spouse that I had to verify, lol).

I hafta believe he thinks he came across something legit and shared with us, and we should be thankful, even if a rumour.

Throwing my two cents into this, and I could be way off the mark, but, in this case, i don’t think this is the title.

As we get closer to filming there will be “plants” and rumours and “smoke and mirror” tactics to throw off fans and media alike; in this business it gets harder and harder to surprise...!

Hey Peter you didn't respond to my email! I'm hurt lmao!!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I quite like 'Gemini' as a potential title though.
    so it’s just the working title cool
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    I hope the real title will get the spirit of this nice working title
    Can we now discuss why they would choose it as a working title? Hidden meanings?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can we now discuss why they would choose it as a working title? Hidden meanings?
    "The fallout eclipse of all your good intentions, Mr. Bond." ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Could Barbara be a fan of this remix?
    I would laugh out loud if the working title is…
    Eclipse
    and the actual title turns out to be…
    Solar
    It would even fit with EONs love for S-word titles.