No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,961
    peter wrote: »
    I'll believe any kind of delay when it's officially announced-- in the end did this guy hear they start shooting (in Italy) in April, or principal starts in April?

And now B25 will boast Stone, Johnson and Mara.

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

And Al Pacino!

I don't care if filming is delayed a month. Say it with me: get the script right!
    Just give me something like this at the opening of Bond 25 and I'll be a happy camper (for the first few minutes or so but still)

Can't help but notice you de-yellowed the colour on SPECTRE there... ;)
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    edited February 2019 Posts: 98
    Remington wrote: »
    Really excited that Bond will be back at UA. It just feels right seeing the logo before the gunbarrel.
    Hope to see that : logo(s), and a nice classic gunbarrel
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Rooney Mara another not very inspiring rumour. Doubtless nonsense anyway.

Kate Mara would have been a more interesting choice.
  • A gunbarrel at the beginning is too canned and pastiche....there are 22 Bond movies with the gunbarrel at the beginning.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    How funny would it be if B25 was indefinitely canceled tomorrow
    It seems Jany Temine won't return. Her next project, Black Widow will reportedly start filming in about a month: https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-filming-start-date/

As funny as stepping on legos all day :(
    I would be OK with that as long as it resulted in BB going back to Danny Boyle and begging on her knees for his return.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I would be OK with that as long as it resulted in BB going back to Danny Boyle and begging on her knees for his return.

Things that aren’t going to happen: this.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I'm beginning to wonder...

I'm beginning to wonder...
    Production is gearing up, the cinematographer just confirmed that they are hard at work. Bond 25 won't be cancelled. On the other hand I would really appreciate it if they put out a short tweet confirming the date of start of filming. Fans deserve some certainty after so much uncertainty.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Denbigh wrote: »
    At this rate I feel like we won't know anything about this film until the first trailer, which in some people's books would be a welcome attribute.
    That would be a Dream come true. Seriously, what do we learn nowadays from a press conference, beyond multiple starting Points for misleading speculation?

A gunbarrel at the beginning is too canned and pastiche....there are 22 Bond movies with the gunbarrel at the beginning.

Only if it´s made in a nostalgic way. If it is done seriously, deadpan, and designed to fit into a Slick film, then it will blow people´s heads off.
    He's answered. But stands by what Sandgren told him, probably in mistake. Who knows?
    ; ok so I'm catching up-- glad he answered. And he could be right. But until EoN changes dates officially, this is still a misstatement or a rumour. On IMdBPro it reports the start date of shooting:

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

IMDbPro is based on membership. Nobody can touch a production page without proper verification.

Anything that's official with this film, remains as a March start (as I cut n pasted above). This could obviously change, but until it's done officially, from those that count, it has not budged from the original announcement-- and this tweet was delivered when? Early today?? You'd think EoN would let Deadline know? Change the date on their official ImDBPro Production Page?

Or what about the official 007 FB?
    Official 007 website?
    Official 007 Twitter Page?

None of these more resourceful media providers have gone along with this change od shoot dates.

None...
    I don't think I'll ever disagree with you @peter
    ; you'll live to regret that-- you're gonna make some on this site run for the closest washroom, friend.

I think you're getting distracted. why would Eon announce this? It's a non-story. The start date got pushed a few weeks. It no big deal. It has no impact on the film's release. I'll refer you to @jake24 for some peace of mind...
    jake24 wrote: »
    With respect, I highly doubt Sandgren of all people would make this kind of mistake. A one month push-back makes reasonable sense and, while hugely annoying, can only be beneficial to the end product.

It's coming on the 14 Feb 2020 regardless.

Relax, Pierce2Daniel... -- number one, as I just wrote another sane poster, delays on films happen ALL the time.

But, @Pierce2Daniel, it IS newsworthy in the entertainment industry because it usually means a new development has arisen to cause a postponement.

So delaying principal means a new development. That is news. And outlets like those I mentioned change shooting dates accordingly.

I also don't think Sandgren misspoke. I do believe he could have been MISQUOTED by the twit who writes for Collider.

So as I just moments ago told another poster, I am merely playing Devil's Advocate (and for good reason), until it is officially announced that principal, has indeed, been postponed for a month.

...minor shooting start date changes like this aren't usually actually newsworthy though, you won't have the likes of THR, Variety and Deadline taking about this stuff. They usually only mention it when shooting actually starts and the studio posts a press release. So the fact that they're yet to comment on the April thing means nothing as to whether it's actually true or not. And the Collider guy expressly clarified that it was Linus who told him April so....

