No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    007Blofeld wrote: »

That’s just repeating the reddit post about B25 in Greece that’s already been mentioned
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Would love for our next bit of news to be the reveal of which Aston they’ll use this time around. Such beautiful cars.

The db11 is fantastic and I would love to see it in B25
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I guess I am in the minority here who doesn't want to see any fancy Aston car chase for a long time after SP Rome chase. By judging Cary I am expecting something in the rein's of your eyes only car chase.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

That’s just repeating the reddit post about B25 in Greece that’s already been mentioned

@AgentJamesBond007 ok didn't know if it was the same or different
  • Univex wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Could we be sane for a moment and discuss the real news here?

Rehearsals start tomorrow at Pinewood, where sets are already built!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the scouting crew is at Jamaica!

Aren't those reasons to rejoice and talk about?
    Real reasons?

Just a rumour at this stage.

None of that is a rumour. It's all fact. Although, we don't know what the scouting party is doing in Jamaica. The rest of it is quite true, as reported by archivo007, a quite reliable source.

I don't want to be a dick, but we should not tend to forget. A lot of things they shared turned out to be not that true. Maybe they're just too fast with publishing this info, as there's change everytime in the film business. Or they just misunderstood something or got wrong intel. As long as they don't have a second source it's really just a rumour.

btw, I know about Jamaica now from four sources (ok, one being peter).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Getafix wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

0BlDdvH.gif
    Her acting reminds me a lot of Winona Ryder.

She's good. A Fiona Volpe type?

Although have to say I've never seen anyone smoke like that.
    She oozes inner unsettlement. She´s much too dysballanced to be attractive in any way.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited February 2019 Posts: 732
    I find Emma Stone attractive but I can‘t see her in a Bond film. Compared to women like Marlohe, Kurylenko or Aterton she is just a different type of woman - less mature, so to say.

But since I was not a Craig supporter in 2005 and became a huge fan of his interpretation of the character since ... I‘d better keep my casting advices to myself - actors and actresses can surprise us big time if they are given a chance - maybe even playing against type.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm afraid I just see Olive Penderghast with a bit of make up trying to look sultry.

Same here. Nothing about her says Bond girl, IMO.
    If she really is cast, she obviously won't play one of the traditional Bond girl roles (love interest or femme fatale). By the way, I have been predicting for a long time that with Madeleine returning, Bond 25 won't have a traditional Bond girl.
    This is not About traditional or not, it´s About having a good actress who makes me want to look at her. Emma Stone is Nothing but annoying.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd be willing to put money on Emma Stone not being in Bond 26.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I’m sitting waiting to see Lady Gaga been announced as the B25 theme song performer.

I'd be happy with this.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    re: cast readings, etc.

There have definitely been examples during the Craig era when the cast got together ahead of the start of principal photography to read over a script. Bamigboye of the Daily Mail wrote a 2011 story about how Albert Finney had joined the cast of Skyfall. In the story, as I remember it, Mendes surprised the cast during a script reading and brought Finney in.

I recall reading somewhere that Skyfall was the first and only time that EOn organised a full cast read through and that it was at the behest of Mendes.

They for sure did one for SP too as Dave Bautista has openly talked about how impressive and slightly intimidating it was

I like Bautista but this doesn't reflect well on him given his number of lines.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,110
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    re: cast readings, etc.

There have definitely been examples during the Craig era when the cast got together ahead of the start of principal photography to read over a script. Bamigboye of the Daily Mail wrote a 2011 story about how Albert Finney had joined the cast of Skyfall. In the story, as I remember it, Mendes surprised the cast during a script reading and brought Finney in.

I recall reading somewhere that Skyfall was the first and only time that EOn organised a full cast read through and that it was at the behest of Mendes.

They for sure did one for SP too as Dave Bautista has openly talked about how impressive and slightly intimidating it was

I like Bautista but this doesn't reflect well on him given his number of lines.

I agree, like the guy in the orchestra whose job it is to clang the cymbals together one time.
    Remember that back in the day they shot underwater sequences in the Bahamas that weren’t actually set there (i.e. TSWLM, FYEO & TWINE), so as much as I would love them to actually have some of the story set in Jamaica, it is possible that it will be a stand in for somewhere else.

The hassle factor of filming in Jamaica would be high as there are lots of crime and security issues. If they are planning on filming there then it'll be because they want to feature Jamaica as a location. Using Fleming's house is an obvious one but I'd hope they would branch out a bit more and give us more of a sense of place.
    Remember that back in the day they shot underwater sequences in the Bahamas that weren’t actually set there (i.e. TSWLM, FYEO & TWINE), so as much as I would love them to actually have some of the story set in Jamaica, it is possible that it will be a stand in for somewhere else.

The hassle factor of filming in Jamaica would be high as there are lots of crime and security issues. If they are planning on filming there then it'll be because they want to feature Jamaica as a location. Using Fleming's house is an obvious one but I'd hope they would branch out a bit more and give us more of a sense of place.

