No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

fjdinardo wrote: »

Plus didn't he film QOS & Defiance at the same time?

Defiance began production in September 2007, which was done so that Craig could be finished before going to shoot Quantum of Solace.
    Even if it is another 4 year wait then so be it. Right now we know nothing sadly except Mendes is not coming and right now I am fine to just enjoy my bondathon and discuss bond 25 when the odd rumor comes out
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If they start shooting by February 2018, then they're really starting to cut close, and I'm sure the last sort of Bond film Craig wants to shoot is one where they're pressed for time. I just don't see everything coming together on all fronts in time for him to get one out by 2018, if he were to even return.

But if they start shooting by November 2017, Bond 25 would come out in 2018.
    If they start shooting by February 2018, then they're really starting to cut close, and I'm sure the last sort of Bond film Craig wants to shoot is one where they're pressed for time. I just don't see everything coming together on all fronts in time for him to get one out by 2018, if he were to even return.

Maybe the can move the date to December 2018 then. I still think Craig can make it in time. And Bond 25 doesn't have to be a close to 3 hour movie. Make it a shorter film
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Maybe the can move the date to December 2018 then. I still think Craig can make it in time. And Bond 25 doesn't have to be a close to 3 hour movie. Make it a shorter film
    December 2018, the same month as Star Wars 8? Unlikely.
    jake24 wrote: »

Star Wars 8 is Dec 2017.

Avatar 2 is Dec 2018. That's the only compitition they would have to worry about and Avatar 2 is no way going to be as successful as the first one
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Star Wars 8 is Dec 2017.

Avatar 2 is Dec 2018. That's the only compitition they would have to worry about and Avatar 2 is no way going to be as successful as the first one
    Sorry, you're right.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    [edit]
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,372

Star Wars 8 is Dec 2017.

You never know. Nobody expected the first to make that kind of money, either, until a few weeks after its release. If Bond released alongside 'Avatar 2,' the former would be destroyed in key markets such as China or Japan.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The only Star Wars coming in 2018 is the Han Solo spin off, that is coming in May of that year.
    Craig is still Bond IMO. And with a Nov 2018 release he can still make it

Broadway, a movie, two seasons of a show, and 'Bond 25' in a little over two years? I wish I was as optimistic as you were.
    He just needs to be free for filming by January 2018 maybe even push it to February 2018 which can happen.

February would be doable. TND began shooting in April '97. It was tight, but the film was out in December.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Let's break this down. If a new Bond 2018 that means we're already 1/6 of the way there! If you take out the time they are making the film, that means we are now half way there!! Come on, we're on the backward slide now!!
    Are they even in confirmed preproduction yet?

It's not.

We're in exactly the same place we were a couple of days ago when it was all doom and gloom and it was going to be at least 2019 before we could even think about seeing another Bond film, or so it was said.

The only news we've gotten is something we already knew, which was that Mendes has claimed that he's not returning.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Craig is still Bond IMO. And with a Nov 2018 release he can still make it

Broadway, a movie, two seasons of a show, and 'Bond 25' in a little over two years? I wish I was as optimistic as you were.
    He just needs to be free for filming by January 2018 maybe even push it to February 2018 which can happen.

February would be doable. TND began shooting in April '97. It was tight, but the film was out in December.

Actually, the second unit began back in mid-January of that year, which gave them a bigger head start than starting it all in April. From what I've gathered, the main unit started on April Fool's Day.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Perhaps, had Spectre gotten to the Billion Dollar B.O. gross, I think Michael G. Wilson's claim to get the distributors announced "by February" would have been a reality. So, all we know now is that distributors will probably be announced "in late 2016", and Lord knows when we'll be getting the announcement for the director and the screenwriter(s).
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/30/james-bond-007-relevant-donald-trump-oligarchs
    For those outside the UK, Paul Mason is a political writer so dont take this too seriously, he is looking at our modern World through Bond's eyes. Interesting read, one of the few decent journos left.
    I agree that SPECTRE was a financial success, but there are degrees of success.

In the U.S., SPECTRE sold the fewest number of tickets of the Craig era (23 million), one movie after Skyfall sold the most (almost 38 million). The U.S. is only one market, of course, but it is a big one.