All these examples you mentioned are major delays. One month is not major. Birds of Prey was reported to start shooting in early January and only began principal photography a week or so ago and no one from the trades made that delay into a news story.

@bondbat007 - don't believe Annapurna was ever due to have their logo appear since every MGM film released under the deal (like Operation Finale) just had MGM branding in the US.

@AlexanderWaverly I guess the UA logo being on international will depend on whether UA actually financed the film in some way (which is likely a no because it's merely a distribution operation). Blade Runner 2049 had Sony/Columbia on the US version because they actually put up $100m to the budget, while WB was merely doing domestic distribution because of the rights deal they had with Blade Runner producers for the US market historically. Notice how the international version of the film, despite the marketing materials having WB, just goes Sony/Columbia and Alcon Entertainment.
    The new UA logo incorporates the Annapurna logo to some extent anyway, rather cleverly.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    antovolk wrote: »
    He's answered. But stands by what Sandgren told him, probably in mistake. Who knows?
    ; ok so I'm catching up-- glad he answered. And he could be right. But until EoN changes dates officially, this is still a misstatement or a rumour. On IMdBPro it reports the start date of shooting:

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

IMDbPro is based on membership. Nobody can touch a production page without proper verification.

Anything that's official with this film, remains as a March start (as I cut n pasted above). This could obviously change, but until it's done officially, from those that count, it has not budged from the original announcement-- and this tweet was delivered when? Early today?? You'd think EoN would let Deadline know? Change the date on their official ImDBPro Production Page?

Official 007 website?

None of these more resourceful media providers have gone along with this change od shoot dates.

None...
    ; you'll live to regret that-- you're gonna make some on this site run for the closest washroom, friend.

I think you're getting distracted. why would Eon announce this? It's a non-story. The start date got pushed a few weeks. It no big deal. It has no impact on the film's release. I'll refer you to @jake24 for some peace of mind...
    With respect, I highly doubt Sandgren of all people would make this kind of mistake. A one month push-back makes reasonable sense and, while hugely annoying, can only be beneficial to the end product.

Relax, Pierce2Daniel... -- number one, as I just wrote another sane poster, delays on films happen ALL the time.

But, @Pierce2Daniel, it IS newsworthy in the entertainment industry because it usually means a new development has arisen to cause a postponement.

So delaying principal means a new development. That is news. And outlets like those I mentioned change shooting dates accordingly.

I also don't think Sandgren misspoke. I do believe he could have been MISQUOTED by the twit who writes for Collider.

So as I just moments ago told another poster, I am merely playing Devil's Advocate (and for good reason), until it is officially announced that principal, has indeed, been postponed for a month.

...minor shooting start date changes like this aren't usually actually newsworthy though, you won't have the likes of THR, Variety and Deadline taking about this stuff. They usually only mention it when shooting actually starts and the studio posts a press release. So the fact that they're yet to comment on the April thing means nothing as to whether it's actually true or not. And the Collider guy expressly clarified that it was Linus who told him April so....

All these examples you mentioned are major delays. One month is not major. Birds of Prey was reported to start shooting in early January and only began principal photography a week or so ago and no one from the trades made that delay into a news story.

@bondbat007 - don't believe Annapurna was ever due to have their logo appear since every MGM film released under the deal (like Operation Finale) just had MGM branding in the US.

@AlexanderWaverly I guess the UA logo being on international will depend on whether UA actually financed the film in some way (which is likely a no because it's merely a distribution operation). Blade Runner 2049 had Sony/Columbia on the US version because they actually put up $100m to the budget, while WB was merely doing domestic distribution because of the rights deal they had with Blade Runner producers for the US market historically. Notice how the international version of the film, despite the marketing materials having WB, just goes Sony/Columbia and Alcon Entertainment.

Nothing dealing with James Bond is minor. And if this was true one of the official sites, including the IMDbpro site would have corrected the start date— especially the IMDbpro site in their filming details (which had everything from start dates, development and pre production and script development dates, to what kind of film and/or video a production will be using); I can assure you, if this is true these details will be edited in, and other news outlets will report on it.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,512
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

Official 007 website?

None...

Nothing dealing with James Bond is minor. And if this was true one of the official sites, including the IMDbpro site would have corrected the start date— especially the IMDbpro site in their filming details (which had everything from start dates, development and pre production and script development dates, to what kind of film and/or video a production will be using); I can assure you, if this is true these details will be edited in, and other news outlets will report on it.

Slightly shocked and disappointed in @peter reaction. The whole "sky is falling" approach is something I associate with other board members. I regularly keep with film productions and know it's common for productions to move their start dates around. It's never a big deal if they move things by a few weeks. The story is if the release date changes. Considering @peter works in the industry, I'm unsure and hope we are not having an emperor's new clothes moment.

