No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Wait - is that serious? Real conversation?

As real as any story you heard on the Internet can be, I suppose.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 12,274
    Creasy47 wrote: »

THIS THIS THIS

Don't buy it at all...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There's really nothing new in those remarks. All have been stated by either Boyle or others in the near past. Reassuring of course, but not informative.

If he had confirmed Cashley's speculation, now that would have been something worth discussing.
    If it's real, the biggest "news" is that they're still planning to start filming in December. Which means hopefully no delay. But I doubt this even took place.

Boyle wouldn't confirm or deny Cashley's speculations. Doesn't work that way.
    Of course, and I'm just playing around.

Honestly, there's no news here. We heard quite recently from official sources that they were on course for December as I mentioned yesterday. Any indications otherwise were purely speculative and unsubstantiated conjecture.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

As real as my Fan Arts :D :D :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

As real as my Fan Arts :D :D :D

So real then, because some sites actually picked up your recent one! That was too rich.
    I don't mind Jolie at all. I don't mind Lily James, either. I don't mind Bond mentoring a younger agent (whether it's male or female).

What I mind is that they shift the central attention from Bond and to the highlighted female character, making the story all about her while having the 007 franchise hold the umbrella for her field. No thanks!

When I want to watch a James Bond film, here's the simple way of putting it:
    I want to see a criminal mastermind as the villain, the world's safety at stake, and Bond on the other end of the rope pulling it for victory. What other characters do, whether they'd be allies, love interests or benefactors, scapegoats, assistants, helpers, are only there to help move the story forward. Supporting characters. Nothing else.
    That is a worrisome prospect regarding a protégé-- her taking the spotlight away from Bond. If the rumors are true, that role will probably have to have some weight to it, so we can expect some character introspection between Bond and her. As long as it's relegated to a subplot and Bond remains front and center, fine. Otherwise, unacceptable.

---

Regarding the believability of the rumors: This might be nothing, but the Reddit guy mentions Jolie and Lily James, the same actresses earlier suggested in this thread by Pierce2Daniel, IIRC.
    But I doubt this even took place.
    Are you calling ajb007 forum member zaphod99 a liar?
    But I doubt this even took place.
    Are you calling ajb007 forum member zaphod99 a liar?

I can’t say anything for certain. I just have doubts of anything I find on the internet that isn’t proper news.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited May 2018 Posts: 252

ggl007 wrote: »
    Zaphod99 from ajb talked with Danny Boyle while shooting near his place:

"Conversation went as follows:

Me. Hi. One question.
    Him. Go on then.
    Me. Bond. Yes or no?
    Him (laughing) we are working on a script at the moment.
    Me. Everyone and his mother knows that, the question is are you doing it?
    Him. I can't really say but it's looking positive.
    Me. What about pre production is there enough time?
    Him. Oh yes,we don't start filming until December.
    Me. Can I take as confirmation?
    Him. Laughes and says nothing more.
    Me. Us Bond nerds are really excited about you doing it, but no more origin story or Bonds dog getting killed and then Bond gets really pissed...blag blah blah...

We then chat a bit about the film he's making here and how lovely it all is. Lighting tests were last night and night shoot is tonight. He was a very personable chap. We spoke about the Theatre that they are using at the end of my Road. Mrs Zaphod is trying to get an interview for her local radio show re the filming.

We then say goodbye and go on separately
    I got a very good vibe from him and he seemed genuinely pleased that the 'Bondiverse' is very positive about his involvement (and he had a bag of chips)"

The best news I had recently.

+1

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bond's dog getting killed. That strikes a chord and has possibilities.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Quick Mi6 community survey:

What would you do if you heard this line in the trailer of BOND 25?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=c-nTqVA6Wm0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m40s

What, "It's not just professional, it's personal"?

To quote Brozza himself, "how original".

I don't know, probably roll my eyes, shake my head and think of England. At least I will have the comfort in knowing it's the last time.
    When Bond 25 is out and the wait is over, we will all just be happy it’s a Top 10 Bond film and worth the wait and a timeless classic.

...hopefully.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    When Bond 25 is out and the wait is over, we will all just be happy it’s a Top 10 Bond film and worth the wait and a timeless classic.

...hopefully.

