No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The Sun are now running an 'exclusive' which breaks down why Danny Boyle left the production.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7079083/daniel-craig-danny-boyle-clashes/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSun:TwLink,noimage:Question:ShowbizandTV

- Danny Boyle grew frustrated after numerous clashes with Daniel Craig.
    - Apparently, Daniel Craig is a diva and can't get on with anybody. Supposedly, his relationship with Mendes entirely broke down on SP.
    - the film will be delayed till 2020 and because Craig is growing restless, he'll probably resign too.
    BS
    Honestly until we get more official news, we should just assume these articles are BS. It’s all speculation beyond us knowing Boyle is now gone.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 727
    It's funny how tabloid trash bait hooks this community every, single time.
    It’s fun to speculate for sure, but important to remember we don’t have many facts right now.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Troubled film productions. Cinema is littered with them. Casablanca. Apocalypse Now. Blade Runner. American Graffiti. Mad Max: Fury Road. The Wizard of Oz.

Or to put it another way, the stuff that dreams (and great Bond films) are made of. Films in production, I mean.

And BOND 25 is.

MalteseFalcon2.png
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Troubled film productions. Cinema is littered with them. Casablanca. Apocalypse Now. Blade Runner. American Graffiti. Mad Max: Fury Road. The Wizard of Oz.

Or to put it another way, the stuff that dreams (and great Bond films) are made of. Films in production, I mean.

And BOND 25 is.

MalteseFalcon2.png

YES!!!!!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    It’s amusing to think that pancho assumes Saltzman and Cubby were brilliant...I would argue while they were smart they were more lucky then brilliant... extremely lucky
    Saltzman and Broccoli were brilliant... as a collaborative team. To say that they were “lucky” is, quite frankly, bovine. It was a well-oiled machine compared to what happens today.

Creative differences implies a clash of egos that couldn’t be resolved. Whatever the clash was, Boyle is gone now, and most likely Hodge as well. I think someone else said it better here, that this most likely happened a few weeks ago and the statement has been delayed to pave the way for further news on the changes to come. Maybe even Steven Soderbergh has been approached? Who know, but it won’t be Danny Boy anymore.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    talos7 wrote: »
    If Craig leaves then forget 3rd December for start of shooting. Even if he stays can they knock the Purvis/Wade script into shape and have a competent director in place to meet the 3rd December deadline? Also the production has been geared around the Hodges script, the Purvis/Wade script is unrelated..........big change of direction for the production.

But do we want that?
    At the end of the day I want a good bond film and this whole rushing thing can’t be can it?
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Well, Hemsworth can't act, can't carry a movie, and has no box office draw if he's not playing Thor.

Other than that -- no, I have no doubts.

Obviously we have different appraisals. Lol.

Isn’t he Australian?
    We know how that went last time...
    You are kidding. right? So ALL Australians are the same? It was because he was an Aussie that Lazenby didn’t ultimately work out?
    Actually, considering his virtual lack of any acting experience, he was quite good; had he done more films, he would have grown into the rol nicely.

No but in the same way a black shouldn’t play bond, I don’t think an American/ Australian should either.

Australia is in the commonwealth.

So is Bangladesh.
    Doesn’t mean that the country should qualify for bond actors

Britain is filled with suave British Asians. An Asian bond is more realistic than a black bond.
    Charlize Theron is an African American. Country of origin doesn’t always dictate appearance.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American
    She is a naturalized American citizen.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlize-theron-glad-to-be-a-us-citizen/
    If Craig leaves then forget 3rd December for start of shooting. Even if he stays can they knock the Purvis/Wade script into shape and have a competent director in place to meet the 3rd December deadline? Also the production has been geared around the Hodges script, the Purvis/Wade script is unrelated..........big change of direction for the production.

But do we want that?
    At the end of the day I want a good bond film and this whole rushing thing can’t be can it?
    Well, Hemsworth can't act, can't carry a movie, and has no box office draw if he's not playing Thor.

Isn’t he Australian?
    You are kidding. right? So ALL Australians are the same? It was because he was an Aussie that Lazenby didn’t ultimately work out?
    Actually, considering his virtual lack of any acting experience, he was quite good; had he done more films, he would have grown into the rol nicely.

No but in the same way a black shouldn’t play bond, I don’t think an American/ Australian should either.

So is Bangladesh.