I always thought it was foolish for Eon to be so specific about a start date with the press/fans. If they just said "we start in March" that would naturally lead to speculation when in March and would make a push to April more digestible.

@antovolk post above is much more insightful reflection of the industry.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    There's a game I just played called "Google It"... because once a story is tweeted, other, more established players will pick up on the story, and, like people on this site, want an "official" response.

So I just googled: Is James Bond 25 going to be delayed?

This is what I received:

About 54,900,000 results (0.53 seconds)

First links:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/why-is-the-new-james-bond-film-bond-25-delayed-7963002/

This was about danny Boyle's departure... Scrolling down the page... Nothing about this most recent delay. Not even this twit's tweet.

Once again, I'm not saying the DoP misspoke or got a date wrong, all I'm saying is the twit quoting him could have misquoted the DoP.

Continuing to play my game, I googled:

"the shooting date for Bond 25 is delayed" and I received this:

'Bond 25' faces release delay in wake of Danny Boyle exit. In the wake of Danny Boyle's departure over creative differences, Hollywood has been abuzz this week with speculation that Bond 25 may not now be able to make its November 2019 release date and could get pushed into 2020.Aug 23, 2018

as the first posting. Scrolling down google... Nothing.

Anyways, I still haven't solved my nostril hair issue, but if there is a month push-back, in the film industry, this is news, especially on James Bond where this production has seen its fair share of challenges.

Not to worry, an EoN spokesperson, if this is true, is bound to say something shortly. But considering the source, a "misquote" is easy to imagine since these guys at Collider like to stir pots.
    @peter is just stating and reiterating that there has been no official word on it. And quite right he is.

Now, if it's indeed delayed for a month, that's not a problem, as long as they get it right, I'll be happy.

No sky is falling. No one is saying so.

Chill.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Filming Dates
    1 filming date

Start Details
    March 2019

Official 007 website?

None...

Slightly shocked and disappointed in @peter reaction. The whole "sky is falling" approach is something I associate with other board members. I regularly keep with film productions and know it's common for productions to move their start dates around. It's never a big deal if they move things by a few weeks. The story is if the release date changes. Considering @peter works in the industry, I'm unsure and hope we are not having an emperor's new clothes moment.

I always thought it was foolish for Eon to be so specific about a start date with the press/fans. If they just said "we start in March" that would naturally lead to speculation when in March and would make a push to April more digestible.

@antovolk post above is much more insightful reflection of the industry.

Seriousy @Pierce2Daniel ?? The guy who accused me of being someone I wasn't when you lost your tempter with me because you weren't happy that I had no news for you? Every day, several times a day you PM'd me for more and more-- obsessively-- and when I said I didn't have anything, you blew your lid!

And then two days ago your reached out to me to apologize for something you did months ago, saying that the tension got to you. Nuts...

Dude, read my words: there's been no official word from EoN.

You get your news from sites like Bleeding Cool, or whatever, and you're a prolific internet scavenger. That's where you get your info from.

And now you resort to your childish insults.

Read what I'm saying: I have a nostril hair problem that irks me more than this; all I said is I will wait for an official word from the people in the know.

I will not take the twit from twitter, who works at a fanzine, as gospel.

As I told a few rational posters: either this was a misquote on behalf of the author (not the DoP), or; DoP may have opened his mouth and revealed something EoN did not want to be revealed yet, and that's why we have the silence.

There is no sky is falling in my universe.

@Pierce2Daniel : fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Don't PM me again with any of your ramblings.

P
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    There's a game I just played called "Google It"... because once a story is tweeted, other, more established players will pick up on the story, and, like people on this site, want an "official" response.

So I just googled: Is James Bond 25 going to be delayed?

This is what I received:

About 54,900,000 results (0.53 seconds)

First links:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/why-is-the-new-james-bond-film-bond-25-delayed-7963002/

This was about danny Boyle's departure... Scrolling down the page... Nothing about this most recent delay. Not even this twit's tweet.

Once again, I'm not saying the DoP misspoke or got a date wrong, all I'm saying is the twit quoting him could have misquoted the DoP.

Continuing to play my game, I googled:

"the shooting date for Bond 25 is delayed" and I received this:

'Bond 25' faces release delay in wake of Danny Boyle exit. In the wake of Danny Boyle's departure over creative differences, Hollywood has been abuzz this week with speculation that Bond 25 may not now be able to make its November 2019 release date and could get pushed into 2020.Aug 23, 2018

as the first posting. Scrolling down google... Nothing.

