No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondsum wrote: »
    Let's not got ahead of ourselves @Bernie99. I too like Ramin Djawadi and think he'd make an interesting choice for a future Bond score. But, until a director has been appointed, a composer won't be top of their priorities, nor will there be any forthcoming announcements. The same applies to the title performing artist. Another thing will be scheduling and how it fits in with B25's post production. Also, I'm not entirely sure whether Ramin Djawadi will be available for scoring duties as he seems to be a very busy chap. Though I do share your enthusiasm for Ramin Djawadi.

This brings me back to an old topic: Christopher Nolan's brother, Jonathan, who Exec Produced Westworld. Djawadi composed the music for that...yes, fantastic.
    Christopher would be an interesting choice for a Bond film, if his brother were to ultimately pass. All the accolades go to Christopher, but Jonathan is no slouch.

But my favorite director/composer combo right now is Fincher + Reznor/Ross. Imagine what they could do with a Bond film. (Sigh)

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,979
    The stepbrother angle might have worked if Oberhauser (a Largo-like figure) and Blofeld were two separate people.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It’s sad that i wanted moneypenny and Q and all them to return back to the series after QOS, I was missing them, and then they returned and now I would rather they went away forever because CR and QOS proved that Bond is better without them, at least Craig’s Bond is.
    They brought them back too soon and forced it in a bit too obviously. Bottom line is this entire reboot idea has put them in a bind because to a degree it's affected the audience's perceptions psychologically re: long held tropes. MP, Q, the office, GB, bond theme, the gadgets etc. etc. They poked fun at it and it was cute for a while. Then they brought it back and it just isn't the same anymore.

No, they stripped the characters back (CR had Moneypenny- and Q-like characters but they only had a scene or two) but Mendes shoehorned Moneypenny and Q back in. I like SF much more than SP, but even in SF, Moneypenny's arc to the desk made no sense. It was just there for a plot twist.
    IDK how any of us would handle ourselves mentally if we didn't get the news of Craig confirming he will be back and Bond 25 release date.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    There are other things to keep one occupied. I've a lot of things that keep me pleased.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185
    There are other things to keep one occupied. I've a lot of things that keep me pleased.

Lots of great Bond comics for example ;)

But i am not worried about B25,
    It'll get off the ground eventually
    00Agent wrote: »

Elementary, my dear @00Agent. Elementary. ;)
    It's going by quick, I think we'll know who the director is this spring, the locations & plot rumors & themes will drip & leak out by summer imo. The summer of 2014 we knew Austria, Rome, & a plane crashing through a barn would be in the film.
    Yes, things will start moving forward announcement-wise once these award shoes are done with.
    With these endless pages of posts despite the absence of news, I dare not imagine how this thread is going to explode once some significant news has dropped. Scary thought.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    boldfinger wrote: »
    With these endless pages of posts despite the absence of news, I dare not imagine how this thread is going to explode once some significant news has dropped. Scary thought.

I would expect the fine people behind the site should prepare for a server overload. :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I hope that when it comes time for a "Bond 26 Production Diary" we just change the title and use this thread. I want to see how many pages we can get this up to. :D
    Give it two years till it's considered. ;)
    Here's a possible bit of news in this article. It's from the daily mirror so have some salt handy
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craigs-bodyguard-saved-bond-11846818
    00Agent wrote: »

Sadly the comics really have been the only thing from Bond a liked between Spectre and Bond 25...

I found trigger Mortis bland and the less we talk about Eon not getting the gaming industry the better...

Which as an aside which will likely put me in hot water I didn’t think Greg’s handling of Activision was that bad again I enjoyed Bloodstone Goldeneye and even Legends. It’s his post activision nonesense that makes me fear his future leadership role.
    saxby wrote: »
    Here's a possible bit of news in this article. It's from the daily mirror so have some salt handy
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craigs-bodyguard-saved-bond-11846818

a tl;dr - this is an interview with one of Craig's bodyguards who also worked for Belucci.
    Mino said the latest 007 film, codenamed Bond 25, may be partly set in Venice and include exciting boat chases.

He said: “Spectre featured a car chase through Rome and I’ve been tipped James Bond is coming back to Venice. He has a long history with this city.”

If the story is indeed (as blasphemous as it may be for some of you) a 'farewell' to Craig's Bond, closing his story (it makes sense doesn't it? We had his origins with CR...), Venice playing a part makes a lot of sense.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185
    antovolk wrote: »
    saxby wrote: »

a tl;dr - this is an interview with one of Craig's bodyguards who also worked for Belucci.
    Mino said the latest 007 film, codenamed Bond 25, may be partly set in Venice and include exciting boat chases.

He said: “Spectre featured a car chase through Rome and I’ve been tipped James Bond is coming back to Venice. He has a long history with this city.”

