No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

This film is gonna be, like, sooooooooo lit. It's gonna be clean.

What do y'all thank?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    How can that be? I mean, I cant believe, you lost interest? You are here practically 24/7. more then any other member. That looks like a lot of interest to me, really.
    Very observant of you but you're missing the point. I remain a huge fan of the series. I also really enjoy discussing and debating all the little details of this franchise with all the members that I regularly engage with here daily. It's a form of relaxation and great fun.

So, due to my lifelong fandom they will have me captive.

That doesn't mean that they don't have me as enthused as they could. It's a matter of how relatively passionate I am about the state of affairs. I used to be far more passionate about 'the next Bond film' than I am now, but that doesn't in any way, shape, or form impact my enthusiasm and excitement for the character or the prior films.

Additionally, there are other things which can be exciting, like composer, title song, supporting cast members etc. I look forward to those elements with baited breath.
    This film is gonna be, like, sooooooooo lit
    It absolutely will be as long as Boyle won't be held back and as long as he doesn't feel like he needs to hold back just because this will be his most mainstream film yet. I really hope we will get a 100% Danny Boyle film with scenes as sytlized as this one:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QW4ztNwesCk

My second biggest problem with Spectre (the biggest problem being that it had an awful script) is that it was hardly Mendesian. Even Skyfall could have been more Mendesian.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    True. Let Boyle be Boyle. I hope he is able to translate his (and Hodge's) vision completely to the screen without interference.

I felt that's what made SF a critical and commercial success. Mendes was allowed to be Mendes.

Make sure the film rocks all the visual and acoustic elements too. So the composer must be on point and the cinematographer must really deliver.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Latest from CashleyPersia: Benedict Cumberbatch has been cast.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/8ohahk/benedict_cumberbatch_in_bond_25/

This is very likely BS.

I hope it's BS.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    How can that be? I mean, I cant believe, you lost interest? You are here practically 24/7. more then any other member. That looks like a lot of interest to me, really.

Very droll! Keep them coming.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 2,598
    I just heard a rumour on the radio about Helena Bonham Carter playing the villain or is this old news? :)

If there's any truth to this, she would be a good choice unlike that hack Angelina Jolie.
    Totally, but I hope, she then dorsnt play it with her usually high pitched voice and over the top manner
    better than Jolie but agree don't want one of her OTT 'crazy' performances. would be nice to see her play it straight.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    She could play a Fiona Volpe type extremely well. She can be menacing as well as very charming. A good fit - not as the main villain though, imho.

Cumberbatch? Like him a lot as Sherlock or Dr.Strange ... he could portray a wonderful Dr.No type of character - maybe that‘s what B25 needs, anyway
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    More recent photos taken of Craig leaving the gym found on instagram. He’s looking good, face is noticeably slimmer too.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Latest from CashleyPersia: Benedict Cumberbatch has been cast.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/8ohahk/benedict_cumberbatch_in_bond_25/

This is very likely BS.

He has also mentioned Golshifteh Farahani

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golshifteh_Farahani

interesting casting. she seems Boyles type as well.

young enough to be Craig's daughter practically. are we starting to stray into Rog territory now. will Dan cook her a quiche?
    Talking about Boyle´s type, why can´t we get Rosario Dawson?

• edited June 2018 Posts: 5,767
    This film is gonna be, like, sooooooooo lit
    It absolutely will be as long as Boyle won't be held back and as long as he doesn't feel like he needs to hold back just because this will be his most mainstream film yet. I really hope we will get a 100% Danny Boyle film with scenes as sytlized as this one:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QW4ztNwesCk
    That makes me want to see T2 Trainspotting again right now. Good call.

better than Jolie but agree don't want one of her OTT 'crazy' performances. would be nice to see her play it straight.
    Oh come on, who could better portray a woman with a bald head and a scar along her face?
    looking forward to B25. reckon it will feel fresh
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Yeah, and it will be good for the first time afterwards, we will be allowed to discuss what changes will happen. Exciting times.
  • RC7RC7

Yeah, and it will be good for the first time afterwards, we will be allowed to discuss what changes will happen. Exciting times.

Yawn.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2018 Posts: 4,447
    Angelina Jolie can be first famale directer working on Bond 27. After Danny Boyle returns for Daniel Craig his 6th/final Bond movie. If it not to late and Tom Cruise ask her for mi7 in 2023 (if there going to be a 5 year break between mi6 and mi7 because i expect on latest Jack Reacher 3 in 2021.).
    RC7 wrote: »

Yawn.

Double yawn.
    Just skip 25, Mendes, and come back for 26.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2018 Posts: 8,112
    The idea of something after Craig may make some yawn, but I look forward to it. Bond must go on, and this upcoming movie is viewed as a bit too late to be a worthy send off. I think Boyle is a great choice, if they want something filled with ideas, without breaking the bank, and cutting out the excess. Think of it as squeezing as much out of the current model, before starting fresh with a new one.
  • RC7RC7
    The idea of something after Craig may make some yawn, but I look forward to it. Bond must go on, and this upcoming movie is viewed as a bit too late to be a worthy send off. I think Boyle is a great choice, if they want something filled with ideas, without breaking the bank, and cutting out the excess. Think of it as squeezing as much out of the current model, before starting fresh with a new one.

I don’t think we’re yawning about the post-Craig era, more your tedious onanism over what lies beyond... we get it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Angelina Jolie can be first famale directer working on Bond 27. After Danny Boyle returns for Daniel Craig his 6th/final Bond movie. If it not to late and Tom Cruise ask her for mi7 in 2023 (if there going to be a 5 year break between mi6 and mi7 because i expect on latest Jack Reacher 3 in 2021.).

That s a fresh and daring idea.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    M_Balje wrote: »

That s a fresh and daring idea.

If Cruise does make a 7th Mission Impossible, I'd bet on a 2021 release to mark the 25th anniversary of the first film.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    https://movieweb.com/bond-25-cast-helena-bonham-villain/

I mean, this article is fantastic. So many errors, so little time.

"It was confirmed just a few weeks ago that Daniel Craig will in fact be back as James Bond" (Colbert would disagree.)

"Naomie Harris, who has played Eve Moneypenny in all of Daniel Craig's James Bond movies.." (Must have missed her in CR and QOS)

There is also no indication yet if Ben Whishaw's Q will return, along with Andrew Scott's C or Ralph Fiennes' M.." (I think we can rule Scott out.)

"While no exact production date has been given yet..." My calendar is free on Monday December 3rd, Mr. Craig.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @=bg=, journalism isn't big on research these days. They just write what comes to mind, fact-checking be damned.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Oh look, right on cue ...

James Bond 25: ‘Benedict Cumberbatch joins cast of Daniel Craig’s final 007 outing’
    https://express.co.uk/entertainment/films/969540/James-Bond-25-cast-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Daniel-Craig-Helena-Bonham-Carter-Angelina-Jolie
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    All based on Cashley's claims.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I thought American media was bad with clickbait and unsubstantiated claims being made fact, but hot damn I see several of these UK publications do it so consistently.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All based on Cashley's claims.

He is probably an eavesdropper, like Miss Taro in DN. Hearing some muffled snippets here and there.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If his claims are true, then who's playing who? Is Jolie playing the protege? Or is it Bonham-Carter? Not to mention, all the inconsistent reports and claims debunked many times, and then journalists and news media outlets wonder why don't we believe them and highly question their intelligence.
    You now that Aidan Turner will NEVER play Bond, right? There is no way Christopher Nolan will cast him.