No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    While I agree that some of those later scenes ('little fingers' and what not) are positively groan inducing, I don't know how they could have played that part differently, given they had limited time to establish a romance towards the end of the film. A musical montage (a'la OHMSS) may have come across as derivative.

I have to admit that the latter half of CR (post-ball buster) is something I don't look forward to at all. If not for that last act, I'd probably watch the film much more often, because what precedes it is absolutely first class.

The concept is not the object of criticism; the execution of the concept is.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I can't wait for the next 'breezy' Bond film. Not comical, or larger than life, but throw away. Let's see a day in the life of 007. I done with the themes, social commentary, weighty drama, personal ties and all that rubbish. Chuck all that out, and bring that run time down to a snug 2 hours. Let's grip it and rip it with Bond 25.
    Daily Mail: Daniel Craig turns down $68 million deal to return for the next two Bond films.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3597822/I-m-007-Craig-tells-Bond-movie-bosses-Actor-turns-68m-deal-two-films.html

We can undeniably question the source, however the writing has been on the wall for a while with this one.

I still feel he had another in him.

Farewell Daniel.

daniel-craig1-1445895097-view-0.jpg
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    I would definitely have to see this from a second source, but if that's true, then I'm quite stunned, to be honest.

Oh well, guess the search for Bond #7 can begin in earnest now, assuming that this has some truth to it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have trouble doubting it, but it's best to take this bit of news with a grain of salt until we hear something from an official source.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2016 Posts: 16,333
    I'm hesitant to believe it. The Daily Mail has been wrong before.
    Murdock wrote: »

As am I. He said he'd do it again for the money, but that would be a huge chunk of change to pass up.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,534
    If it is true, that's a stupid amount of money.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Indeed. It's actually more than the headline would indicate, as the story lists it as £68 million, which would come out to a total of $99,212,000. Stunning if true.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Guys, he's an ACTOR. Slightly unhinged by definition. :))
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Then Tom Hiddleston from Avengers Assemble will become the next 007 for Bond 25.
    dalton wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

As am I. He said he'd do it again for the money, but that would be a huge chunk of change to pass up.

I never thought he meant that seriously, and I don't think it's a money thing. He'll do more if he wants to, and not if he doesn't want to.

All the more reason to be suspicious. Even if it's true that he's leaving, the amount of money presumably offered is most likely a wild guess or an exaggeration anyway. Especially since it's Daily Mail - whatever looks like a better story... and ridiculously big sums of money are more impressive, so... Most likely Daily Mail don't know **** anyway.
    Craig is waiting for a script/director me thinks.
    If this Craig story is true it obviously was a decision made last year and looking at how SP ended its no shock if true. I thought Craig would return to be honest, the fact the book makers have stopped betting on TH is interesting for sure.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    To be honest if EON really wanted to pay DC 100 million USD then they have lost their minds.

Hire a new one who knows what privilege it is to play Bond, someone more thankful. And for far less money.

I wonder if EON has learned anything. I bet Bond 25 will cost 350 million plus 150 million marketing for Christ's Sake...
    Hopefully they hire me as Bond. I don't work out, nor do I have any acting abilities, but I'll wing it and see how it goes. Could be fun!
    Hopefully they hire me as Bond. I don't work out, nor do I have any acting abilities, but I'll wing it and see how it goes. Could be fun!

Do you do your own stunts?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Creasy47 is Idris Elba.
    It's crazy money, though relative to what Craig's last two films made the offer makes sense if true.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    What become of the new James Bond distributor? Hopefully it will be revealed at a later date.
    What become of the new James Bond distributor? Hopefully it will be revealed at a later date.
    Maybe Disney?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The thought of seeing the Disney castle before the gun-barrel is, frankly, highly disturbing.
    The thought of seeing the Disney castle before the gun-barrel is, frankly, highly disturbing.

:))
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,534
    Tuulia wrote: »

But of course. I'll deliver with the stunts.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47 doesn't like to brag, but it's quite common knowledge that he instructs Tom Cruise on all his stunt work and often choreographs whole scenes of action in his many films. He's got the stunts down pat, don't you worry.

In all seriousness, I could poke holes in this news all day long. Just another unsubstantiated report by a media outlet who spends most of its time reporting on what celebrities are screwing each other and who wore what garish dress better. As others have said previously, let's cool our jets and wait for an official announcement on all this. Why waste our time and energy fretting over something as click-bait happy as this bit of "news"?
    This sucks maybe just one more.I think they should have went for that 2 more can mean 5 plus years.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

You would probably see the Touchstone logo not Tinkerbell.

Never fancied Tinkerbell as a Bond girl. Better than Jinx I guess.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    How I think the opening logos should look, if Disney does buy the distribution rights to Bond.

Tuulia wrote: »

But of course. I'll deliver with the stunts.

Just as I thought. You're just the man for the job then.

@Creasy47 doesn't like to brag, but it's quite common knowledge that he instructs Tom Cruise on all his stunt work and often choreographs whole scenes of action in his many films. He's got the stunts down pat, don't you worry.

He's so modest. I don't know why, but I had a feeling he'd be into stunt work.
    In all seriousness, I could poke holes in this news all day long. Just another unsubstantiated report by a media outlet who spends most of its time reporting on what celebrities are screwing each other and who wore what garish dress better. As others have said previously, let's cool our jets and wait for an official announcement on all this. Why waste our time and energy fretting over something as click-bait happy as this bit of "news"?

Indeed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Well if this is true it doesn't surprise me. The writing has been on the wall for some time with Craig, so much so that it will be almost anti-climactic if he were to return now. All the comments we've been reading (Mark Strong, Mendes etc.) over the past few months, and the recent alleged meetings with potential contenders for the role sort of all make sense now, as does the SP ending.

Well here's to new beginnings, if that is indeed what it is, and thanks to DC for a solid 10 year run. From my perspective he delivered 3 cracker films.