If the story is indeed (as blasphemous as it may be for some of you) a 'farewell' to Craig's Bond, closing his story (it makes sense doesn't it? We had his origins with CR...), Venice playing a part makes a lot of sense.

I was hoping for something like that. Italy was used so extensively in Craigs movies that it almost became a theme in itself. Lots of important Moments as well, vespers death, in fact the whole sequence of them falling in love, the Spectre meeting, him meeting Mr. White the first time. The only one of his movies that wasn't shot somewhere in Italy was Skyfall which was initially not part of the continuation.
    Having him back there would strongly hint that this movie will continue (and close?) his overall storyline.

But of course i believe it when I see it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Italy again? A little more creativity would be appreciated by this viewer. There's an entire world to explore and that's what Bond films used to be about. Take him to Asia and let's get something exotic.
    TripAces wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    Let's not got ahead of ourselves @Bernie99. I too like Ramin Djawadi and think he'd make an interesting choice for a future Bond score. But, until a director has been appointed, a composer won't be top of their priorities, nor will there be any forthcoming announcements. The same applies to the title performing artist. Another thing will be scheduling and how it fits in with B25's post production. Also, I'm not entirely sure whether Ramin Djawadi will be available for scoring duties as he seems to be a very busy chap. Though I do share your enthusiasm for Ramin Djawadi.

This brings me back to an old topic: Christopher Nolan's brother, Jonathan, who Exec Produced Westworld. Djawadi composed the music for that...yes, fantastic.
    Christopher would be an interesting choice for a Bond film, if his brother were to ultimately pass. All the accolades go to Christopher, but Jonathan is no slouch.

But my favorite director/composer combo right now is Fincher + Reznor/Ross. Imagine what they could do with a Bond film. (Sigh)
    I too like Fincher @TripAces but I don't think he's a very good fit for Bond. He seems perhaps far too meticulous for a Bond production, whereby problems need to be resolved quickly and not get bogged down in too much drama. I've read that Fincher is infamous for his multiple-take directing style and how demanding he is on set. I don't think this is how Eon really want to go about their business, especially when they have a history of working with cool-headed directors such as the unflappable Lewis Gilbert, who probably was the only Bond director to have had to deal with productions on such a mammoth logistical scale that would cause most directors to have a meltdown or go way over budget. Also, Fincher's involvement with World War Z II has been an ongoing saga that just can't seem to get off the ground, for whatever reasons; the same can be said of many of his previous projects. I don't know, if you're going to go for Fincher then you might as well go for broke and get Spielberg to do the job. Put it this way, if Fincher was suddenly announced for the directing job of B25 I'd be wondering how long it would take before he walked off the project to start something else. It's such a shame as I'd really like to see more Fincher movies being made, but I think perhaps he's his own worst enemy.

The main drawback of hiring Jonathan Nolan to direct is that he only has 3 TV directing jobs to his name. Maybe if he had more then he could be a possible contender, but like his brother before him, he needs to steadily build his reputation up first with more directing gigs. I'm not saying that he won't be any good, it's just a bit of a gamble that they needn't take a risk with. Though Christopher McQuarrie has shown that it's not entirely necessary to have a long resume, so there are exceptions. I don't know. I wouldn't want to be Eon right now trying to find and lock-in a director.
    Jonathan Nolan could hypothetically write (even B25 if they wanted) a Bond treatment without Chris directing. Then Chris and brother could come in to deliver the next one with Bond #007.

I wouldn't be averse to EON keeping the same director (or using an old hand) for the next two to maintain some familiarity. Somewhat like they did with Moore's, Dalton's and Craig's introduction. Additionally, I would strongly prefer that they lock the director down for at least the first two films of the new Bond actor.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Bonds going back to Venice with exciting boat chases in bond 25 http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craigs-bodyguard-saved-bond-11846818
    A coastal car chase in Dubrovnik, and an exciting boat chase in Venice? Yes, please!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I'm getting CR vibes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Italy again? A little more creativity would be appreciated by this viewer. There's an entire world to explore and that's what Bond films used to be about. Take him to Asia and let's get something exotic.

This. If true, there are countless other countries Craig's Bond should be visiting at this point.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Moore was in Italy three films in a row.
    I was hoping Bond could make an appearance in New York or Florida this time around. New Zealand, Cuba, or Cananda would b nice too.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Craig’s Bond belongs in italy
    Moore was in Italy three films in a row.
    The point is more that Venice has been done several times in the past in Bond films, including in a Craig one.
    Italy again? Wouldn't mind that, actually. Some of the best looking scenes from the previous Craig-films have been made there. Not that other countries couldn't match that, of course.
    Italy is a country that resonates quite well with an adventure occurring in a James Bond film.
    They might as well have the entire 3rd act take place in London again.