No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Mallory wrote: »
    @4EverBonded

Paul Haggis did suggest something similar for QoS (Vesper having a child) and Broccoli and Wilson rejected the idea,

I remember fans going ballistic over the idea, that's why I mentioned that one in particular. Personally, I'd hate that to happen in a Bond film.

As for Malek, odds are he is in. I still think he could perhaps do a great turn as a psycho side henchman; I do prefer for him not to be the main villain. Just my instincts. With a great script and his current confidence (surely he has confidence right now) he could surprise me. Not excited, but that's okay. Most important to me is Cary and we also have a great cinematographer on hand.

I think the song will be done by somebody currently popular. Do people really think it will be Gaga?

Also I think other Bond girl roles are up for grabs; nobody I've seen really making me think 'Oh that would be a great choice.' I'm fine with hiring lesser known actresses, I just want somebody who can act well enough, with a real screen presence. And yes, I loved Monica Bellucci and would have loved for her to be in Spectre a lot more than she was used.

I wonder if they're gonna riff off of Last Jedi and have Malik as Blofelds son trying to resurrect Spectre and Bond/Luke reluctantly called out of retirement.
    Or Malek is Bond´s unknown son, who now is head of a big criminal organization.

Benny wrote: »
    I have to say I’m enjoying this shroud of secrecy, whether EON have done it because of the leaks with SP, or if it’s all part of the strategy to keep everyone surprised. It’s working for me.
    I love to be surprised by the cast, locations and story. In this info 24/7 age we live in, it makes a refreshing change sometimes to be kept in the dark.
    Maybe it’s just me.
    It´s certainly not just you, sir. I´m not sure if I want to be surprised that much, but it would indeed be Refreshing to be off the hook of misleading speculation.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The veil of secrecy is a huge plus point to me and as always, thanks @peter.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thank you for your kind words, @peter
  • I've said this before, but my wager is that EON felt quite burned by the leaks. They're doing everything they can to avoid repeating that experience.
  • octofinger wrote: »
    I've said this before, but my wager is that EON felt quite burned by the leaks. They're doing everything they can to avoid repeating that experience.

I’m sure that factors in theoretically. But practically that notion most disappear rapidly.

Think about the leaks we have had for Bond25 - which are more than you think:

◾️ Danny Boyle and Craig fell out over whether to cast Tomaz Kotz.
    ◾️ Craig wanted to make a FRWL-esque story and Boyle pitched a ‘new Cold War’ story.
    ◾️ Boyle objected to killing Bond.
    ◾️ Eon wanted to remove John Hodge and Boyle walked.
    ◾️ Eon went back to Purvis and Wade’s treatment.

This film has had a lot of leaks. I suspect the reason we haven’t heard anything in terms of casting is mainly due to Eon still being the middle of casting! Decisions and contracts are probably being finalised soon
    I think some mistake rumours for leaks. Just saying.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,135
    Univex wrote: »

Indeed, like the Jamaica Scouting rumour that emerged a while back.
    So far I like everything, except the casting of Malik. It's the only thing that worries me. I hope I'm wrong on this.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ludovico wrote: »
    So far I like everything, except the casting of Malik. It's the only thing that worries me. I hope I'm wrong on this.

Have you seen any of his work? Or is it that he's younger than Craig?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677

The Jamaica Scouting was NOT a rumour. It was a FACT. By a reliable source. And before you say it: of course scouted locations may or may not be used.

Now, that Boyle objected to killing Bond or that EON wanted to remove John Hodge, those are plain rumours, nothing more than that.

We actually don't have leaks. Leaks are another thing altogether. A leaked script, title, sinopse, casting call,... Those are leaks. What leaks had this production so far? NONE. And that is truly amazing. And I thank them for it.

All I've seen from Malik so far tells me he is an interesting actor with a strange look and presence that very well make for a brilliant villain.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    The veil of secrecy is a huge plus point to me and as always, thanks @peter.

For me as well.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    octofinger wrote: »
    I've said this before, but my wager is that EON felt quite burned by the leaks. They're doing everything they can to avoid repeating that experience.

I’m sure that factors in theoretically. But practically that notion most disappear rapidly.

◾️ Craig wanted to make a FRWL-esque story and Boyle pitched a ‘new Cold War’ story.

This film has had a lot of leaks. I suspect the reason we haven’t heard anything in terms of casting is mainly due to Eon still being the middle of casting! Decisions and contracts are probably being finalised soon

Nothing to do with the plot I think we mean.

SPECTRE had early drafts of the script leaked, arguments between Sony and EON aired in public

In comparison to that Bond 25 is tight as a drum.

At the moment we really don't know what this film is about and my hunch is that EON themselves have been throwing some of the rumours out themselves deliberately to muddy the waters.

The Jamaica Scouting was NOT a rumour. It was a FACT. By a reliable source. And before you say it: of course scouted locations may or may not be used.

