No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    That rules Madeleine out. Good.

Not necessarily.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Definitely doesn't rule her out just yet, but one can hope.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    That rules Madeleine out. Good.

She filmed 'SPECTRE' and 'It’s Only The End Of The World' at the same time, which caused her and Mendes to clash. Barbara was okay with it, so could possibly let her do it again.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Definitely doesn't rule her out just yet, but one can hope.
    +1

Risico007 wrote: »
    In spite of so many Americans writing bond films I feel Americans have never been written well with the exception of Felix in the reboot universe and Maybe Henderson’s Felix.. it’s a sad day when are Christmas Jones is the best written American bond girl

Karma, if you ask me. How many times have American movies stereotyped Europeans, Asians, Africans, and the world really. It's nice to see them in the receiving end of that.
    90% sure Madeleine is gone.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    Standalone Bond 25, here we go!
    mattjoes wrote: »

Surely we can't arrive at such a conclusion just yet. There's nothing remotely concrete about her returning/not returning currently. She could be shooting that aforementioned film at any point in 2019.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Hopefully not. I want Blofeld to return in Bond 25. Just drop any mention about brothergate, write him a menacing villain and have Bond and Blofeld epic final showdown in Bond 25.

Surely we can't arrive at such a conclusion just yet. There's nothing remotely concrete about her returning/not returning currently. She could be shooting that aforementioned film at any point in 2019.
    I didn't. It's just a step in the right direction. ;)
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,291
    Blofeld I can take or leave, depending on how he is used. It seems they struggle to implement his character in the movies though outside of the first few (FRWL, TB, OHMSS, and YOLT does it okay I guess). Maybe better to leave him alone. Whatever gives us the best Bond film.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Blofeld I can take or leave, depending on how he is used. It seems they struggle to implement his character in the movies though outside of the first few (FRWL, TB, OHMSS, and YOLT does it okay I guess). Maybe better to leave him alone. Whatever gives us the best Bond film.

Blofeld's primary value today is as the kingpin of a freelance terrorist group. Since Bond can't fight the Russians or Chinese without forfeiting box office, a large terrorist organization like Spectre is suited to being a naturally recurring, long-term enemy. Unfortunately, the film Spectre blew all that by dragging Blofeld out of the behind-the-scenes role, which he could have sustained across several films, and turning him into a campy villain with an incredibly contrived "personal" connection to Bond. Unless the filmmakers are willing to clean up part of that mess, it might be better to retain Spectre but give it a new boss...one more like the old Blofeld.

And who's to say they don't bump her off in the first 10-20 min and Bond goes on a YOLT mission of revenge for the rest of the picture? In that scenario, she wouldn't have to have a lot of availability to shoot for a week.
    If they forget about the stepbrother idea they can make a fine film with Blofeld in it. I wouldn't mind too much if he returned in Bond 25. But I would prefer a standalone story. It would just feel fresher, which is just what the doctor ordered.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/5588136/this-is-your-chance-to-buy-james-bonds-car-as-daniel-craigs-400000-aston-martin-vanquish-goes-up-for-sale/

New photo of Daniel posing next to his personal Aston Martin that he’s auctioning off for charity. Great picture of him!

Distancing himself from Bond by selling his Aston possibly? I'm sure it'll fetch a pretty penny for his charity though.
    JET007 wrote: »

And who's to say they don't bump her off in the first 10-20 min and Bond goes on a YOLT mission of revenge for the rest of the picture? In that scenario, she wouldn't have to have a lot of availability to shoot for a week.

Nobody, which is why I'm not jumping at any "confirmations" or non-confirmations based on Seydoux shooting a movie next year. We don't know when it shoots, how long it shoots, nor do we have any semblance of an idea of what's in store for B25.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    She filmed 'SPECTRE' and 'It’s Only The End Of The World' at the same time, ....
    That could explain a lot.
  • Jeff Snider has spoken more about Bond 25 at 58 mins

It seems that the deal was supposed to have been made by now....but hasn't. Is this move in trouble?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Jeff Snider has spoken more about Bond 25 at 58 mins

It seems that the deal was supposed to have been made by now....but hasn't. Is this move in trouble?

No idea. I wouldn’t have expected any deal to be made with a director yet. In fact I would’ve been surprised if something was announced already. If nothing is announced by March or April then I’d start worrying.
    Jeff Snider has spoken more about Bond 25 at 58 mins

I'm wondering if the director is up for an Oscar and the agents are stalling negotiations, waiting for a potential win and higher asking price.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2018 Posts: 8,011
    Craig + Campbell + Arnold = Bookend of the Craig era. Quit chasing prestige and give us a solid,entertaining Bond.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Craig + Campbell + Arnold = Bookend of the Craig era. Quite chasing prestige and give us a solid,entertaining Bond.

Well said.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Craig + Campbell + Arnold = Bookend of the Craig era. Quite chasing prestige and give us a solid,entertaining Bond.

IF ONLY!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Only in our hearts and our dreams
    With a good script, is there little doubt that we would get a film that would be satisfying and would give the Craig tenure a cohesiveness it so desperately needs? I also think being re-united with Campbell would be invigorating for Craig, a going back to HIS roots.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I agree with all that. A cracking good team.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Craig + Campbell + Arnold = Bookend of the Craig era. Quit chasing prestige and give us a solid,entertaining Bond.

Complete with bad sets, amateurish camera angles, and the worst costuming in the DC era? Don't get me wrong, CR is on my top 5, but there are some awful things in that film that demonstrate that Campbell is a second rate director. CR is a good film in spite of Campbell and not because of him.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    +1
    TripAces wrote: »

Complete with bad sets, amateurish camera angles, and the worst costuming in the DC era? Don't get me wrong, CR is on my top 5, but there are some awful things in that film that demonstrate that Campbell is a second rate director. CR is a good film in spite of Campbell and not because of him.

We obviously saw two different films
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TripAces wrote: »

Whaaaa?
    giphy.gif