No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    RC7 wrote: »
    If SF is as shite as people make out, we’ve become a very odious group of fans. We can single out the instances of wankery until the cows come home, I have indulged in that myself, but it’s a very worthy chapter in the series with an incredible level of craft.

100% agreed
    I have loved SF ever since it came out, and I don’t imagine it slipping out of my Top 10 anytime soon. SP retconning aside, it’s a perfectly good standalone film in Craig’s tenure. Mendes did so much better with SF than SP. I know SF has a fair amount of detractors here, but I love almost everything about that film. I personally will be quite thrilled with Bond 25 if it can reach or come close to that quality. But of course everyone has a different idea of what makes for a good Bond film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If SF is as shite as people make out, we’ve become a very odious group of fans. We can single out the instances of wankery until the cows come home, I have indulged in that myself, but it’s a very worthy chapter in the series with an incredible level of craft.

It's a good movie but it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread like people make it out to be.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    This is no doubt going to be one of the most infamous what ifs in bond history the fact we were this close to seeing a Danny Boyle bond film and never got there
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,286
    Films can be as technical masterpieces as the directors like, but as long as I can't get along with the story, underlying themes, and more importantly be entertained enough to watch through the films in one sitting, then I can't say I like them. This is my experiences with SF and SP.

Hope Bond 25 won't be similar.
    I hate to admit it but fallout makes the last two Mendes films look really weak mainly in regards to action. Craig is going to have to train hard one last time to deliver some of his own stunts for the next one or it will be looked on as subpar imo.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    When Nolan talked about Bond last year, he said:

"...but with anything like that you would have to be needed. Those guys are doing fantastically well on their own."

Well, they are NOT doing so fantastically well anymore, are they? Nolan is very much needed.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I dont mind the DB5 in SF because at least it has a purpose,a reason for being there,in that it gets Bond to Skyfall,blasts loads of mercenaries to oblivion,and gets blown to crap by Silva because he knows how much it means to Bond.

I nearly fell out of my seat laughing at that moment. The dramatic music and look of concern on Bond's face because of the death of his car (!!) is beyond ludicrous. Another reason why I can't stand SF.

So? In the Fleming books Bond loved is personal car. It was his only (healthy) hobby. He would be mad to see his Blower Bentley being blown off by a villain. How is that any different? As far as I know, the lotus and the db10, along with the DBS and others were his company cars, not his own car, which he won (in Craig's timeline) in Jamaica from Dimitrios (side of the steering wheel not relevant). The DB5 in SF is one of my favourite things in that film. That and the Skyfall bit. And I'm not the biggest fan of that film (scooby gang and tintin hair nearly kills it for me).

Back to Bond 25 ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

"...but with anything like that you would have to be needed. Those guys are doing fantastically well on their own."

Well, they are NOT doing so fantastically well anymore, are they? Nolan is very much needed.

Your friendly reminder that Nolan will never direct a Bond film. :D
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 6,677

This
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Cashley is back saying Bennett Miller is in talks....
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/9a6kft/bennett_miller_in_talks/

This guy again seriously?!

Why would he even post? He basically told us he was spreading false information.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And the chance of an American directing is slim, no?
    peter wrote: »
    And the chance of an American directing is slim, no?

He probably doesn't even know about that Eon rule. What a hack. But the comments below his are hilarious. One says Bond 25's star, Benedict Cumberbatch, vetoed something... And so on. No one believes this guy anymore. And rightfully so.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,400

Mate, this isn't the most necessary post. you're really guilty of spamming and hyperbole.

Chill. I don't need to read quotes from a year ago and all cap messages. It's way too excessive.

Mate, this isn't the most necessary post. you're really guilty of spamming and hyperbole.

Chill. I don't need to read quotes from a year ago and all cap messages. It's way too excessive.
    His comment from a year ago are now more relevant than ever, that's why I posted it again. And when did I ever post an ALL cap message?
    @PanchitoPistoles, out of curiosity, would you like a Nolan directed film starring Aidan Turner to happen at some point?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Forster? No I would not want him back. And I think not at all likely anyway: Why would they want to hire the same director that made one of the lesser (though still successful enough) Bond films? They either want the previous film's director if it was a smash hit (Skyfall) OR a new director.

Deakins I would really love to have back, though.

I have positive feelings about Nolan as a director of a Bond film, but he is not in the mix at all now, I think.

My ideal returning crew would include Craig, Deakins, Forster, and Jeffrey Wright. I’m open to more possibilities of course but I personally would love to see them return for Bond 25.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My ideal returning crew would include Craig, Deakins, Forster, and Jeffrey Wright. I’m open to more possibilities of course but I personally would love to see them return for Bond 25.
    +1
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    @peter I'm wondering what's happening to the crew that was already hired, especially Mark Tildesley and the cinematographer who is very likely Anthony Dod Mantle. What do you think?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    We have no word on hired crew change yet. I think Peter mentioned that.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Let’s jump off to May 2019, the first Bond 25 teaser trailer is released. This forum goes wild, our main man is back in action.
    Aiden Turner for Bond? Are people having a laugh? Fake news in the words of the fat orange man with fake hair in the white house.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Aiden Turner for Bond? Are people having a laugh? Fake news in the words of the fat orange man with fake hair in the white house.

And he'd still be better than Turner.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @PanchitoPistoles , I’m assuming some who are loyal to Boyle may eventually leave. But I also have to assume, like anyone in production, Bond is an amazing project that keeps them working for most of this year (and why piss off producers who you want to work with in the future? After all, these guys and gals ain’t A-list Oscar winning directors who can just skate-off and be okay. These are the workers who make the magic happen behind the scenes; the faceless and anonymous creatives.

If there was a mass exodus with Boyle, I think we would have heard about it by now.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Cashley is back saying Bennett Miller is in talks....
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/9a6kft/bennett_miller_in_talks/

This would be fun since he had a great run with moneyball after replacing Soderbergh for something very similar to what it's happening with Bond
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Let’s jump off to May 2019, the first Bond 25 teaser trailer is released. This forum goes wild, our main man is back in action.

Don’t get my hopes up like that.

All of these directors outside of the last 3 to direct have me thinking about their action experience. Boyle was included as well. What sort of vision and experience would they bring since their films have not included anything besides drama?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    So with Vallee declining, it shoul be either Demange or MacKenzie, right?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few other names on this list...