If it was a fact it would have been picked up by the big sites. When it was reported here the title read "rumour" and there's nothing to suggest otherwise.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Shardlake wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

Nothing to do with the plot I think we mean.

SPECTRE had early drafts of the script leaked, arguments between Sony and EON aired in public

In comparison to that Bond 25 is tight as a drum.

At the moment we really don't know what this film is about and my hunch is that EON themselves have been throwing some of the rumours out themselves deliberately to muddy the waters.

The North Korea leak hardly counts. It wasn't Eon's fault - plus, those more plot specific leaks only really resonated with folks on forums chasing spoilers. Most people were aware but either oblivious about how to find the leaks or too busy to bother looking.

This is a little different - there has been journalist articles in trade publications and British newspapers covering the Boyle fallout.

Does anyone here have a Production Weekly account? Last week's issue has an update on Bond 25's start date.
    https://www.productionweekly.com/
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 616
    The North Korea leak hardly counts.

Sorry to digress, but I never believed that the North Koreans were behind the Sony hacks (supposedly in retaliation for the anti-Kim and totally unwatchable Seth Rogen comedy THE INTERVIEW). My feeling is that it was more likely disgruntled Sony employees.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,525
    I can't wait for that synopsis those two sentences that spark the imagination of the fanbase.
    For all Spectre's failings I remember being at work pondering over that synopsis

Also I checked out this site. https://www.productionweekly.com/ @Pierce2Daniel
    Shatterhand is still the working title according to this.
    Unrelated to Bond (pardon the pun) I saw another title there. Wouldn't it be funny if this was the title of the next film
    • FATHERHOOD (aka TWO KISSES FOR MADDY)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 14,848
    echo wrote: »

Have you seen any of his work? Or is it that he's younger than Craig?

No I must confess. It's more an impression than anything else. I had seen little of Toby Stephens either, apart from Twelfth Night where he had played Orsino. I thought he was great in it, but not Bond villain material. And yes it's because I think noticeably younger, or rather noticeably younger looking villains are in comparison to Bond rarely work.

If it was a fact it would have been picked up by the big sites. When it was reported here the title read "rumour" and there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

That's easy to say if you don't know the source. And no, I won't tell you who the source is. FFS, man, I'm as tight lipped as Woodward and Bernstein ;) Listen, if you want to believe me, or @peter, that's your choice. At least we should count as mates of yours from the forums, and you could very well have some good faith and friendship. That's it. Some people around here do have contacts. I know this for a fact. I know who first revealed the name of the previous one to be SPECTRE, I know who had the bloody script, I know who's in touch with people from the production, I know these things because I don't come here to antagonize and alienate. Theses forums have been wonderful throughout the years because there are reliable people around here. Know who to trust and you'll have an inside scoop all the time. There are internet scavengers who are awesome for that alone, there are the ones who really know who's in the know, and then there are some who just come here to disrupt and tell you that the sky is falling. Know how to read people, and you'll have a blast around here. Cheers, mate.
    At least things are happening,and there are rumbles coming from EON and other sources,albeit tidbits at the moment.

Its a good feeling to know the key is in the ignition of B25 at least,even if it hasn't been turned yet.
  • octofinger wrote: »

It's relative. Yes, there have definitely been some leaks for Bond 25. With SPECTRE, you had *entire script drafts* showing up because of the Sony hacks. That was obviously an extremely unusual circumstance.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,692
    First trailer for ex-Bond 25 director Danny Boyle's new film, Yesterday:

Sigh I don’t mind Shatterhand but after five years another one word S title sigh
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Sigh I don’t mind Shatterhand but after five years another one word S title sigh
    Is that a leak or a rumor, I’m confused? :)
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,135
    First trailer for ex-Bond 25 director Danny Boyle's new film, Yesterday:

Dam, makes me wish what could have been. Say what you like about his films, but DB would've given B25 a real British flair.

I think its a great title.
    DoctorNo wrote: »

Well we wouldn't want that,would we..... ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    DoctorNo wrote: »

It’s confirmed by Production Weekly as the working title of B25, but films rarely keep their working titles. Shatterhand was also the working title for TND.
  • DoctorNo wrote: »

Leak is something real (or at least a possibility being considered). Rumor is generated by people who don't really know what's going on.
    Glad to see and learn rehearsals are under way.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Love the „Yesterday“ trailer... being a big Beatles fan (how can one not be?) I‘m gonna go and see it for sure.

Still don‘t like „Shatterhand“ as the title at all and hope it remains just a working title.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think people need to get over Boyle and quickly, because the last thing I wanna hear throughout this whole process is "It should have been Danny." Make your peace and move on. Fukunaga is gonna do a bloody good job. He deserves recognition and shouldn't be given the backhand because of someone that isn't involved anymore. Boyle may get his chance in the future, but for now, it's Fukunaga's time to shine.