No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 1,965
    IF true and thats a big IF. IMO i don't see Craig turning down that much money. Especially when Craig has said he would do another one for big money.
    I don't buy it until I see it from eon productions I just don't buy it... Also Disney bond stop agreeing with me about Hiddleston it is weirding me out a little I might have to go for turner now lol
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    thanks to DC for a solid 10 year run. From my perspective he delivered 3 cracker films.
    Yes, CR, QOS & SP! I fully agree!
    Craig is finished?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    chrisisall wrote: »
    thanks to DC for a solid 10 year run. From my perspective he delivered 3 cracker films.
    Yes, CR, QOS & SP! I fully agree!
    No, you must have misunderstood. I was referring to his first three. All solid efforts that took the franchise in different directions, and most importantly, his performance in each was quite authentic & genuine. An impressive feat for an actor.

It's quite an artistic legacy. 4 distinct films, each with their own character. I don't think any other actor has done that.

The last one runs the risk of being looked at as his DAF, AVTAK or even DAD. Not quite up to the same level as the earlier ones but still enjoyable.
    re: the Daily Mail...it was right about a lot of things for both Skyfall and SPECTRE. However, the bulk (but not all) of those scoops were by Baz Bamigboye, who hasn't been on the Bond beat since late 2014.

Examples: Naomie Harris was playing Moneypenny, Waltz was playing Blofeld (that one wasn't Bamigboye), the SPECTRE script was a mess and Purvis and Wade had been summoned back.

Daily Mail has an unsavory reputation and it's often deserved. But they have a good batting accuracy overall on Bond items. We'll see about this one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    No, you must have misunderstood. I was referring to his first three.
    The last one runs the risk of being looked at as his DAF, AVTAK or even DAD.
    Shirley you jest. All four were good, but the pseudo serious excesses of SF were thankfully corrected in SP.
    :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    chrisisall wrote: »
    No, you must have misunderstood. I was referring to his first three.
    The last one runs the risk of being looked at as his DAF, AVTAK or even DAD.
    Shirley you jest. All four were good, but the pseudo serious excesses of SF were thankfully corrected in SP.
    :D
    If SP is indeed his last, he has the distinction of at least having made a final film that some folks (at least on this site) think is excellent. That is quite a feat for a Bond actor, as I think most will agree that outside of the stunted Bond tenures of Lazenby/Dalton, the other actor's final films were far from their best.
    At least most Bond fans enjoy at least one of his movies. Personally, all 4 are some of my favorites in the franchise.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    FoxRox wrote: »
    At least most Bond fans enjoy at least one of his movies. Personally, all 4 are some of my favorites in the franchise.

i find all of his Bond films exceptional.. SP might not have reached the same heights as CR or SF for me, but it was still a fun ride, and definitely on the better side of the Bond barometer - the same can be said for QOS as well..

if he has indeed called it a day as 007, i will be upset (because i feel like he was deserving to go at least 5 like Sean originally did)... but it's his call.... i hope these are nothing but slow news rumor mill crap - but if it's not, then i wish him the best and thank him for all he gave to the franchise.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Hopefully they hire me as Bond. I don't work out, nor do I have any acting abilities, but I'll wing it and see how it goes. Could be fun!

@Creasy47..

all they would need to do for me..

1. Pay for a personal trainer to vigorously get my tubby ass into shape - and to help keep me in shape.
    2. I would do the film for nothing, but i would like at least a little bit of scratch for my time and effort... $50,000... and if i do a good job, we can renegotiate a little higher salary lol.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Well if this is true it doesn't surprise me.

If he's leaving it doesn't surprise me, either.
    If the Daily Mail story and sums are true (and that they would actually even know...) that would surprise me.

fjdinardo wrote: »
    IF true and thats a big IF. IMO i don't see Craig turning down that much money. Especially when Craig has said he would do another one for big money.

That was hardly a serious comment. (Considering timing and context.)

Also, there's no reason to believe the figures presented by Daily Mail are correct at all. Just the type of stuff they like to print - outrageous and big enough to get attention.

Anyway, I don't see why he couldn't turn the money down (whatever the correct figures might be), IF he didn't want to continue in the role. I've said before that I don't know enough about him to be able to guess, but I'm just saying that people don't necessarily just do anything (that they don't want to do) if they simply get offered more money - especially if they are already financially set for the rest of their lives. Not everyone is into big spending, luxuries and extravagance, so there's only so much they need. Like I said I don't know about Craig's money spending habits or how he lives, etc. - I was merely making a general comment on the relative importance of huge sums of money for people who are already rich.

There was a silly story that Christian Bale turned down 50 million to return to the Batman role after the Nolan trilogy. I don't know who initially invented that story, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some crappy tabloid like Daily Mail. In any case the story was complete BS. However, had he been offered something ridiculous like that and had he not wanted to do it, I could certainly imagine him turning it down. Therefore I can imagine others (with similar attitude towards money and spending it) doing that, too.
    re: the Daily Mail...it was right about a lot of things for both Skyfall and SPECTRE. However, the bulk (but not all) of those scoops were by Baz Bamigboye, who hasn't been on the Bond beat since late 2014.

Examples: Naomie Harris was playing Moneypenny, Waltz was playing Blofeld (that one wasn't Bamigboye), the SPECTRE script was a mess and Purvis and Wade had been summoned back.

Daily Mail has an unsavory reputation and it's often deserved. But they have a good batting accuracy overall on Bond items. We'll see about this one.