Britain is filled with suave British Asians. An Asian bond is more realistic than a black bond.
    Charlize Theron is an African American. Country of origin doesn’t always dictate appearance.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

'Charlize Theron (born 7 August 1975) is a South African and American actress and film producer.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlize_Theron

Okay, she’s still not an African American or her Wikipedia would read as such.
    She’s an A f r I c a n

African American refers to something else

She is African American. Period. Sorry you had to learn this only now but being an african-american is not a matter of skin colour but a matter of citizenships.

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

'Charlize Theron (born 7 August 1975) is a South African and American actress and film producer.'

She’s an A f r I c a n

Well. I know what the general meaning of African American is; my initial post was meant to be tongue in cheek. But the fact is that she has duel citizenship, both in Africa and the United States; that makes her an African American.

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

She is African American. Period. Sorry you had to learn this only now but being an african-american is not a matter of skin colour but a matter of citizenships.

African American is a race in America. She cannot become African American. She would have to be born one and she wasn’t. He race is Caucasian. However she is African in that she has citizenship and was born there, so she’s african in that sense. But on a literal level, there is no way for her to be African American because she wasn’t born in America, hence she would just be african. So she would be the first african bond or whatever. The fact that she now has American citizenship doesn’t change that
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,970

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

Well. I know what the general meaning of African American is; my initial post was meant to be tongue in cheek. But the fact is that she has duel citizenship, both in Africa and the United States; that makes her an African American.

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

African American is a race in America. She cannot become African American. She would have to be born one and she wasn’t. He race is Caucasian. However she is African in that she has citizenship and was born there, so she’s african in that sense. But on a literal level, there is no way for her to be African American because she wasn’t born in America, hence she would just be african. So she would be the first african bond or whatever. The fact that she now has American citizenship doesn’t change that

Oh my, I realize that this discussion doesn’t belong here so this will be me last post dealing with it.
    African American is not s race; it is a label placed on an individual who’s nationalities are both African and American. There are 3 races on this planet, African American ain’t one of them.
    Sigh...
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

Oh my, I realize that this discussion doesn’t belong here so this will be me last post dealing with it.
    African American is not s race; it is a label placed on an individual who’s nationalities are both African and American. There are 3 races on this planet, African American ain’t one of them.
    Sigh...

I think this could be a mix up due to our location in the world because in America it is a race, I’m thinking it may not be where ever you are, it may not be counted as one.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

And BOND 25 is.

MalteseFalcon2.png

I'm pretty sure OHMSS was a troubled production. That turned out okay.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    We are WAY OFF TOPIC with this Charlize Theron/race stuff. And I thought it was crazy enough on this thread. Keep calm folks, there's always other James Bond material to enjoy!
    The thing to remember is that Danny Boyle was a few weeks away from turning six when Dr. No was released. The franchise is far bigger than any one director.
    On topic... I suspect by the end of September we will know more official news, potentially a new director and/or a delay.

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

Sigh...

I think this could be a mix up due to our location in the world because in America it is a race, I’m thinking it may not be where ever you are, it may not be counted as one.

Ok this is really the last .
    While generally associated with an individual with black skin, who lives in America, African American is not a race...anywhere on this planet. There are 3 races. Negroid, Mongoloid and Caucasoid. Anything else is a nationality or
    ethnicity which can be made up of a race or a combination of races.
    As far as where I live, New Orleans, which is 70% black
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Seriously guys, totally off-topic.

I say we all remain calm until we hear something substantial regarding the situation.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Seriously guys, totally off-topic.

I say we all remain calm until we hear something substantial regarding the situation.

Yep, I realize. I started it with a snarky initial comment that snowballed. My apologies. Time to move on.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TripAces wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    TROO7 wrote:
    Whoa. This is the first I'm hearing of Craig having disputes with Campbell. What happened there?

This came up earlier in the thread (I'll see if I can find the post and add it here as an edit). Basically Campbell was a strict taskmaster on CR, and Craig did not like his approach. Campbell wanted to direct QOS but was not asked back; he suspects it was because of Craig.

This was not reported by the press -- it was included in a Facebook post by someone in the industry who spoke to Campbell at an event, so make of that what you will.

Look at that...if this is to be believed... then Craig disappointingly comes off like a whiny bitch crying to the headmistress (Babs). In Campbell we have a director who knows Bond clearly better than Craig ever will, does his job effectively and once again not only saves the franchise but delivers Craig's best film in his career and one of the best Bond films in the series and is posted all because little Danny was made to work hard for this film to be a success and for his own good considering the negativity and doubts surrounding his casting.

