No Time To Die: Production Diary

1206120622064206620672583

Comments

  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I suspect Soderbergh was talking about Solo as well, but it still surprises me because I thought he was done with big studio films.

    But SOLO has been filmed and released and is available for purchase. It's now old news. I find it surprising that Soderbergh would still be sworn to secrecy.

    I think he was referring to Bond 25.
    Good point. It's possible. Solo seems a bit far out of his wheelhouse too, while Bond is within the realm of possibility.
  • Posts: 3,721
    bondjames wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    If it's such a bloody hardship for you to read this thread, then . . . don't this this thread. Simple as that.

    For some users, this thread is more addictive than the hardest of drugs. We've reached 2065 pages talking & arguing over basically nothing, as filming starts in 1 month and we still know very little about B25.
    It's the Seinfeld of threads, complete with its own MI6 form of neurosis. A legend.

    Ain't that the truth, dear friend. Well said.
  • Posts: 535
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting very excited now. Bond 25 begins production next month!

    My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

    THIS! Thank you! :)

    It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

    The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.
  • Posts: 3,721
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting very excited now. Bond 25 begins production next month!

    My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

    THIS! Thank you! :)

    It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

    The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.

    It's the breath before the plunge, dear friend. Let's take it in ;)
  • Posts: 535
    Univex wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting very excited now. Bond 25 begins production next month!

    My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

    THIS! Thank you! :)

    It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

    The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.

    It's the breath before the plunge, dear friend. Let's take it in ;)

    Base-Jump.gif
  • Posts: 394
    It would be hilarious if Ron Howard ends up directing the movie.
  • Posts: 3,318
    Univex wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting very excited now. Bond 25 begins production next month!

    My feelings exactly. And I'm actually crossing my fingers and hoping for no news at all. I want to be caught by surprise for a change. In other productions, I usually know the cast, crew, sometimes I had read the script already. And it had some fun to it, but in other aspects, it took the fun away. I hope they keep a tight lid on everything. No leaks, please. No info. None at all. Please!

    THIS! Thank you! :)

    It's hard enough to stop myself from reading spoilers when these things are in production. Or checking out every new image. Or watching every trailer obsessively.

    The very thing being complained about most is the thing I love most about Bond 25 right now. We know next to nothing. It could be anything. And soon, we're going to start finding out. I'm actually trying to enjoy these last moments while it's all still open possibility.

    It's the breath before the plunge, dear friend. Let's take it in ;)

    This says more about your own self control if nothing else.

    I’m not going to read spoilers or the script before I see the film. The fact that people did for Spectre still puzzles me.

    However, it’s a completely different story in terms of cast/crew/location updates. These are essential components of any film in pre-production. All I want are some morsels.

    Most indie films cast very last minute – some big productions leave it quite late as well. The only difference though is big name talent is usually booked up. If Eon want ‘stars’ – which has been the rumour – they may be running outta time (assuming they haven’t signed someone up already).

    In other news, Barbara Broccoli did not personally collect her BIFA award last night in central London. Can we assume she's in LA working on the film - or perhaps even on location?

  • Posts: 3,721
    @Pierce2Daniel, you sir, are a real spy. Lucky for us that you're around. Thank you.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 1 Posts: 2,096

    I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Lady Gaga to be honest. I know she's very pop, like Dua Lipa, but she's way more adaptable to a new sound. Just listen to this:

  • Posts: 352
    TBH I semi expect Craig to request Adele come back for his final outing. It's not like Eon haven't reused opening acts before.
  • edited February 1 Posts: 4,619
    Is it really possible? Could it be that THE press conference we all have been waiting for since the end of 2015 will be held within ONE month? Feels surreal!
  • ShakenNotStirredShakenNotStirred San Monique
    Posts: 554
    It's the calm before the storm I say, 1 month to go!
  • Posts: 10,850
    B25. Is it cursed?
  • Posts: 5,321
    Is it really possible? Could it be that THE press conference we all have been waiting for since the end of 2015 will be held within ONE month? Feels surreal!
    Not all have been waiting for it. I am amongst those who could do well without. Fury Road all the way, yeay :-)!

