No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I hope Waltz and Blodeld both won‘t appear in the movie ... but still have high hopes for a return of Felix Leiter / Jeffrey Wright.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    As much as I hate reporters badgering actors for questions they can't answer, I hope someone asks Stone or Johnson about these rumours at some point soon.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,161
    Denbigh wrote: »
    As much as I hate reporters badgering actors for questions they can't answer, I hope someone asks Stone or Johnson about these rumours at some point soon.

You can usually tell by their reaction if there is any truth to the rumour. Any sign of tensing up, its a dead giveaway!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »

You can usually tell by their reaction if there is any truth to the rumour. Any sign of tensing up, its a dead giveaway!

Exactly. Also, I know I've been very vocal about how Stone shouldn't be a Bond girl, but I just read an article with British Vogue, and the images in that article are making think a little bit differently haha :D

shot_04_088_v3_qc.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,883
    She's good looking but also very distinctive. I think that may limit her options going forward. After a while she may run the risk of standing out from the roles she plays irrespective of her talent, again imho. I feel that way about Angelina Jolie and to a degree, Eva Green.

Some actresses (like Cate Blanchett) just blend and disappear into their roles. I don't see Stone as one of these types.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I strongly disagree. If the craig continuity had been successful I might feel differently. However, it was not successful, and I don’t see any reason for bond to adhere to continuity any more than previously. Doing so severely limits the creative potential of bond 25, and my expectations will correspondingly drop to the gutter if waltz returns. Spectre is bottom 5, and it makes absoltely no sense to continue from it in the next film. It’s like making a direct sequel of DAD or AVTAK.

Bond fans must face the fact that nobody cares about each own personal perception. Plus, Bond fans should accept the fact that there is a difference between mere personal expectations and logic. Personally I feel exactly the opposite about you about regarding this topic here - "SP is top 5 and the Craig continuity had been successful" - and speaking about logic, bringing back some characters (like Madeleine) for the sequel doesn't mean they're making the same movie all over again. We still don't have any idea about her role. So what's the problem? There's a new director that will sure bring something truly different from Mendes.

Quite. I'm no fan of SP, and it's way down on my list too, but I don't see any reason to be so negative about any of these rumours/confirmations.

Fukanaga couldn't be any more different to Sam Mendes.

Another reason it makes no sense.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    matt_u wrote: »
    I strongly disagree. If the craig continuity had been successful I might feel differently. However, it was not successful, and I don’t see any reason for bond to adhere to continuity any more than previously. Doing so severely limits the creative potential of bond 25, and my expectations will correspondingly drop to the gutter if waltz returns. Spectre is bottom 5, and it makes absoltely no sense to continue from it in the next film. It’s like making a direct sequel of DAD or AVTAK.

Bond fans must face the fact that nobody cares about each own personal perception. Plus, Bond fans should accept the fact that there is a difference between mere personal expectations and logic. Personally I feel exactly the opposite about you about regarding this topic here - "SP is top 5 and the Craig continuity had been successful" - and speaking about logic, bringing back some characters (like Madeleine) for the sequel doesn't mean they're making the same movie all over again. We still don't have any idea about her role. So what's the problem? There's a new director that will sure bring something truly different from Mendes.

Quite. I'm no fan of SP, and it's way down on my list too, but I don't see any reason to be so negative about any of these rumours/confirmations.

Well of course it's not going to make sense at the moment. The film hasn't been made yet. It will likely end up making perfect sense, if you're willing to be open to it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    According to JamesBondDownunder there is another local article that reports that Christoph Waltz will return as blofeld, Anybody know where that article is?

Just to clarify things, the first italian newspaper that mentioned Matera as a "highly likely" filming location was the most important one in Italy (so not a local one) and in that article they also spoke about a Waltz return alongside Whishaw. Here's the link: https://corrieredelmezzogiorno.corriere.it/bari/spettacoli/19_febbraio_02/a-matera-avventure-james-bond-sara-sassi-set-nuovo-007-29e7d088-26de-11e9-83bc-98673c529150.shtml

The local newspaper that reported further details about Matera - like April 7 as the start of filming and the exact places part of the deal - came out with the scoop 5 hours after the other one posted above. In the same article they spoke about Stone and Johnson as "potential" Bond girls, but nothing about Waltz.

EDIT: I wouldn't trust those rumors about the casting choices. Sounds just like speculation, while Matera as a location seems more credible, since they report a lot of details.

Yeah, but they themselves acknowledge that Waltz's return is just a speculation on their part (they say "in via ufficiosa", not "in via ufficiale").
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Ok let's entertain this ridiculous rumor that Emma Stone will be in a Bond film for a second, the only way i could accept that is if she plays an evil b**** like Xenia, lol

I think she got that in her, to go over the top, and she has a bit of an Viona Volpe look to her.

emma-jean-stone-poses-for-a-sexy-picture-201706-1516624402.jpg
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited February 2019 Posts: 252
    Casting Lea Sedoux means the story will be somehow connected to SPETRE. On the other hand I can‘t see a connected story without Blofeld since he is the head of that organisation. If they keep Blofeld to the PTS they could show him without a face like in the old films. They don‘t have to cast Waltz for that. Maybe a PTS like this: Bond left MI6 to live with Swann. Blofeld escapes, SECTRE kills Swann. Bond kills Blofeld and returns to MI6 since it‘s the only world he‘s familiar with. End of PTS, start of a new story.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343

Since we don’t have any idea about how they will handle the characters, at the moment the only nonsense is complaining just for the sake of complaining. Plus, neither Madeleine or Blofeld were particularly developed by Mendes, so theorically there could be a lot of space for further development by Fukunaga. Personally I think Waltz won’t come back, but it is just a feeling of mine.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Ok let's entertain this ridiculous rumor that Emma Stone will be in a Bond film for a second, the only way i could accept that is if she plays an evil b**** like Xenia, lol

I think she got that in her, to go over the top, and she has a bit of an Viona Volpe look to her.

