No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    you're right @Birdleson -- creepy.

Moving on, the runner-up to B25 Yann Demage is making waves with his next film:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/alpha-white-boy-rick-swap-release-dates-on-sony-schedule-1202361842/
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Walecs wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    This thread needs a discussion about whether it would be a good idea to have cameos from all the surviving Bonds. Dalton as villain, Brozza as the MI6 janitor and Sean as a holographic uber mentor. Laz will play himself. And an ‘In memory of Sir Rog’ at the start of course.

And he whistles The World Is Not Enough as Bond passes by.

They could always bring Moore back to life like they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. They should also do that with Niven.
    TripAces wrote: »
    This thread needs a discussion about whether it would be a good idea to have cameos from all the surviving Bonds. Dalton as villain, Brozza as the MI6 janitor and Sean as a holographic uber mentor. Laz will play himself. And an ‘In memory of Sir Rog’ at the start of course.

Obviously it’s a dismal idea but in the absence of news or any good ideas I think it’s worth flogging this one to death for a couple of pages.

I had hoped that SC would have a cameo in SP: Moneypenny arrives at Bond's flat, and just before knocking, an elderly gentleman (Connery) passes in the hall.

You must be joking. As @Getafix said, having a former Bond actor make a cameo in a Bond movie would be a dismal idea.

Perhaps, but SC isn't getting any younger, and such a cameo might provide some wonderful "closure" to his career and his relationship to Bond. I had also hoped that all six Bonds would appear on stage together, following Shirley Bassey's rendition of "Goldfinger" at the 2013 Oscars.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    If it wasn’t for the innate awkwardness of casting a husband and wife, Rachel would make a great Craig era Bond woman.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,837

They could always bring Moore back to life like they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. They should also do that with Niven.

Obviously it’s a dismal idea but in the absence of news or any good ideas I think it’s worth flogging this one to death for a couple of pages.

I had hoped that SC would have a cameo in SP: Moneypenny arrives at Bond's flat, and just before knocking, an elderly gentleman (Connery) passes in the hall.

You must be joking. As @Getafix said, having a former Bond actor make a cameo in a Bond movie would be a dismal idea.

Perhaps, but SC isn't getting any younger, and such a cameo might provide some wonderful "closure" to his career and his relationship to Bond. I had also hoped that all six Bonds would appear on stage together, following Shirley Bassey's rendition of "Goldfinger" at the 2013 Oscars.

Connery was considered for Kincade apparently but they thought it'd take people out of the film. And I agree, but there is a tiny fanboy part of me that thinks it would have been brilliant having him and Craig killing a load of bad guys together for the 50th.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    talos7 wrote: »
    If it wasn’t for the innate awkwardness of casting a husband and wife, Rachel would make a great Craig era Bond woman.
    I don't think they work that well together on screen. I turned off Dream House half way through and wasn't all that impressed with her on stage in the Broadway play Betrayal (if only because he completely outclassed her on stage).

Connery was considered for Kincade apparently but they thought it'd take people out of the film. And I agree, but there is a tiny fanboy part of me that thinks it would have been brilliant having him and Craig killing a load of bad guys together for the 50th.
    I agree that it would've been distracting. But we can imagine...

-Now, remember what I told you, don't let it pull to the left.
    -I'll do my best.
    -Your besht? Loshers always whine about their besht.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Just rewatched craig's coy answer to danny boyle's involvement and has anyone not only noticed his smile but the excitement in his voice?
    It probably is a done deal. Craig’s probably just not supposed to say anything yet.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Hard to think of a more dull homoerotic course for this thread to take than discussing the cosmetic beauty and/or decay of Craig and wife.

I think, after pages of doscussing his bad looks after the Baftas, its only fair to give some room for some positive comments, dont you think?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Totally agree since this discussion also kinda led to the question how fit he could possibly get again to bring his trademark phsyicality to B25.

I am looking forward to the official announcement and until then I won‘t believe any possible story ideas like the rookie training, female villain and such - as much sense some of these make.
    Plus the naysayers were on full display then -uninterrupted, I might add, from mods.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,767

The thought alone of mixing front-of-camera and behind the scenes like this makes my intestines cramp.

• edited April 2018 Posts: 11,425
    echo wrote: »
    Hard to think of a more dull homoerotic course for this thread to take than discussing the cosmetic beauty and/or decay of Craig and iwife.

To be fair, there are a few women on this thread that have a passion for Craig; which would not jibe with your description. But, yes, the focus does borderline on the border.

wouldn't it be equally odd not to comment on his appearance.

Rog's appearance and facelift for avtak has taken up pages.

Anyway sorry to break the news but there's probably something a bit homoerotic about grown men discussing Bond ad infinitum anyway - regardless of whether we pretend to ignore the lead actor's physical appearance.

playing the 'how would I know if he's good looking- I'm not gay card' also seems a bit dated these days.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Personally I find it quite interesting what kind of extreme treatments a man is willing to undergo ( and obviously you on a regular basis ) of whom so many on this forum claim that he gives a shit about what people think of him or doesn't submit to the usual Hollywood procedures.

What? Are you saying you think he has cosmetic surgery, or the exact opposite?

OK how come I’ve gotten two warnings and a strike for saying the S word from BIRDLESON but when the Mod Nic Nac sees the word he doesn’t seem to care.

How do you know I didn't take action? All such matters are dealt with privately.
    Blimey,i pop in here for Bond news and see the words 'homo-erotic' and 'gay' mentioned several times.

This has to be the weirdest Bond thread on the whole of the web !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Blimey,i pop in here for Bond news and see the words 'homo-erotic' and 'gay' mentioned several times.

That’s a given.

The best Bond movies are weird tho so highly appropriate the thread takes this direction!
    barryt007 wrote: »

That’s a given.

The best Bond movies are weird tho so highly appropriate the thread takes this direction!

Maybe the title should be changed to : Craig's latest look stirs up homo-erotic,gay emotions in MI6 males.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'll get Jake onto it
    NicNac wrote: »
    I'll get Jake onto it

Top man !

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m as straight as they come yet I’m perfectly ok with discussing Craig’s looks. I still feel he’s a very good looking man, despite looking older than he really is.
    Aggressive Homophobia and/or an unwillingness to talk about other men’s appearances is often a deflection method/coping mechanism used by those deeply in the closet or in denial about their own same sex preferences.

That’s my pearl of wisdom for the day.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    This thread is turning into a cancerous ordeal.
    It certainly is falling apart at a rapid rate of knots.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can we move on?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This thread is turning into a cancerous ordeal.

Apparently that’s what a severe lack of news does.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Naomie Harris will be on 'The Graham Norton Show' this Friday.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hard to think of a more dull course for this thread to take than discussing the cosmetic beauty and/or decay of Craig and wife.

Box office expectations and distribution deals are in that category as well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    It is my opinion, based on her recent remarks, that she knows absolutely nothing. Still, perhaps it's worth a watch in the off chance we get something substantive from her about the current state of affairs.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    It is my opinion, based on her recent remarks, that she knows absolutely nothing. Still, perhaps it's worth a watch in the off chance we get something substantive from her about the current state of affairs.

Shame its not Jonathan Ross.
    He is a massive Bond fan and would have quizzed her all night about Bond.