No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sure Skyfall is similar to it, but at least it wasn't already made into a teen vampire movie. Maybe it's actually called Shatterhand's Eclipse. lol.
    Please remember to use spoiler tags next time.

Also, I know you were joking, but those two titles actually go very well together.
    D'oh! I had completely forgotten
    that the Twilight series shares the same title
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Really, REALLY hope this is not the title. It will make it three in a row (one-word titles) I dislike.

If they were going to steal from the Twilight franchise any of the other titles might have been better.
    NEW MOON

or
    BREAKING DAWN

I'm getting a bad feeling it actually is the title. If so I'm gutted.

Why steal from that franchise at all? It was a huge hit, so many regular movie goers will probably pick up on this. Really hope the title will be something else.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    How does one go from writing articles from conversations here to seeing the title of Bond 25?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834
    The real working title?

I know a few productions have used moon related titles as their cover, including Doctor Who.
    On its own, a little bland, however, it depends on its meaning in the context of the story...
  • TR007 wrote: »
    D'oh! I had completely forgotten
    that the Twilight series shares the same title
    it's not a terrible title on it's own, but yes since it has been used as recent as 2010. I think something a bit more original would do.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Eon can never let a director or writer fully put out their vision. Even Mendes.

I hate to say it, but maybe thats why we’re all still here 56 years after Dr No, eagerly awaiting the 25th adventure...

+1.

If the James Bond films were a country, EON would be the citizens and the director, screenwriters and even the leading Bond actor would be foreigners on transits. Like, they can stay, but MGW and BB are the bosses and they write the law.

Where do the fans fit in @NS_writings
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    It’s really not that bad of a title. I kind of like it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I hated Skyfall at first since it sounded like something from Chicken Little. It eventually grew on me.
    It's a dissappointing, generic, but not terrible title. I like it more than Icebreaker, or Shatterhand, at least.

It should make for a good title song, though.
    What I love about most of the one-word titles in the series is that they are uniquely Bond. In no other realm do the words "Goldfinger," "Thunderball," "Moonraker," or "Skyfall" exist. If you Google those words, you'll find only 007. Spectre, I realize, is a different case, since it's already a word, but it gets a pass because it is still, at its heart, so Fleming-esque. A one-word title that is "just a regular" word doesn't get me excited, even if it's an interesting word.
    It's abismal.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 143
    Eclipse sounds like the actual working title.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Gobi-1 wrote: »
    Eclipse
    sounds like the actual working title.

Yes, it really sounds like a working title. Maybe the working title of Fukunaga's final version, to distinguish itself from the Shatterhand script from P&W?
    What's the actual validity of the source(s) on this? Do we have any previous evidence of confirmed scoops, or notable things they've released in the past?
    Gobi-1 wrote: »
    Eclipse
    sounds like the actual working title.

Spoiler tags!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Can't imagine that being the title. Just seems way too uncreative and unoriginal.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Not impossible at all for that alleged title to have been conceived as a working title. Anybody remember when Mission: Impossible - Fallout was actually shot under the working title of Gemini?
    Can't imagine that being the title. Just seems way too uncreative and unoriginal.

I don't hate it. Used properly, it's got intrigue -- as an operational codename for MI6, or perhaps an emergency status codephrase like Defcon for a high-stakes situation the agency or NATO finds itself in.

Having said that: It's an interesting word, but it doesn't immediately scream James Bond movie. And given that this one is Craig's last, plus Universal wants a billion dollar box office, and 007 is coming off a rather length in-era hiatus...I don't know, it feels possible, but I also feel like they want something that more instantly screams and hails James Bond.
    Not impossible at all that alleged title is conceived as a working title. Anybody remember when Mission: Impossible - Fallout was actually shot under the working title of Gemini?

Yes, these kind of bland one word titles are often used as working titles. That's what I hope, anyways.
    Not impossible at all that alleged title is conceived as a working title. Anybody remember when Mission: Impossible - Fallout was actually shot under the working title of Gemini?

Interesting, you mention that film - because Fallout is a dreadful title.

But guess what, the title isn't that important. It's the film itself. In time, the title becomes background noise to the film itself. Soon it will become indistinguishable from the film.

I don't mind the title. It isn't amazing nor is it woeful. Believe me, Bond has had some bad bad title, to name a few:

Tomorrow Never Dies
    Quantum of Solace
    Octopussy

So until our sources want to reveal more, we'll have to wait till the press conference.
    I like the title “Gemini.” Reminds me of the classic N64 game haha.
    I’ll be at peace enough if it does end up being Eclipse. It’s nothing special, but not awful either. I do wish they’d use more Fleming titles though, either from the remaining short stories or chapter titles.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don't see a title as anything to be gutted over, tbh. It's totally meaningless and one gets used to it if said enough times. Skyfall is exactly that.
    Skyfall is 1000 times as exciting and sexy as this rumoured title.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

But guess what, the title isn't that important. It's the film itself. In time, the title becomes background noise to the film itself. Soon it will become indistinguishable from the film.

I don't mind the title. It isn't amazing nor is it woeful. Believe me, Bond has had some bad bad title, to name a few:

Tomorrow Never Dies
    Quantum of Solace
    Octopussy

So until our sources want to reveal more, we'll have to wait till the press conference.
    TND is far from being a bad title. No arguments from me about the rest, however.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »

Yes, these kind of bland one word titles are often used as working titles. That's what I hope, anyways.
    Too true, also Titanic's working title was Planet Ice...
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Eon can never let a director or writer fully put out their vision. Even Mendes.

I hate to say it, but maybe thats why we’re all still here 56 years after Dr No, eagerly awaiting the 25th adventure...

+1.

If the James Bond films were a country, EON would be the citizens and the director, screenwriters and even the leading Bond actor would be foreigners on transits. Like, they can stay, but MGW and BB are the bosses and they write the law.

Where do the fans fit in @NS_writings

Well, I'd say we are some sort of International Monetary Fund to EON hoping they'd do something great with our money. ;)

Tomorrow Never Dies
    Quantum of Solace
    Octopussy

What? I think Octopussy is an awesome title.

Tomorrow Never Dies
    Quantum of Solace
    Octopussy

What? I think Octopussy is an awesome title.

One of my favourite titles.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,665
    So everyone's rationalising it by saying the tile's not bad, but not good either, and that the title isn't important, the film is ... Please, hogwash. How can anyone be happy with that title? It's unimaginative to say the least. Cliché and poor. At least Skyfall had somewhat of a double meaning to it, not to mention originality. Spectre was what it was inside the cannon. But this? This is just poor. Even if they spin it in the story, it will never sound like a Bond entry.

That being said, I'm hoping it's just a working title. Just like Shatterhand was at some point.