But we won't really see... I mean they're not saying anything new in their "news" that Craig is leaving the role. Others have said that, too, and it may or may not be true, and yes, we'll see about that. Even if he leaves it won't prove that rag had any breaking/new info on it. We're unlikely to ever know how much Craig was offered, if indeed he was - I mean he could have decided to leave before any financial discussions anyway, so the potential money offer may never have really have even come up. So...
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Hopefully they hire me as Bond. I don't work out, nor do I have any acting abilities, but I'll wing it and see how it goes. Could be fun!

@Creasy47..

all they would need to do for me..

1. Pay for a personal trainer to vigorously get my tubby ass into shape - and to help keep me in shape.
    2. I would do the film for nothing, but i would like at least a little bit of scratch for my time and effort... $50,000... and if i do a good job, we can renegotiate a little higher salary lol.

You do know that round is a shape, right? ;)

If Craig is leaving the franchise (and that is a big if), at least he ended his run with a really good film.
    @Tuulia.... yes, just not an attractive one - no one needs to see James Bond sweaty and out of breath by simply walking through Q's lab lol.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Like Brady said, huge holes in this. They refer to quotes and reports long dismissed or put into another relation. If you read this properly, its nothing to rely on at all.

BUT I could very well imagine it being true. Just the way its written is silly.

The "For the money" comment is as off as the wrists one. He said AND prooved, he isn't for sale. So, turning down whatever amount of money is rather likely, if he doesn't want to do it.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Like Brady said, huge holes in this. They refer to quotes and reports long dismissed or put into another relation. If you read this properly, its nothing to rely on at all.

BUT I could very well imagine it being true. Just the way its written is silly.

The "For the money" comment is as off as the wrists one. He said AND prooved, he isn't for sale. So, turning down whatever amount of money is rather likely, if he doesn't want to do it.

That's what I think about the money thing, too.

Of course the article is silly (even if there's some truth to some of it, or they happen to guess even roughly correctly here and there). I didn't actually read it, but it's Daily Mail, so...

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I'll inform Daily Mail so they may write an article about "Creasy47 wanting to play James Bond"

It worked for Lazenby!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He's done. I knew this was going to happen but actually reading about it still doesn't stop my heart from sinking; especially when there's an opportunity to end his run on a stronger note....and he was offered 2 more? This is tragic. I don't want to turn this into a big deal or overreact but I'm genuinely gutted.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Maybe he's just turned down doing two? There was a story before in some tabloid that they were offering him to do 2 back to back in 2018/19, which goes hand-in-hand with the other tabloid report of Waltz being asked to do 2 more. Reading between the lines, it looks like they wanted/want/plan/planned for a Spectre trilogy with Craig.
    Some Twitter page (The Version...?) said an official announcement is due for Craig quitting as Bond. Most other places seem to be putting a lot of stock into it too. I really enjoyed Craig's run, and even though in theory I'd love to see him return, it may be for the best for him to leave it at SP. It did wrap up his arc nicely. I'm just worried about whoever gets to replace him.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,153
    To be honest, I'm pleased by this news. :D

Now they can drag Campbell out of retirement and get him to complete the trilogy - three separate Bond introduction films with 3 different actor.

If Craig would have stuck around, that would have delayed things another 3 - 4 years, meaning Campbell would have probably been too old come B26 with the new actor (he's 72 at the moment).

Now they can drag Campbell out of retirement and get him to complete the trilogy - three separate Bond introduction films with 3 different actor.

If Craig would have stuck around, that would have delayed things another 3 - 4 years, meaning Campbell would have probably been too old come B26 with the new actor (he's 72 at the moment).

Oh, so if your Turner gets the role, we get it earlier?

2018 is the next possible option. With or without Daniel. And if they cast a new one, it most likely takes longer.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Yes a Tweet on 'The Version' saying that 'apparently' an official announcement of Craig's departure is expected today. First time the word 'official' has been put alongside Craig quitting, it's starting to feel like he's definitely leaving the role.

https://twitter.com/theversion?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
    Ugh, agh. The story, or "story" is out, Daniel Craig is trending on twitter. I don't want it to be true! I want him to do another one, even if its a DAF-AVTAK obvious phoning-it-in!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,153
    Germanlady wrote: »

Oh, so if your Turner gets the role, we get it earlier?

2018 is the next possible option. With or without Daniel. And if they cast a new one, it most likely takes longer.

Oh no, @Germanlady Don't forget that almost every time we have had a gap of 4 years or more, it is usually because of some legal trouble holding things up. They took 4 years off for CR, but that was because DAD was such a train wreck that they had to drastically reinvent Bond from the ground up. I don't think they have to do that this time, and there doesn't seem to be anything else to cause delays.

I wasn't expecting an answer from Craig until later this year. If this report is true, and Craig has known since SP that he isn't coming back, then all this "I just need 6 months" business was probably just smoke and mirrors that allowed EON to instigate a covert mission to find the next Bond actor. These reports we are hearing of Turner and Hiddleston being in talks with EON show that EON aren't wasting any time. In fact, they are probably quite a way along in the process. It's not implausible that given another year of prep, we could be ready to role camera on Bond 25, with Campbell in the directors chair ( [-O< ) and Turner in the tux ( [-O< ).
    Everything is possible at any time. What I was saying is, that Daniel leaving the role won't bring the next Bond into theaters earlier rather later.

And why on earth do people take every sentence in this article for real. There might be an underlining truth in it, but most of it is stitched together.
    But it might increase the chances of Campbell returning, because he is very old now. The sooner the better. Sorry Craig was the collateral damage.
    DC is no collateral damage case. If he left, it was because he chose to do so.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If all this is true, I will be very sad. But, atleast we won't get the bullsh*t we had for Bond 21 when Brosnan was still rumoured to come back, as late as early 2004, over a year after DAD was released.