To use a more extreme example:

Warner Bros. says Batman v Superman turned a profit. But it's definitely a smaller profit than the studio expected, otherwise it wouldn't be making executive and producer changes for future DC Comics-based movies. (BvS will likely finish with a global box office below SPECTRE's).

Not all that important. Non-American money spends just as good as the stuff stateside.

dalton wrote: »

It's not.

We're in exactly the same place we were a couple of days ago when it was all doom and gloom and it was going to be at least 2019 before we could even think about seeing another Bond film, or so it was said.

The only news we've gotten is something we already knew, which was that Mendes has claimed that he's not returning.

Even you have to admit its looking a lot brighter now EON has got its skates on.

It's not.

Even you have to admit its looking a lot brighter now EON has got its skates on.

What has changed between the other day, when 2018 was deemed impossible by many, and now?

It's not.

What has changed between the other day, when 2018 was deemed impossible by many, and now?

Well, we know an awful lot more what EON is up to now, that's for sure. Even you will admit 2018 is looking brighter now?
    I dont see a problem with a november 17 startwith DC. The film can only be a smaller trole as it starts in fall and Othello in December. The tv during 17 until later 25 starts. Pretty hectic but doable, if you absolutely wanted to. I doubt he does. But possible, no question about it.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I dont see a problem with a november 17 startwith DC. The film can only be a smaller trole as it starts in fall and Othello in December. The tv during 17 until later 25 starts. Pretty hectic but doable, if you absolutely wanted to. I doubt he does. But possible, no question about it.

Yes, also you have to consider that the film will probably be a much less complication shoot this time, compared with SP. They could probably whip through it in under 6 months.

It's not.

Well, we know an awful lot more what EON is up to now, that's for sure. Even you will admit 2018 is looking brighter now?

2018 looks the same as it always did. It's a possibility, one that can be met if EON and MGM get the legal stuff taken care of by the end of 2016 or at the latest early 2017, which I've stated all along.

But, we've learned nothing in the past few days to indicate that it's more likely, or less likely. We've simply learned what we already knew, that Mendes claims he's not returning and that Barbara Broccoli runs EON. These were things already known to those who follow EON.
    I think if Craig wanted a break from the series, he's not going to be doing Broadway, a movie, a television show, and then Bond immediately after, especially if he was so exhausted after only shooting SP.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    And the possibility of another off-beat choice of Bond actor, which is intriguing, if he wasn't just openly speculating based on the history with the Craig casting, but rather, based on something he may be aware of behind the scenes regarding prospects.

It's not.

2018 looks the same as it always did. It's a possibility, one that can be met if EON and MGM get the legal stuff taken care of by the end of 2016 or at the latest early 2017, which I've stated all along.

But, we've learned nothing in the past few days to indicate that it's more likely, or less likely. We've simply learned what we already knew, that Mendes claims he's not returning and that Barbara Broccoli runs EON. These were things already known to those who follow EON.

And that EON are in advanced talks with other actors. Come on, now, admit it. Things are falling into place. Besides a big setback, 2018 is full steam ahead.
    Again in theory you could start filming in December whip Craig finishes up his other film and then he comes in January/February. Using the first month -2 months filling second unit stuff non bond scenes (the Villains talking M discussing things with Q or whatever) and then bring Craig in when he is ready. Of course if they use mine (and other fans) ideas of having The character of Gala Brand be the new 007 and have bond be brought in through Spectre kidnaping Swann then it could work what would be more interesting as I have stated before if there is a power struggle in Spectre with Blofeld being arrested by mi6 at the end of the film perhaps and I have said this before Blofeld could point out that there is someone far worse then him out there who is taken over Spectre Boneparte Igallio Gialla South African business comglomerete and interventional terrorist (played expertly by Idris Elba) then in theory you can film the brand M stuff maybe even an action sequence with her and the Mr. big stuff for much of December and January and then move production to say Hawaii to film Swann's kidnap with Bond there and (of course use Craig) and there you go...
    I'm not going to admit that something is there when it just isn't. "Advanced talks" mean nothing, since EON can't move on any Bond candidate until MGM settles its distributor negotiations. There can't be much, if any, movement on Bond 25 until the distributor issue is dealt with, and from all accounts that sounds like later this year.

The distributor, who will be putting up money, will insist on a say, even if it's not a definitive say, in who takes over the role and the direction of the franchise moving forward, just as Sony did when they took over.