No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I still suspect it's because they don't have anything to say yet.

There’s no way! I thought that too, but there must be in more in place than we think, otherwise Craig wouldn’t have come back.

I still have problems to believe that the man who starred in the two most logic defying bond movies of all time and a movie titled cowboys and aliens cares for anything but a healthy paycheck.
    Kind of cherry-picking, aren't we? I can just as easily say that a man who starred in two of the most critically-lauded and financially successful Bond films as well as films like Munich and Layer Cake must care more about the material rather than the money.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

There’s no way! I thought that too, but there must be in more in place than we think, otherwise Craig wouldn’t have come back.

I still have problems to believe that the man who starred in the two most logic defying bond movies of all time and a movie titled cowboys and aliens cares for anything but a healthy paycheck.
    Kind of cherry-picking, aren't we? I can just as easily say that a man who starred in two of the most critically-lauded and financially successful Bond films as well as films like Munich and Layer Cake must care more about the material rather than the money.

Quite. I still have problems believing a man like @noSolaceleft doesn’t live in a dungeon with a single bottomless wicker chair and a manservant who whips his balls, such is his ubiquitous bleating about this era.
  • jake24 wrote: »

Note, I didn't say he shuns a good script like the devil a Christmas celebration. I'd rather say he takes them indiscriminately.
  • RC7 wrote: »

Quite. I still have problems believing a man like @noSolaceleft doesn’t live in a dungeon with a single bottomless wicker chair and a manservant who whips his balls, such is his ubiquitous bleating about this era.

Of course you have all the right in the world not to care about script quality. I guess it's rather a thing of "some have it, some don't". You obviously don't.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Of course you have all the right in the world not to care about script quality. I guess it's rather a thing of "some have it, some don't". You obviously don't.

If you care about script quality you came to the wrong franchise, sunshine.
  • RC7 wrote: »

You know, indeed that comes as a surprise to me. Not that you would recognize a good script even if it bites you in the face.
  • RC7RC7

You know, indeed that comes as a surprise to me. Not that you would recognize a good script even if it bites you in the face.

Sure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

You have ZERO credibility.
  • TripAces wrote: »

You have ZERO credibility.

Just like Tosca, applying logic is not for everyone.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,991

Note, I didn't say he shuns a good script like the devil a Christmas celebration. I'd rather say he takes them indiscriminately.

I'd say that Craig chooses director above script.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    echo wrote: »

I'd say that Craig chooses director above script.
    Based on the evidence to date, I would have to agree.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Does that mean Denis Villeneuve is the director?
  • I think Craig came back because he wanted to go out on a critical high like CR and SF. If SP had been better recieved I reckon he would have left it at that but he strikes me as a bit of a perfectionist, I think especially now he's had a taste of the whole "best Bond ever" hype he won't want to go out on a dud. I really enjoyed SP and I know it did well but the reviews were about the same as QoS (generally seen as a misstep) and it's gotten a proper slating online since it came out. It definitely won't be seen as a classic and I think that's what he'll want for his last one.

I remember before SF, him and Mendes said that they wanted to make a film that meant when you asked someone to name a Bond movie, instead of Goldfinger they'd say Skyfall. The guy cares about how popular/well recieved the films are and the legacy he's leaving, and I think that was probably the decider that got him to come back.

The guy makes a living from it to be fair so I'm sure he knows better than most of us.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I think we're capable of having a legitimate debate without resorting to playground insults. Or perhaps not.
  • I think Craig came back because he wanted to go out on a critical high like CR and SF. If SP had been better recieved I reckon he would have left it at that but he strikes me as a bit of a perfectionist, I think especially now he's had a taste of the whole "best Bond ever" hype he won't want to go out on a dud. I really enjoyed SP and I know it did well but the reviews were about the same as QoS (generally seen as a misstep) and it's gotten a proper slating online since it came out. It definitely won't be seen as a classic and I think that's what he'll want for his last one.

I remember before SF, him and Mendes said that they wanted to make a film that meant when you asked someone to name a Bond movie, instead of Goldfinger they'd say Skyfall. The guy cares about how popular/well recieved the films are and the legacy he's leaving, and I think that was probably the decider that got him to come back.

The guy makes a living from it to be fair so I'm sure he knows better than most of us.

Well, Theresa May makes a living as Prime minister. Need I say more?
  • Here's a timeline of Bond 25 events from May 2016 until now. Leaves out the helicopter purchase (which appears not be Bond 25 related). Leaves out U.K. bookie odds and such.

https://spycommandfeatures.wordpress.com/bond-25-timeline/
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/5588136/this-is-your-chance-to-buy-james-bonds-car-as-daniel-craigs-400000-aston-martin-vanquish-goes-up-for-sale/

New photo of Daniel posing next to his personal Aston Martin that he’s auctioning off for charity. Great picture of him!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/5588136/this-is-your-chance-to-buy-james-bonds-car-as-daniel-craigs-400000-aston-martin-vanquish-goes-up-for-sale/

New photo of Daniel posing next to his personal Aston Martin that he’s auctioning off for charity. Great picture of him!
    He looks very cool there. I don’t know if it’s the haircut or anything but he looks younger than usual there, as well.
    The photo can also be found on Instagram under @motographia
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    He looks very airbrushed to my eyes in that photo.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He does look good there.

nintchdbpict000385417913.jpg?strip=all&w=640
    If that's a recent picture of him, he looks as though he could be starting his reign as Bond rather than finishing it.
    According to the photographer on IG, it was taken two weeks ago.
    Impressive! I like that look for Bond 25!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2018 Posts: 7,990
    I've been involved with a lot of photo shoots, on both sides of the camera; this is a great looking shot but it has been massaged a bit.
    With that said, groomed and in shape, Daniel will look great in 25.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 6,756
    Yeah, you can see the Photoshop on his face. Though I'm sure he'll look good in Bond 25.
    Meh. Most of those kinds of pictures have some elements of photoshop.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That is true, some more than others.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Well that is certainly his Bruno Cucinelli jacket. The same one that he wore for that hurricane charity telethon last year.
    7ERmskm.jpg

This is Craig from two days ago in London with chef Michael Nadra, for reference (no airbrushing here).
    K4t9DOm.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2018 Posts: 4,554

That is not what he said here:

ToTheRight wrote: »
    If that's a recent picture of him, he looks as though he could be starting his reign as Bond rather than finishing it.

It must be. That brown jacket has been a fave of his over the past few months.