Totally agree.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I like Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson but I can't visualize them in a Bond film. Those above pictures of Stone help though.
    I think the only one true bit of info on the last days was that rehearsals are about to start tomorrow and that Jamaica will feature in the film. That's about it. And what wonderful news these are.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Again, I think Stone and Johnson are a reach at this point. My strong opinion against them being in the film has diluted slightly, but I just think it's not possible. If the info about the rehearsals starting tomorrow is true, then Stone is a very busy woman. She was spotted filming Zombieland 2 yesterday...

9323942-0-image-m-86_1549160434764.jpg

...and Dakota Johnson was spotted in New York today, and is filming a new project with Jason Segel next month.
    Univex wrote: »
    I think the only one true bit of info on the last days was that rehearsals are about to start tomorrow and that Jamaica will feature in the film. That's about it. And what wonderful news these are.

True. The casting rumors I can’t put a lot of stock in. Still, how exciting to know tomorrow is basically the start of the action! We’ll hear so much more this month.

Totally agree.
    +2. I can see her doing nasty very well.

I'm pretty sure it ain't happening though.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Perhaps Stone is Bond's daughter - akin to Logan. I'm certain she's playing an English character after Eon saw The Favourite
    Somebody shoot me. Please, make it quick.

I usually hate killing an unarmed man. Cold-blooded murder is a filthy business.

SeanCraig wrote: »
    I hope Waltz and Blodeld both won‘t appear in the movie ... but still have high hopes for a return of Felix Leiter / Jeffrey Wright.

Agreed. Felix has been underutilized.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle. Had Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson not been cast, Barbara Broccoli now will have to cast them. She has no choice!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle. Had Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson not been cast, Barbara Broccoli now will have to cast them. She has no choice!

Is this a serious comment or another dig at Broccoli?
  • There's a very real chance that if Emma Stone is cast, she could play the MI6 agent - AND that she'll eventually be given a spin-off film. Though, I'm really really getting carried away, as this is just a tiny rumour we are probably blowing out of proportion.

Though she certainly would be a very credible and bankable leading lady. You could have her be 008 - you can keep Fiennes and Whishaw - perhaps even let Fukunaga direct the spin-off, or even Reed Morano as she is currently working on another Eon project.

Seems feasible - especially in this new 'cinematic universe' era we're in. Plus, Eon aren't shy about spin-offs they tried with Wai Lin and got very close with Jinx.

For those who complain about the lack of movies - it also would help.

I also have to agree that the British Vogue photos have convinced me that Emma Stone would be terrific. she has an old-school, sultry glamour.

shot_06_039_v4_qc.jpg

shot_03_057_v4_qc.jpg
    I'm afraid I just see Olive Penderghast with a bit of make up trying to look sultry.
    I'm afraid I just see Olive Penderghast with a bit of make up trying to look sultry.

Same here. Nothing about her says Bond girl, IMO.
  • matt_u wrote: »

Since we don’t have any idea about how they will handle the characters, at the moment the only nonsense is complaining just for the sake of complaining. Plus, neither Madeleine or Blofeld were particularly developed by Mendes, so theorically there could be a lot of space for further development by Fukunaga. Personally I think Waltz won’t come back, but it is just a feeling of mine.

Totally agree.

I meant that it would make no sense for bond 25 to be like SP. I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining, but about the possibility of bond 25 being a direct sequel to SP, which is a legitimate critique, and obviously has not yet been established (since I'll surely be accused of assuming that it will be).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619

If she really is cast, she obviously won't play one of the traditional Bond girl roles (love interest or femme fatale). By the way, I have been predicting for a long time that with Madeleine returning, Bond 25 won't have a traditional Bond girl.

If she really is cast, she obviously won't play one of the traditional Bond girl roles (love interest or femme fatale). By the way, I have been predicting for a long time that with Madeleine returning, Bond 25 won't have a traditional Bond girl.

I predict that Bond 25 will have a circus scene, with Daniel Craig fighting a tiger.
    MooreFun wrote: »

I predict that Bond 25 will have a circus scene, with Daniel Craig fighting a tiger.
    Don't be so quick to dismiss my predicition. I started predicting that Medailaine will return but Blofeld won't over a year ago. Back then people here were saying that it was utter nonsense. It seems I was right.
    MooreFun wrote: »

I can't see a tiger as a traditional Bond girl. Besides, he's been a contact in Japan already. And another circus scene ala OP? No, been there done that. Although, it would be nice to see Danny say: Siiiiiiiiiiittt!, only using his little finger instead of pointing upwards.

This is a silly affair. Carry - the Fukunaga - on!

IT1QQeZ.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist a patented Stone meme.

If she's cast, the least she can do is give us a classic from the film to post for posterity. She's a master.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677

IT1QQeZ.gif

If she's cast, the least she can do is give us a classic from the film to post for posterity. She's a master.
    giphy.gif
    Univex wrote: »

IT1QQeZ.gif

giphy.gif
    Another one of her greatest hits. I'm warming to her already.