First of all, all of that is hearsay. There have never been any reports of DC and MC having issues. The only reports that have EVER come out about DC on set is that he is one of the most professional actors in the biz. From Dench to Bardem to Waltz to Mara to Driver. All have sung his praises.

That said, Martin Campbell is a nobody. He's a third-rate director who is now over-the-hill. And, no, he doesn't know Bond better than Craig.

Like I said, if it's to be believed. Secondly, your over the top, irrational disdain for Campbell renders anything you have to say about the guy null and void to me.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    PanchitoPistols does have some strong feelings for rather against Ms Broccoli, methinks.

To cut the crap, I'll just straight up acknowledge that a certain segment of male fans have had problems with Barbara Broccoli long before SPECTRE and it's come down to her gender. I've seen so much accusations of Broccoli apparently having a deep seated hatred for James Bond and intentionally sabotaging her father's legacy as part of some elaborate "feminazi" plot.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I have no problems with Barbara. I get real sick of reading all the gripes and bashing about her. And towards EON in general. We all need to chill. Maybe actually go to other threads for awhile ... ;)
    I like Barbara Broccoli and I like her gender.

Her father was a businessman. Surely he'd be proud of her success the past 20 plus years and the current state of the family business.
    I like Barbara Broccoli and I like her gender.

Her father was a businessman. Surely he'd be proud of her success the past 20 plus years and the current state of the family business.

Which should be also credited to MGW. Both have been running this show since 1995 and both have indulged in their own predilections. Perhaps if MGW continued to take writing credits he’d not be as favored with TND, TWINE, DAD, QOS, and SP included with his 80s credits.
    I agree Michael G. Wilson gets credit for the success of course. He's rarely in question here from what I recall.
    I agree Michael G. Wilson gets credit for the success of course. He's rarely in question here from what I recall.

Because it’s always the womenz ruining the fun. Guarantee if Kathleen Kennedy had a male partner in running LucasFilm she’d still get the brunt of the hate.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Seems like craig is the problem along with broccoli imo.

Yeah. That’s it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just get the film out on time and I'll be happy. I couldn't care less what sex the producers are.

In retrospect and with hindsight, they should have known what they were getting with Boyle. He is an individualistic maverick film maker and was always trepidatious about this sort of production, as evidenced by his comments over the years.

This is undoubtedly disappointing, but hopefully they have a backup plan in place and can execute fairly quickly to save this thing now. That's perhaps the best we can hope for. Otherwise, we have another delay while they retool.

I can fully understand fan disappointment and even anger. I certainly share some of that. However, it makes no sense to tear into one another. Let's wait and see what they come up with. We live in interesting times.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just get the film out on time and I'll be happy. I couldn't care less what sex the producers are.

In retrospect and with hindsight, they should have known what they were getting with Boyle. He is an individualistic maverick film maker and was always trepidatious about this sort of production, as evidenced by his comments over the years.

This is undoubtedly disappointing, but hopefully they have a backup plan in place and can execute fairly quickly to save this thing now. That's perhaps the best we can hope for. Otherwise, we have another delay while they retool.

I can fully understand fan disappointment and even anger. I certainly share some of that. However, it makes no sense to tear into one another. Let's wait and see what they come up with. We live in interesting times.

Hear hear. Until this flick comes out, let's just see how it plays out before declaring a failure.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I JUST WANT ONE MORE DANIEL CRAIG BOND FILM!

That’s all I ask! I don’t care who the director is, who the villain is, etc. I just want to see Craig grace the screen as 007 one last time. Apparently this is too much to ask for. I sure hope some of you are speculating accurately when you say he is most likely locked in.

As far as a backup plan, while this is sudden news to us, I have a feeling that those in the inner circle had a sense that this could or would happen. A list of potential directors must have been compiled, with some even contacted prior to Boyle’s official exit. If so, I can see a replacement announced within the week.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

As far as a backup plan, while this is sudden news to us, I have a feeling that those in the inner circle had a sense that this could or would happen. A list of potential directors must have been compiled, with some even contacted prior to Boyle’s official exit. If so, I can see a replacement announced within the week.
    I won't get my hopes up just yet, but I really hope you're correct.

So am I right in thinking that as of now they are going to go with the Hodge script, but just modified? It appears that they were trying to tinker with it when Boyle got frustrated and walked, so presumably they now continue to make changes as they see fit. Or perhaps they just wait until they get the new director and only then tweak it, given he/she may have input too.