No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    No tux-- keep the suit... I'm old school...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    With Craig, I don't think a tux gunbarrel is happening.

Since his era of Bond is serious and based on realism, the tux will make it seem far-fetched and too extravagant in accordance to the template they're following.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Except for his videogames. :P

Yes, but the video games never kept in tandem with the films other than remaining where QoS last was. Even 007 Legends lived up to the spirit of QoS.

Skyfall quite set the path where Craig's era was heading and staying.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Murdock wrote: »

When was there a gunbarrel in bloodstone?
    Murdock wrote: »

When was there a gunbarrel in bloodstone?
    When you complete the game on full 007 difficulty, the Gunbarrel appears as a gift.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 15,785
    I think the only thing that looked right on those video game gunbarrels would be the white dots. Sadly, Craig's real gunbarrels have much more in common with those game renditions than they do Maurice Binder.
    I'd say B25 is the last chance to get that sequence right in Craig's era.
    Just watched SPECTRE again. Wondering what the general concensus is here, if there is one, on whether you speculate that 25 might work in what happened with Bond at the end of SP--or how far back on this thread I should go for the discussion. At the end, Q says, "Bond? I thought you'd gone". Bond says "I have", and the way the two say the lines makes it sound as if he's leaving on longer than the normal vacation and possibly giving it up for good. I guess even if 25 doesn't mention it, a lot of moviegoers would just accept it or not even remember.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @Thrasos I see this is sort of Bond 25 related, but if it creates a discussion of its own can I suggest the Bond question thread
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#latest
    Thanks
  • NY Post says "surprising plot" for Bond 25 leaks. (Actually not surprising for those familiar with novels and previous films.)

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/04/surprising-plot-for-new-james-bond-movie-leaks/

NY Post says "surprising plot" for Bond 25 leaks. (Actually not surprising for those familiar with novels and previous films.)

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/04/surprising-plot-for-new-james-bond-movie-leaks/

If they use that plot then i'm not watching it.
  • RC7RC7
    This is a route one fan hypothesis, not an 'insider'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Someone's desperate for clicks. Nothing worth wasting energy over.
    What does it say (to save me clicking through it)?
    I can't say I will be extremely happy if this rumour turns out to be true, but it could work. In fact, it could work pretty well as long as the plot does not involve the return of Blofeld.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    NicNac wrote: »

Bond and Swann get married and she gets killed by Blofeld. Seriously, people predicted this way before SPECTRE came out, you don't need an insider for such a prediction.
  • I can’t help but feel this approach is about as lazy and derivative an idea as you can get for a sequel to SP’s events….

Didn’t they already attempt to do a revenge-type plot with QOS? Aren’t we just going around in circles? Perhaps, Demange has a brilliant take on it, that makes retrending old ground so fascinating.

Personally, I think it makes more sense for Swann and Bond to have split up. He’s James Bond after all; the likelihood is that he’s moved on. He’s a man that can’t commit, regardless of his intention. Just think of the hotel scene with Paris Carver - As soon as she got too close, he had to leave. He may not have wanted to, but it’s in his nature. I know plenty of blokes who are similar….

Surely this idea makes Bond far more intricate a character? I’m not interested in seeing Craig do a Liam Neeson impression.
    Walecs wrote: »

Bond and Swann get married and she gets killed by Blofeld. Seriously, people predicted this way before SPECTRE came out, you don't need an insider for such a prediction.

Oh right....never done that before. Then we could have Bond 26 feature Blofeld in drag, on an oil rig. Could work.
    Walecs wrote: »

Oh right....never done that before. Then we could have Bond 26 feature Blofeld in drag, on an oil rig. Could work.

Could work if they have an interesting twist on it.
    Well, what I will say is, if there's any truth in this story, the rumoured choice of director, who has made a name for himself for hard gritty action and drama, would make sense. I can also see Eon and P&W digging into Fleming material from OHMSS and YOLT. Again, time will reveal all.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,031
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Well, what I will say is, if there's any truth in this story, the rumoured choice of director, who has made a name for himself for hard gritty action and drama, would make sense. I can also see Eon and P&W digging into Fleming material from OHMSS and YOLT. Again, time will reveal all.

Sounds like it'll be a cross between OHMSS and YOLT novels, if true. An original title for Spectre was The Death Collector - pointing towards an intention to use YOLT the novel.
    YOLT novel would be good.
    I can almost guarantee this happens. Unfortunately we live in a world where Hollywood just plays it safe by repeating what worked in the past. Blofeld killed his wife in the Connery films so they gotta do it again. Why else would the Force Awaken make 2 billion dollars by simply replaying the plot of the original Star Wars if people didn't want to see it? It's pathetic and lazy but there it is.
    Most action films tend to revolve around certain basic concepts, the most common of which is revenge.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Blofeld killed his wife in the Connery films

He did?
    So I suppose he will be 'going rogue' again then..*yawn*...

I think I might wait until a new Bond with a mission based film comes along,i really cant stomach another 'Rogue/Revenge' element.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    So I suppose he will be 'going rogue' again then..*yawn*...

I think I might wait until a new Bond with a mission based film comes along,i really cant stomach another 'Rogue/Revenge' element.

To be fair in YOLT the novel he doesn't go 'rogue'.
  • RC7RC7
    These 'inside stories' are just cribbed from fan hypotheses on social media and forums. Calm down, people. Let's not start another round of, 'This is the worst thing to happen since AIDS'.
    RC7 wrote: »
    These 'inside stories' are just cribbed from fan hypotheses on social media and forums. Calm down, people. Let's not start another round of, 'This is the worst thing to happen since AIDS'.

Yep, we have no way of knowing how much, if any of it, is true, but the apparent choice of director suggests a gritty film.

What's the rumour on the director?