  • Posts: 11,594
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Is it really possible? Could it be that THE press conference we all have been waiting for since the end of 2015 will be held within ONE month? Feels surreal!
    Not all have been waiting for it. I am amongst those who could do well without. Fury Road all the way, yeay :-)!

    Same. It wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't a press conference. I usually just skip to the title reveal and check who's among the cast. I've yet to this day to watch a press conference in full.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 1 Posts: 2,096
    It'll be interesting, if they do have a press conference, when will we find out? Because obviously the press will need to know quite a bit of time before so they can organise who they're going to send and what time and so on. My guess for the date would between the 1st - 2nd, with an announcent of the date maybe mid-February, seeing as they start filming at Pinewood on the 4th.

    Also I'm very interested in the words Barbara and Michael used when they announced Fukunaga as director. They mentioned his "versatility" and "innovation".
  • Posts: 9,276
    I just checked SP’s conference/production situation. The conference was held December 4 and the shooting began December 8 (2014). The 4th had been a Thursday. If the pattern repeats we would get our new one on the 28th? Whenever it is it probably will be a week within shooting.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Posts: 521
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Also I'm very interested in the words Barbara and Michael used when they announced Fukunaga as director. They mentioned his "versatility" and "innovation".
    I interpret this as he isn't getting a monster budget.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,096
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Also I'm very interested in the words Barbara and Michael used when they announced Fukunaga as director. They mentioned his "versatility" and "innovation".
    I interpret this as he isn't getting a monster budget.

    You really think they're gonna spare any expense on Craig's last film. This isn't the time for a low-budget Bond film.
  • Posts: 11,602
    Denbigh wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    All I can say is at least we are another day closer to learning the facts.

    What makes you say this?

    Well sooner or later their will be a press conference.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I just checked SP’s conference/production situation. The conference was held December 4 and the shooting began December 8 (2014). The 4th had been a Thursday. If the pattern repeats we would get our new one on the 28th? Whenever it is it probably will be a week within shooting.

    Well it is certainly something to look forward too. Getting exciting now!!!
  • Posts: 1,358
    I hope they do a SP like press event opposed to a full on "press conference" Title reveal, cast reveal, and a few juicy details. Sometimes the world press ask the most dumb questions or ones that obviously can't be answered. SF's was a lot like that. Give us the info you're ready to give us and then move on. I can't wait!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 9,875
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I hope they do a SP like press event opposed to a full on "press conference" Title reveal, cast reveal, and a few juicy details. Sometimes the world press ask the most dumb questions or ones that obviously can't be answered. SF's was a lot like that. Give us the info you're ready to give us and then move on. I can't wait!
    Agreed.
  • =bg==bg= SFO
    Posts: 1,007
    I'd like a nice website to go along with the movie reveal too. they used to do nice ones back when the web was just getting going, but they just threw a few items on the 007 site for the last few as far as I remember. BTW, Beyonce for the song, please. With lots of Barry brass.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    edited February 2 Posts: 7,027
    So we know the conference date for SPECTRE, and we know the date of start of production. But does anyone remember which day the conference was announced to be held?

    That might give us a clue as to when we will get a conference date for B25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,096
    So we know the conference date for SPECTRE, and we know the date of start of production. But does anyone remember which day the conference was announced to be held?

    That might give us a clue as to when we will get a conference date for B25.

    I'm not entirely sure if this is correct, but I found this article from the 2nd December 2014, that states that, "Earlier today, on the 007 Facebook and Twitter pages, teaser images were released showing the countdown to December 4th."

    https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/bond-24-title-and-cast-announcement-december-4-2014

    So I'm guessing they'll announce it a couple of days before, so I imagine we'll get the announcement and the conference at the end of February, maybe even beginning of March.
  • edited February 2 Posts: 2,111
    So we know the conference date for SPECTRE, and we know the date of start of production. But does anyone remember which day the conference was announced to be held?

    That might give us a clue as to when we will get a conference date for B25.

    Apparently, the advisory went out two days ahead of the SPECTRE press event.

    Twitter post:



    Facebook post:
    https://www.facebook.com/JamesBond007GB/photos/a.175707369188755.40681.167093060050186/771222172970602/?type=1&theater

  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,305
    This will be the longest month ever.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Posts: 7,027
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    This will be the longest month ever.

    Traidtionally its the shortest. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.