No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Weird. Wonder why Babs hated him so much
    The story goes he was crafting something that departed from the bond character and lore. Babs wasn't keen on it and wanted P&W to oversee hodge , this is supposedly what made Boyle tick as well as his casting choices being shot down. When eon hired him it must not have been clear that babs gets the final say

Really?

The rumour I heard was that it was Boyle who was not happy with what EON wanted to do with the character. He is on the record I believe saying that as he'd read the books about a million times there were things he couldn't countenance doing with the character.

I think some interpreted this as him not being willing to kill Bond.

Rumours rumours. Maybe we will never know.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Yes the only confirmed statement from Boyle himself was he was more influenced by book bond rather than a Cinematic bond .
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    jake24 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Ok. But couldn't it just say: United Artists Returns. That would, at least, make us happy when reading it. And...it's factual.
    The possibility of a delay hasn't actually been debunked. I followed the situation quite closely and there are credible theories on both sides. April came from the film's DOP which is substantial enough in itself.

Like I said earlier, Sandgren may have simply gotten his own timeline mixed up, as can happen to us all. I don't think he said to Weintraub "We start shooting in April." Instead, he likely said, "We start shooting in a couple of months," not realizing he was already in February.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 677
    TripAces wrote: »
    Like I said earlier, Sandgren may have simply gotten his own timeline mixed up, as can happen to us all. I don't think he said to Weintraub "We start shooting in April." Instead, he likely said, "We start shooting in a couple of months," not realizing he was already in February.
    Wouldn't Weintraub have admitted if that was the case, though?

I don't personally believe right now that it is being pushed back, but I don't think jake24 is wrong to have that on the thread as a *possibility*, anyway. I mean, even rumors from reddit were posted on the list, and at least this is supposed to come from the DoP's mouth.

DoctorNo wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Weird. Wonder why Babs hated him so much
    The story goes he was crafting something that departed from the bond character and lore. Babs wasn't keen on it and wanted P&W to oversee hodge , this is supposedly what made Boyle tick as well as his casting choices being shot down. When eon hired him it must not have been clear that babs gets the final say
    Boyle also said publicly that he was beholden to the literary character so I can’t really see where he would be straying if that’s the case.
    The past has shown that like for literary Bond doesn´t mean an understanding congruent with the majority of the audience.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    In just 19 days filming will begin at Pinewood Studios.
    matt_u wrote: »
    +1
    Sounds good to me !
    Surely the 1st unit will be shooting in April, this allows time for Malek to finish Mr Robot and the 2nd until will get ahead of themselves and start filming in March.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    jake24 wrote: »
    Seems a bit extra, don't you think?

+1

Moderate rationalism has disintegrated on this forum.

Either there's someone screaming about Barbara Broccoli being a descendant of Satan - or someone is throwing their weight around and offering personal details to vindicate themselves.

People just need to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Surely the 1st unit will be shooting in April, this allows time for Malek to finish Mr Robot and the 2nd until will get ahead of themselves and start filming in March.

I feel Malek's schedule is workable.

Mr Robot is much more ensemble these days. There will be blocks of filming where they'll film whole segments with Portia Doubleday and Carly Chaikin, where Malek won't be required. Plus, both SP and SF worked 6-7 day productions. They could agree to get Malek back those days. Plus the show will go on hiatus during filming blocks.

It's tough to work around his schedule - but workable. I think Malek's agents know it's a good gig for him to get around the show (not too big or time-consuming but has maximum exposure) and Barbara gets a buzzy star.

Univex wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    +1

...and in 16 days we’ll know cast, crew and title!

I predict the chances of being Shatterhand are close to zero, even if I got used to it.
    Back in November 2014 Baz reported the official involvement of Waltz plus all the locations of the movie exactly 2 weeks before the SP press conference, so it's likely that we'll get some news by the end of this week.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I hope you're right @matt_u
    We could do with some news to talk about
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If we don’t get anything this week or next, then production has most likely been delayed a bit. But I am trusting those who have told me production is still set for March. Cannot wait for that press conference. It’ll be like Xmas morning.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Yes the only confirmed statement from Boyle himself was he was more influenced by book bond rather than a Cinematic bond .

That makes me sad. Literary Bond "a la" the one in Dr. No would be awesome. Tight setting, few characters, a bit of noir suspense and minimum action.

Then again, we live in era of superhero/MI/Kingsman grand action so...
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    If we don’t get anything this week or next, then production has most likely been delayed a bit. But I am trusting those who have told me production is still set for March. Cannot wait for that press conference. It’ll be like Xmas morning.

Indeed.

I'd love Shatterhand as the title, personally. One last great unused Fleming element. But the closer we get, the more and more I find myself leaning toward a guess that it will be an as-of-yet unused Craig era title idea. Once Upon a Spy and Nothing is Forever, particularly.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Just to confirm what we already knew: Daniel Craig WAS at the Grosvenor House after party https://www.theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2019/feb/11/baftas-i-crashed-timothee-chalamet-red-carpet

Now, look for him :)

3840.jpg?width=1010&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=dbb4773675ab02a7185560c46ac46d28

What's the grosvernor house after party?

Instead of where's Waldo its where's Daniel lol

Think I may have gone blind staring at that!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Apparently this picture was taken in April 2017.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    This forum the past 50 pages.
    aMYa8Wi.jpg
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The past has shown that like for literary Bond doesn´t mean an understanding congruent with the majority of the audience.
    When? There is a great misunderstanding of what literary Bond is. I’ll guess and say Dalton, but his performance wasn’t the character either, it was way more intense and humorless than literary Bond. It was Dalton’s take on literary Bond tailored for him; it’s closer to the character than what Moore became in terms of smirky or silly, but people inaccurately think of Dalton as the definitive literary character. Plus Craig is very close to Dalton if not more so in seriousness vein.

That’s why it’s curious to know what Boyle wanted... of course he may have just said it as slight of EON without meaning and it was really all about autonmy.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This forum the past 50 pages.
    aMYa8Wi.jpg

Perfect haha
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Indeed.

I'd love Shatterhand as the title, personally. One last great unused Fleming element. But the closer we get, the more and more I find myself leaning toward a guess that it will be an as-of-yet unused Craig era title idea. Once Upon a Spy and Nothing is Forever, particularly.

I always loved Once Upon a Spy as a title.

ifRC8SM.jpg

Indeed.

I always loved Once Upon a Spy as a title.

ifRC8SM.jpg

That is a good title,i must admit.
    I think the title should reference that it's Craig's last, if indeed it is. Nothing is Forever could work. Or All Good Things or something like that.
    I feel like if they go modern FRWL-style thriller, Once Upon a Spy plays well (you'd need a phrasal title for that type of film, I think. Something like "Shatterhand" is to focused on one element). But if the hook here is indeed that Craig's Bond dies, Nothing is Forever comes out ahead in the two.
    If he dies then i'm not going to see it...simple.
    barryt007 wrote: »

How will you know if you don't see it? ;)

How will you know if you don't see it? ;)

hahaha I will hear it on the grapevine,just as I did with M's death in SF .

Agree. I have no interest in seeing Bond die. Hopefully EON and Fukunaga have other ideas in mind!