No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

TripAces wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    220px-Eclipse_Theatrical_One-Sheet.jpgFulleclipse.jpg61270864.cms?width=219&height=317&imgsize=407906fid15524.jpg

Ok, to be fair, the Michelangelo Antonioni one is a very good film, as all of his films are/were.
    LOL...you beat me to it, @Univex

Right? ;) Brilliant minds think alike.
    I really hope it is a one-word title.

Eclipse is a cool word. Is it a title for a spy film? Perhaps. Is it a little bland and uninspiring? Perhaps.

I thought the same about 'Skyfall' when it was announced.

@Risico007 did you also hear that this was the title?
    My soruce messaged me 5 minutes before hand with a similar story sooooo

what can I say
    it does bother me a third one word title and its grasping at straws to say its from fleming… I just don't get why we cant use some of the more decent chapter titles etc Now before people say oh I hate it... I don't I need to see it in the context of the poster/ the title card/ the logo/ the film but in terms of "original" titles its better then Die another day and Tomorrow never dies Ironically enough if both sources are correct Craig will have done no films as 007 with Death die kill or gold in the title the only other Bond to do this is Lazenby
    jake24 wrote: »
    "Hey we are going to give you a different editor" I don't understand, what does that mean exactly? Can someone explain that specific line.
    He pretty much confirms Baz's scoop that EON wanted to bring on a different writer.

No, I read that as Boyle talking directly to the journalist. For a director, saying that you need to work with a different screenwriter is sort of like telling a journalist that he has to answer to a new editor. If you've spent a while developing a working relationship with an editor it can really throw things off to work with someone new.
    I really hope it is a one-word title.

Eclipse is a cool word. Is it a title for a spy film? Perhaps. Is it a little bland and uninspiring? Perhaps.

I thought the same about 'Skyfall' when it was announced.

@Risico007 did you also hear that this was the title?
    I'm actually not hating it as a cool, one-worder.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    My soruce messaged me 5 minutes before hand with a similar story sooooo

what can I say
    it does bother me a third one word title and its grasping at straws to say its from fleming… I just don't get why we cant use some of the more decent chapter titles etc Now before people say oh I hate it... I don't I need to see it in the context of the poster/ the title card/ the logo/ the film but in terms of "original" titles its better then Die another day and Tomorrow never dies Ironically enough if both sources are correct Craig will have done no films as 007 with Death die kill or gold in the title the only other Bond to do this is Lazenby

Wait. Really?

Do the two of you have the same source?
    oh and keep in mind until it's officially announced I am still taking this with grain of salt
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    That's amazing @NS_writings

Thank you! @Jordo007 , I'll post a fan art on the B25 Fan Art thread in a while.

UPDATE: fan art here, under spoiler tags: https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/972068/#Comment_972068
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Just toying a little...
    T0WNy3J.png
    Despite my firm belief it's not the title -- I'll probably end up wrong, who knows -- I love what you did with the 'C' there. Nice!

Thanks again. And it's all done with MS Power Point ;)
    Really, REALLY hope this is not the title. It will make it three in a row (one-word titles) I dislike.
  • If you were to look at the definition of the title...
    "An eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when an astronomical object is temporarily obscured, either by passing into the shadow of another body or by having another body pass between it and the viewer."

Codename theory confirmed?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,586
    octofinger wrote: »
    "Hey we are going to give you a different editor" I don't understand, what does that mean exactly? Can someone explain that specific line.
    He pretty much confirms Baz's scoop that EON wanted to bring on a different writer.

No, I read that as Boyle talking directly to the journalist. For a director, saying that you need to work with a different screenwriter is sort of like telling a journalist that he has to answer to a new editor. If you've spent a while developing a working relationship with an editor it can really throw things off to work with someone new.
    I know, and he heavily implies that they wanted him to work with a different screenwriter.
    Really, REALLY hope this is not the title. It will make it three in a row (one-word titles) I dislike.

If they were going to steal from the Twilight franchise any of the other titles might have been better.
    NEW MOON

or
    BREAKING DAWN

I'm getting a bad feeling it actually is the title. If so I'm gutted.
    Kind of bland title but what can I say... at least it's not starting with
    S yet again!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Someone go present @NS_writings' fan art to Barbara and see what she writes :D
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yes. Let's get this rumored dispelled as soon as possible.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Sounds lazy, but at the same time is fascinating. Perhaps because reminds me Delon and Vitti.
    Oh dear ......
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't see a title as anything to be gutted over, tbh. It's totally meaningless and one gets used to it if said enough times. Skyfall is exactly that.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 12,243
    ”Eclipse” seems average on the surface. Don’t really love or hate it. We’ll see if it’s true eventually. Also for what it’s worth I love the title “Skyfall.”
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 15,785
    Why steal from the Twilight franchise of all franchises? At least rip off something cool like the Dirty Harry films.

They could call it
    SUDDEN IMPACT

Or
    DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE

Or
    STAR TREK VI THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,586
    It won't be too long before the title gets out into the media. Eon may have to change it.

No need for that! :D :D :D
    20edwKI.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    It won't be too long before the title gets out into the media. Eon may have to change it.

I certainly hope so

20edwKI.jpg

Haha still work of art. Well done
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,160
    This guy must be happy:
    I don't see a title as anything to be gutted over, tbh. It's totally meaningless and one gets used to it if said enough times. Skyfall is exactly that.

Thunderball, too.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Having said that, I don’t believe this is the title.

I certainly hope so

20edwKI.jpg

Haha still work of art. Well done

I may have my 30 seconds of fame when this poster gets on The Sun and/or someone considers it "the official poster" and "the official title", because you know tabloids. Mind you, if that happens I'll be the first to contradict them as I ussualy do :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    matt_u wrote: »
    Sounds lazy, but at the same time is fascinating. Perhaps because reminds me Delon and Vitti.
    My sentiments exactly. And good call on that movie with Delon and Vitti, @matt_u. I love that movie. :D
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,395
    Sure Skyfall is similar to it, but at least it wasn't already made into a teen vampire movie. Maybe it's actually called Shatterhand's Eclipse. lol.
    I quite like that title. It's a nice way to symbolise the end of Craig's tenure.