I would love that. But this "co-star" and "personal" talk has got me pretty pessimistic. On the other side, Boyle's previous work gives me hope.
    No need to be pessimistic at this early a stage, especially since these story elements are nothing but baseless rumours.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

To quote Richard Kiel: "I'd jump...out of my seat", because I love TWINE and I love this trailer.
    I really have a good feeling Boyle will deliver. And Craig as well. Double Danny Power!!!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Regarding the believability of the rumors: This might be nothing, but the Reddit guy mentions Jolie and Lily James, the same actresses earlier suggested in this thread by Pierce2Daniel, IIRC.
    Ugh. Reading this again I'm thinking it might be read in the wrong way. Just to clarify: I recall it being said some pages ago, in this thread, that some rumors that appear on the internet seem to be based on speculation and ideas posted here. So I was contemplating the possibility that the Reddit rumors might be inspired by our posts here. Not accusing anybody of anything. Just in case! :-S
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm looking forward to some actual news.
    These 'rumours' will always appear getting people riled up.
    Nothing has been factual for a while now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just out of curiosity, is this Cash Reddit user the same person who once claimed Steven Knight was the writer of Bond 25 years back?
    Bond´s dog gets killed.
    Bond´s kill gets dogged.
    Endless metaphoric possibilities.

It's a start, but you could have greater if otherwise a real dog the plot is : somebody have breaking thet dog's statue of Bond (the one that M "give" him at the end of Skyfall) and 007 go after them, seeking for revenge.
    Just out of curiosity, is this Cash Reddit user the same person who once claimed Steven Knight was the writer of Bond 25 years back?
    Yes. He is also the person who wrote "David Mackenzie came close to being offered the director's job before Christmas" before the "Mackenzie is on the shortlist" was published anywhere else on the internet.

You can read all his posts here: https://www.reddit.com/user/CashleyPersia
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Yes. He is also the person who wrote "David Mackenzie came close to being offered the director's job before Christmas" before the "Mackenzie is on the shortlist" was published anywhere else on the internet.

You can read all his posts here: https://www.reddit.com/user/CashleyPersia

He says a lot of things...
    Re all this negativity re new ideas, execution is a key ellement. If rumours had come out re the climax to SF , many of you guys would have hated the idea, been worried, depressed etc

And yet, due to good execution, it played a role in reaching both critical and financial success. Also (unlike SP), these ideas/rumours don't alter the Bond universe. They are 100% just within the movie. Some fans seem to want basically the same Bond movie everytime (Dr No set the template) and any excursions outside of the template leads to loss of sleep!

There has to be room for some creativity.
    patb wrote: »
    Re all this negativity re new ideas, execution is a key ellement. If rumours had come out re the climax to SF , many of you guys would have hated the idea, been worried, depressed etc

And we would have been right! Btw, creativity and SF (just as Mendes)should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

And we would have been right! Btw, creativity and SF (just as Mendes)should never be mentioned in the same sentence.
    SF might be the single most creative Bond film of all time.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,602
    and that cuts to the core of one one of the key features of these threads "we would have been right" - therefore everyone else is wrong. SF was creative in that it did not follow the standard Bond template. That is surely fact? Whether we like the result of that is obvioulsy personal choice. But it proved that you can go outside the template and please the mainstream audience and the critics (but obviously not all fans)

Seeking to think "outside of the box" re Bond is not a hangable offence but it is to some fans. I think the rest of the World outside of fandom is much more flexible re new ideas (up to a point)
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    SF was creative in that it did not follow the standard Bond template. That is surely fact? Whether we like the result of that is obvioulsy personal choice. But it proved that you can go outside the template and please the mainstream audience and the critics (but obviously not all fans)
    That's true and it's unsurprising. If anything, it is EON who have been excessively cautious. Why wouldn't the general audience want some variety, especially in a series that has been around for this long? It only makes sense.
    Seeking to think "outside of the box" re Bond is not a hangable offence but it is to some fans. I think the rest of the World outside of fandom is much more flexible re new ideas (up to a point)
    I'm not sure that's necessarily fair. I think every fan is open to 'outside the box'. The issue is that some don't like the execution of the ideas, rather than the concept.

That was the problem inversely with SP. Some go on about it being 'formula' which was the problem. It wasn't. It was the half assed way they executed that formula which was the issue, imho.

So as you said earlier, it all comes down to execution.
    ----

If these rumours are in fact true, the place appears to be still leaking like a sieve. I can't imagine anyone would be happy about this sort of thing.

The Logan angle was rumoured during P&W, so it's unlikely that Boyle's 'golden idea' continues the theme. Especially if it was something which was initially hatched many years ago.

So I can only think that this is all a load of claptrap.

Unless what Persia is being fed is in fact P&W's script, rather than Hodge's. Some of the detail in there certainly seems like something they'd come up with.