No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    I know a few of us were interested to see what would happen with Purity:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/james-bond/58728/james-bond-25-daniel-craig-departs-tv-show-for-filming
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good news!!
    Get him for B25 !!
    peter wrote: »
    I know a few of us were interested to see what would happen with Purity:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/james-bond/58728/james-bond-25-daniel-craig-departs-tv-show-for-filming
    Oh!

00Agent wrote: »
    Double-Oh!

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had figured after all this time that Purity got canned, but it's nice to have a confirmation at least.
    I'll take Purity getting canned over B25 further delayed so Craig could work on Purity.
    Shoot. Hope they can still get Arnold and he won’t be too busy down the road.
    I will personally employ David Arnold for the next 2 years so that we can gegt someone new for the next film :) It is up to him, he can either be my housemaid or score every waking moment of my life with juvenile spytrash tittering techno.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,400
    New Boyle interview from today. No new info, but is it just me or does this guy seem too relaxed for a man who is as incredibly busy as he is?

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-06-27/danny-boyle-and-5-000-extras-filming-on-a-beach-in-norfolk/
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,333
    Well, if he is indeed as relaxed as he seems in that video, that can only be positive, surely?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Well, if he is indeed as relaxed as he seems in that video, that can only be positive, surely?

I hear only great things about him. A very upbeat and energetic man while directing. As @ColonelSun said before, he's working with producers (on one of his projects), that are producers on this Beatles film-- and they love Mr. Boyle to bits.

I personally still have no idea what a Boyle Bond will look like-- but I'm not worried about pacing and energy!
    One of my students was an extra for a few scenes in this movie, including the beach scene, and I was told that Boyle was pretty short tempered throughout the shoot.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    TR007 wrote: »
    One of my students was an extra for a few scenes in this movie, including the beach scene, and I was told that Boyle was pretty short tempered throughout the shoot.

Ouch.

Maybe his second unit didn't show up that day? They would usually shoot the scenes of crowds of extras.

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    New Boyle interview from today. No new info, but is it just me or does this guy seem too relaxed for a man who is as incredibly busy as he is?

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-06-27/danny-boyle-and-5-000-extras-filming-on-a-beach-in-norfolk/

Surprised the interviewer didn't squeeze in a bond 25 question at the end and yes he seems a bit too relaxed given the fact he has to go into bond 25 right away after filming is wrapped
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited June 2018 Posts: 8,585

Surprised the interviewer didn't squeeze in a bond 25 question at the end and yes he seems a bit too relaxed given the fact he has to go into bond 25 right away after filming is wrapped

not to be disrespectful @Goldeneye0094; it seems that Boyle is known to be a very light, energetic, frenetic (in his creativity) and a professional personality.

Could his demeanour, of a relaxed person, be because he's confident in his talents and has been making films for thirty years?

Once again, the only connection I have to the man is through his films and interviews (I find that his energy is intoxicating-- just my opinion), but, as reported weeks ago, and again tonight, @ColonelSun is working with some of the producers on this Beatles film (on his own project). And the report about Boyle is he's lovely and a professional.

To judge a stranger on an interview you heard , and be concerned by how relaxed he is, seems a little neurotic.

I would be more concerned if Boyle was spewing all of his doubts, confessionals, and contradicting all the reasons why he got the job in the first place!! That would scare me.

Having a 30 year professional chat to another person gives me confidence about that person's confidence,

not to be disrespectful @Goldeneye0094; it seems that Boyle is known to be a very light, energetic, frenetic (in his creativity) and a professional personality.

Could his demeanour, of a relaxed person, be because he's confident in his talents and has been making films for thirty years?

Once again, the only connection I have to the man is through his films and interviews (I find that his energy is intoxicating-- just my opinion), but, as reported weeks ago, and again tonight, @ColonelSun is working with some of the producers on this Beatles film (on his own project). And the report about Boyle is he's lovely and a professional.

To judge a stranger on an interview you heard , and be concerned by how relaxed he is, seems a little neurotic.

I would be more concerned if Boyle was spewing all of his doubts, confessionals, and contradicting all the reasons why he got the job in the first place!! That would scare me.

Having a 30 year professional chat to another person gives me confidence about that person's confidence,

I was not obsessing one bit about how relaxed he was as a matter of fact it's great he's relaxed given how busy he is at the moment maybe if I were in boyle's shoes I would be a bit more intense from the stress but that's just me so @peter I wasn't saying his relaxed behavior wasn't a problem at all in fact it's great that he's keeping calm
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Well, he got Bond's lesson right, don't stress out and always trust yourself.
  • BondsonBondson Colombia
    TheBondExperience shared this very interesting post on instagram:

Mark Strong in Bond 25?

E925_C112-23_BB-441_A-8_C45-00627_B126937.jpg

not, he is not Mark Strong....is Stanley Tucci

I hear only great things about him. A very upbeat and energetic man while directing. As @ColonelSun said before, he's working with producers (on one of his projects), that are producers on this Beatles film-- and they love Mr. Boyle to bits.

I personally still have no idea what a Boyle Bond will look like-- but I'm not worried about pacing and energy!

That's good to hear! If Boyle can create a good atmosphere around him while filming Bond, that will hopefully bring out the best of everyone involved.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 1,296
    That is indeed a heartening notion, I want them to have fun making the next film and I want it to show. No cereal bowl full of sour patch keys and sadness served up as drama gravitas. Fun like From Russia With Love. Make it seriously, but don't take it seriously."
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Sounds like Boyle would be the type to whip up some spaghetti bol for the cast and crew!
    That sounds lovely, but to be fair, this Beatles film seems to be a tiny production in comparison to Bond, so Boyle´s demeanor now doesn´t have to be any indicator for his stress management while shooting a Bond film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    When is this wrapping up, again?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Didn't one of the actresses say it would wrap in three weeks?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    If there's any truth to those Lily James rumours, she either didn't get cast or is in possession of a time turner.

Baz Bamigboye: Exclusive: ⁦@GillianA⁩ & #LillyJames star ( as Margo Channing & Eve Harrington) in #IvovanHove version of classic movie #AllAboutEve .Performances run from mid February 2019 at the Noel Coward Theatre.

I'm starting to believe in cashleypersia less and less now
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 9,779
    I'm starting to believe in cashleypersia less and less now

As you should
    Jeffrey Wright back as Felix for DC's swan song as Bond is top of my wish list for Bond 25!!! Please EON let this happen?!!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 14,002
    Wright is probably somewhere near the top of my list too. And as much as I like Whishaw's interpretation of Q, I hope he doesn't get more screen time than before. He was hoping for more Q "action". Just stay at MI6 this time please.