No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    It really does suck how little we know at this point. I know it's quite selfish but you'd think they'd give us something to get excited. Hopefully we'll get a little teaser image tomorrow?
    So southern Italy as another location hey? With potential Jamaica and Norway as well as London too. If all true? That sounds like things are shaping up.

As for the alleged Bond girls? I will reserve judgement on that. Love the build up to filming as you never know what you may well wake up too?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It really does suck how little we know at this point. I know it's quite selfish but you'd think they'd give us something to get excited. Hopefully we'll get a little teaser image tomorrow?
    It sort of increases the anticipation, which is a good thing in my book. The lack of detail keeps things interesting, and is the opposite to the deluge that preceded SP (sometimes unintentionally).

I plan on exiting the thread after the presser, because I'd rather be in the dark up until the release date, to the extent that I can be at least. I'm going to try to avoid trailers as well (it worked for MI: Fallout, where I closed my eyes like an idiot in theatres where the trailers showed in advance).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    bondjames wrote: »
    It sort of increases the anticipation, which is a good thing in my book. The lack of detail keeps things interesting, and is the opposite to the deluge that preceded SP (sometimes unintentionally).

I plan on exiting the thread after the presser, because I'd rather be in the dark up until the release date, to the extent that I can be at least. I'm going to try to avoid trailers as well (it worked for MI: Fallout, where I closed my eyes like an idiot in theatres where the trailers showed in advance).

I can understand wanting to do that. Honestly, I wish I could, but I know wouldn't be able to succeed. My brain just likes to analyse and tear apart, it's probably the scriptwriting student coming out in me haha

I would just like something, even if it's a picture of the front of the script that reads, 'Bond 25' by Neal, Robert and Cary, just so we know things are ticking, but again that's just my selfish creative brain that wants to jump over the gate and play in the grass :)

I can understand wanting to do that. Honestly, I wish I could, but I know wouldn't be able to succeed. My brain just likes to analyse and tear apart, it's probably the scriptwriting student coming out in me haha

I would just like something, even if it's a picture of the front of the script that reads, 'Bond 25' by Neal, Robert and Cary, just so we know things are ticking, but again that's just my selfish creative brain that wants to jump over the gate and play in the grass :)
    I can appreciate that. We are very close to a lot of information coming forward, so not long to wait now! You will be spoiled shortly.
    Just think - story synopsis, main cast, locations (hopefully they are London, Norway, Jamaica, and Italy - that would be a killer collection), composer, and title are all probably on the way within a month! It has been way too long.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Another hour, another location rumour! Someone on reddit is claiming Greece will likely be another shooting location. More specifically, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.

"So, Greece is scheduled to host a part of the film as well. I am not sure how extended the scene is but it is most definitely substantial as EON was negotiating during the summer with the SNFCC in Athens to use their location. The SNFCC is a huge cultural center that hosts Greece's National Library and National Opera as well as a big park and canal. It is a fantastic location. I haven't had the opportunity to follow the negotiations until their outcome but i know that the SNFCC's management were very positive and willing to make it happen so my guess is that most likely it is a done deal. I am not under an NDA but people i know took part in the negotiations so don't ask me about my sources."
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/amkycw/since_everyone_is_leaking_info_about_the_next/

I don't know what to believe anymore...
    EDIT: Since they guy mentioned the negotiations took place last summer, I'm thinking this was going to be a shooting location before Boyle was fired, but isn't anymore.
    That would have been back when Boyle was on board though... may have changed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Another hour, another location rumour! Someone on reddit is claiming Greece will likely be another shooting location. More specifically, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.

"So, Greece is scheduled to host a part of the film as well. I am not sure how extended the scene is but it is most definitely substantial as EON was negotiating during the summer with the SNFCC in Athens to use their location. The SNFCC is a huge cultural center that hosts Greece's National Library and National Opera as well as a big park and canal. It is a fantastic location. I haven't had the opportunity to follow the negotiations until their outcome but i know that the SNFCC's management were very positive and willing to make it happen so my guess is that most likely it is a done deal. I am not under an NDA but people i know took part in the negotiations so don't ask me about my sources."
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/amkycw/since_everyone_is_leaking_info_about_the_next/

I don't know what to believe anymore...

I think we're just getting all the places the location scouters have visited. At this point, it's safe to say, Norway is the only "concrete" location in Bond 25. Although, saying that, it could all change.

Or like FoxRox said, it's from when Boyle was on the project.
  • A poster from Italy in another forum I go to says Fukunaga for sure visited Matera three months ago. Just FWIW.
    Also, archivo007 is claiming that they have heard from their source in London that the press conference will be held at the end of THIS month. Not a huge shock, but nice to hear a semi-confirmation.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I WISH they would film in Greece.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also, archivo007 is claiming that they have heard from their source in London that the press conference will be held at the end of THIS month. Not a huge shock, but nice to hear a semi-confirmation.

So glad we're in the shortest month of the year :)
    Well that is an incredibly beautiful and modern structure. I certainly hope they film something there at least.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Well that is an incredibly beautiful and modern structure. I certainly hope they film something there at least.

Designed by the great Renzo Piano.
    matt_u wrote: »

Designed by the great Renzo Piano.
    That explains it. Quite stunning.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Agreed. I hope production ends up filming there, though it's doubtful the location survived Boyle's departure. Still, there's something pretty Bondian about it:

p30-Pic-1.jpg
    Imagine how cool that would look with Sandgren’s cinematography.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is there a link? Can't seem to find this.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    jake24 wrote: »

I think they're basing this off the part of the article below that says:

"The official press conference will arrive in the last two weeks of February."

Although I don't know how someone would know this information. Again, I understand these people knowing about locations, but I don't get the casting choices and announcement dates. Pure speculation me thinks.

https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2831-arranca-bond-25-en-pinewood
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588

I think they're basing this off the part of the article that says "The official press conference will arrive in the last two weeks of February."

https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2831-arranca-bond-25-en-pinewood
    Makes sense, thanks.
    He wrote that in the AJB forum's Bond 25 thread.
  • bondbat007 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    re: cast readings, etc.

There have definitely been examples during the Craig era when the cast got together ahead of the start of principal photography to read over a script. Bamigboye of the Daily Mail wrote a 2011 story about how Albert Finney had joined the cast of Skyfall. In the story, as I remember it, Mendes surprised the cast during a script reading and brought Finney in.

I recall reading somewhere that Skyfall was the first and only time that EOn organised a full cast read through and that it was at the behest of Mendes.

They for sure did one for SP too as Dave Bautista has openly talked about how impressive and slightly intimidating it was

A full cast read through with Hinx?

Easiest payday ever for Bautista.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    This month is gonna feel like 28 weeks rather than 28 days. No pun intended Boyle ;)

Looking for Bond 25 news like...

ptPfo.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bond Time 8:11 AM.

Okay, wrong thread.
    I wonder, when exactly are they planning to be filming in Jamaica? The Caribbean hurricane season starts on the 1st of June...
    If I had to guess it's going to be London, Norway , Greece & Italy. That number of locations , bond is definitely on a mission in this film. How would everyone feel if it's to track down oberhauser sgain
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    Remember that back in the day they shot underwater sequences in the Bahamas that weren’t actually set there (i.e. TSWLM, FYEO & TWINE), so as much as I would love them to actually have some of the story set in Jamaica, it is possible that it will be a stand in for somewhere else.
    NB: a film can be a direct sequel to another film while being an aesthetic departure and thematic rebuke to its predecessor. Star Wars for one has done this repeatedly.
    Would love for our next bit of news to be the reveal of which Aston they’ll use this time around. Such beautiful cars.