Jamaica has no doubt changed a lot since the DN days too, so it would be interesting to see a modern Jamaica on screen.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Visited Jamaica a couple of years ago. Stunning natural beauty. Also a somewhat spiritual home for Bond.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Ah, the old new Bond film silly rumour season Hide & Seek...
    Cold, cold, very cold, cold, just cold.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Does this include Jamaica, Italy, Norway and Greece?
    @CatchingBullets
    He's not going back to Italy AGAIN , is he ?!
    What's cool is that, right now, they're down at Pinewood, reading the script around a round table, probably as we speak. And going around the newly built sets. Probably.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Greece, Italy (rumours but still)... if B25 is inspired by FYEO, I would be very happy.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    barryt007 wrote: »

Is that a problem? Can’t see any.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

If they are using Matera in Southern Italy it almost doubling for elsewhere, likely the middle East.
  • Ah, the old new Bond film silly rumour season Hide & Seek...

I suspect this may be correct in respect to the casting rumours. Both Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson are certainly inspired choices, but the source is questionable.

The biggest development is the Spanish fan-site’s claim that work has officially begun today on rehearsals. Let’s break it down:

1. Rehearsal Time

I think it’s important to remember some aspects of both Skyfall and Spectre’s productions. Firstly, Mendes came from the world of theatre and he requested a two week rehearsal period be built into filming. He also made sure that there was a script read-through – something that had never occurred on a Bond film before. There’s an interview on YouTube where Mendes expresses shock over this. I doubt that they are ready for cast rehearsals though – as they don’t seem to have one. Though, if they follow the Mendes timescale, they should start on the 18th Feb.

2. Stunt Training

We have seen heaps of behind-the-scenes videos of Craig in stunt training for past films. He is almost certainly beginning this now. I imagine, that is probably why he is back at Pinewood.

3. Costume and make-up tests

I guess this will be happening now. After all, Daniel Craig is very involved in the clothing choices. I guess they’d want to do this with the cast – but I suppose stand-in’s can be used for the meanwhile.

If (and it’s a big ‘If’) that Rami Malek and Emma Stone are in the film, they may be in London this week for the BAFTAs. So it make sense that they could stop by Pinewood for this. .
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets

I suspect this may be correct in respect to the casting rumours. Both Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson are certainly inspired choices, but the source is questionable.

The biggest development is the Spanish fan-site’s claim that work has officially begun today on rehearsals. Let’s break it down:

1. Rehearsal Time

I think it’s important to remember some aspects of both Skyfall and Spectre’s productions. Firstly, Mendes came from the world of theatre and he requested a two week rehearsal period be built into filming. He also made sure that there was a script read-through – something that had never occurred on a Bond film before. There’s an interview on YouTube where Mendes expresses shock over this. I doubt that they are ready for cast rehearsals though – as they don’t seem to have one. Though, if they follow the Mendes timescale, they should start on the 18th Feb.

2. Stunt Training

We have seen heaps of behind-the-scenes videos of Craig in stunt training for past films. He is almost certainly beginning this now. I imagine, that is probably why he is back at Pinewood.

3. Costume and make-up tests

I guess this will be happening now. After all, Daniel Craig is very involved in the clothing choices. I guess they’d want to do this with the cast – but I suppose stand-in’s can be used for the meanwhile.

If (and it’s a big ‘If’) that Rami Malek and Emma Stone are in the film, they may be in London this week for the BAFTAs. So it make sense that they could stop by Pinewood for this. .

The timeline of announcements on any given film or media project should not be aligned to previous titles. It doesn't work like that. Different films, different partners, different logistics, different circumstances, different personnel, and different timings. Also, just because nothing has been announced and in the public headline domain doesn't mean nothing is decided or locked down yet. No official declarations about A,B or C does not mean an A, a B and a C are not already involved.

Reported production contexts, timings and scheduling are not always the same as the real timings and scheduling.
    matt_u wrote: »

Is that a problem? Can’t see any.

It's not a problem,it's just that he has been there 3 out of the last 4 films.
    Shardlake wrote: »

If they are using Matera in Southern Italy it almost doubling for elsewhere, likely the middle East.

Aah,that's ok then.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Visited Jamaica a couple of years ago. Stunning natural beauty. Also a somewhat spiritual home for Bond.

Would be nice to see a cameo for Chris Blackwell. Music industry legend, location scout on DN and current owner of Goldeneye (Having bought it from a certain Bob Marley in the late 70s). Fleming 'knew'his mother rather well apparently.
    Roadphill wrote: »

Would be nice to see a cameo for Chris Blackwell. Music industry legend, location scout on DN and current owner of Goldeneye (Having bought it from a certain Bob Marley in the late 70s). Fleming 'knew'his mother rather well apparently.
    I doubt that they are ready for cast rehearsals though
    Well, if archivo007 is correct, the cast is rehearsing at this very moment.
    That'd be him. Would make a great 'ally' on the ground in Jam.