No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Interesting....

Craig clams up immediately as soon as Danny Boyle's name is mentioned. Meanwhile, Rachel confirms it (presuming that was question she was asked; considering the way the video is edited but there's a chance it's deliberately misleading).

So Danny isn't signed on? The Hollywood Reporter said only last week that the deal was closed. I wonder what this means...could we see the re-emergence of Yann Demange?

What was Demange’s good idea?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think we’re reading too much in to it. Craig was being evasive because he doesn’t want to confirm/deny anything while speaking for someone else. He’s awaiting EON or Boyle’s official word, that’s why he gave the answer he did. Body language is everything, also. I think his smile is very telling.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Interesting....

Craig clams up immediately as soon as Danny Boyle's name is mentioned. Meanwhile, Rachel confirms it (presuming that was question she was asked; considering the way the video is edited but there's a chance it's deliberately misleading).

So Danny isn't signed on? The Hollywood Reporter said only last week that the deal was closed. I wonder what this means...could we see the re-emergence of Yann Demange?

Not publicly, no. THR said, "...with the Bond 25 release date looming and director Danny Boyle’s deal done", which could mean all sorts of things (if it's even true). I think their source meant to say that Boyle has signed something which promises that he'll direct IF Hodge's script is approved. As of now we have no idea if the producers have even seen it though.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Getafix wrote: »
    This thread needs a discussion about whether it would be a good idea to have cameos from all the surviving Bonds. Dalton as villain, Brozza as the MI6 janitor and Sean as a holographic uber mentor. Laz will play himself. And an ‘In memory of Sir Rog’ at the start of course.

Obviously it’s a dismal idea but in the absence of news or any good ideas I think it’s worth flogging this one to death for a couple of pages.

I had hoped that SC would have a cameo in SP: Moneypenny arrives at Bond's flat, and just before knocking, an elderly gentleman (Connery) passes in the hall.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Daniel Craig confirms he'll be Bond 25

Looking DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,277
    It's all in the editing people. Rachel's answer refers to the Aston Martin, not to Danny Boyle being B25 director. It's very clear to me. Check this out...

Rachel is the one who has had some work done
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    This thread needs a discussion about whether it would be a good idea to have cameos from all the surviving Bonds. Dalton as villain, Brozza as the MI6 janitor and Sean as a holographic uber mentor. Laz will play himself. And an ‘In memory of Sir Rog’ at the start of course.

And he whistles The World Is Not Enough as Bond passes by.

They could always bring Moore back to life like they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. They should also do that with Niven.
    TripAces wrote: »

Obviously it’s a dismal idea but in the absence of news or any good ideas I think it’s worth flogging this one to death for a couple of pages.

I had hoped that SC would have a cameo in SP: Moneypenny arrives at Bond's flat, and just before knocking, an elderly gentleman (Connery) passes in the hall.

You must be joking. As @Getafix said, having a former Bond actor make a cameo in a Bond movie would be a dismal idea.
    it makes for an amusing thread tho.

frankly I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd done for DAD. film couldn't have been ant worse
  • bondjames wrote: »

If that's your idea of 'confirming' I would really like to know what you define as evasive/vague.

The journalist asks "what's next for you? Bond?" he answers "yeah" than the journalist asks "a Boyle's Bond" and there he says "we'll see"

Seems quite a confirmation to me
    I would have preferred a bit more clear response and further details (even if it's a comment that he will be able to reveal more shortly) rather than how he responded. He seemed ready to get out of there quickly once the conversation turned to Bond.

Irrespective, I don't see why we needed confirmation. Didn't he confirm in July of last year?

August of last year on the Stephen Colbert show.

Probably did it together on discount.

He confirmed it back in August

Look like she always has, doesn't she?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What he confirms here is that B25 is his next project. Nothing else in between.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    He looks really good there - great. As much as I enjoy all the chatting about Bond in general I sincerely hope some official news will follow, soon
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    In other news, water is indeed wet.

exactly
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    NicNac wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Personally I find it quite interesting what kind of extreme treatments a man is willing to undergo ( and obviously you on a regular basis ) of whom so many on this forum claim that he gives a shit about what people think of him or doesn't submit to the usual Hollywood procedures.

What? Are you saying you think he has cosmetic surgery, or the exact opposite?

OK how come I’ve gotten two warnings and a strike for saying the S word from BIRDLESON but when the Mod Nic Nac sees the word he doesn’t seem to care.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In other news, water is indeed wet.

Jake, update the headline.
    To what
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    He confirmed it back in August

He's re-confirming. :D

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    It's all in the editing people. Rachel's answer refers to the Aston Martin, not to Danny Boyle being B25 director. It's very clear to me. Check this out...

And why would people look on the internet to verify that Craig's Aston was the 007? I don't get it...

exactly

She's aged too, of course. Looking a little bit younger than her age, maybe. Wonder if she's ever been considered as a Bond girl?
    ggl007 wrote: »
    And why would people look on the internet to verify that Craig's Aston was the 007? I don't get it...

I fell you my friend, but we'll live with this doubt for now.

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    edited April 2018 Posts: 231
    Not sure if this has already been posted? (scrub this - it has!)
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/daniel-craig-bond-25-1202748989/
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 2,115
    Satorious wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been posted? (scrub this - it has!)
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/daniel-craig-bond-25-1202748989/

It's Variety doing a story based upon The Associated Press video. There's no harm leaving it up. It's an indication of how the video is being reported.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,273
    Saw a couple articles expressing worry that the film won’t be on time. I think if the ball gets rolling in May or June we should be fine. How long does pre-production normally take for Bond?

I will take the car off his hands!!!! Installments possible!!!! Lol!

Our boy is looking very well!!