Anyways, I still haven't solved my nostril hair issue, but if there is a month push-back, in the film industry, this is news, especially on James Bond where this production has seen its fair share of challenges.

Not to worry, an EoN spokesperson, if this is true, is bound to say something shortly. But considering the source, a "misquote" is easy to imagine since these guys at Collider like to stir pots.

Huh? It's been pushed back a month - it's a movie. The release date is the same. No one from Eon is going to comment. If you're lucky Baz may say something tomorrow night.

But this just isn't news. No offence, but Frosty is a film journalist who met Linus Sandgren at the IMAX HQ this week before hosting a Q&A with Chris Miller and Phil Lord in the same building.

We are just pissing in the wind if we think he has no respectability and Eon are going to send a spokesperson on the steps of No.10 to tell us innocuous details about a start date.

Sandgren works for EON - isn't that your confirmation?

• edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I’ll say this: if the start of filming really has been pushed back by a month then EON won’t make an official announcement about it, and movie sites will not report it, since it would be non-news for everyone except us Bond fans. Also, if filming has been pushed back by a month then that decision was likely made several months ago.
    I think I'll leave this thread for a while. The squirrels have taken over. It's a woodland in here. And we're all fighting for imaterial acorns.

Bye, for now. And good luck.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,484
    I’ll say this: if the start of filming really has been pushed back by a month then EON won’t make an official announcement about it, and movie sites will not report it, since it would be non-news for everyone except us Bond fans.

When you read something like Deadline or variety, there is news about delays all the time. There is news on casting. There is news about who's hot for pilot season. It's their job to report on this, not just for Bond, but because it's simply just industry news.

Much of what I read daily, you wouldn't find interesting in the least. Something like a minor delay would be reported on.

Once again, I'm not saying the DoP misspoke a date, I'm saying that he could have been misquoted, or, he opened his mouth and revealed something EoN didn't want us to know yet.

It's odd that there hasn't been a simple press release :

Bond25 will commence shooting on April 4.

If they did that, all the outlets that I have previously discussed (Official Twitter, FB and 007 website will report on it, and; IMDbPro will most certainly, since it is an industry resource-- because when filming is delayed, it affects everyone from actors who are prepping to the crew (another month of a holding pattern). When a film is delayed, whether it's hitting a target release date or not, is a big deal for all those who work on the project-- unlike the producers and lead actors, they (people behind the scenes (set dressers, costume, hair and make-up) aren't wealthy and a one month wait is a big deal.

So I expect an official announcement from EoN. That's all.

ow, back to my nostril-hair problem...
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,661
    In the spirit of Brexit, Bond 25 will be delayed! Kicking the Bond can down the road. ;)
  • peter wrote: »
    I’ll say this: if the start of filming really has been pushed back by a month then EON won’t make an official announcement about it, and movie sites will not report it, since it would be non-news for everyone except us Bond fans.

When you read something like Deadline or variety, there is news about delays all the time. There is news on casting. There is news about who's hot for pilot season. It's their job to report on this, not just for Bond, but because it's simply just industry news.

Much of what I read daily, you wouldn't find interesting in the least. Something like a minor delay would be reported on.

Once again, I'm not saying the DoP misspoke a date, I'm saying that he could have been misquoted, or, he opened his mouth and revealed something EoN didn't want us to know yet.

It's odd that there hasn't been a simple press release :

Bond25 will commence shooting on April 4.

If they did that, all the outlets that I have previously discussed (Official Twitter, FB and 007 website will report on it, and; IMDbPro will most certainly, since it is an industry resource-- because when filming is delayed, it affects everyone from actors who are prepping to the crew (another month of a holding pattern). When a film is delayed, whether it's hitting a target release date or not, is a big deal for all those who work on the project-- unlike the producers and lead actors, they (people behind the scenes (set dressers, costume, hair and make-up) aren't wealthy and a one month wait is a big deal.

So I expect an official announcement from EoN. That's all.

ow, back to my nostril-hair problem...

Okay, oppose to pure conjecture. I've done some research.

Spectre was due to shoot in October 2014, however, Baz reported that filming had been pushed to November. However, we know that filming eventually began in early December:
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_24_report_20140321_7_things_we_know.php3?id=03658

Later it was confirmed the date would be late November/early December. Before confirmation of an early December start. This news all came from Baz:
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140802-script-completed?id=03721
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140913-start-date-confirmed?id=03751

So if precedent holds up, Eon won't say anything and will rely on Baz. End of story.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    As ever, a grain of Stacey Sutton's rock salt would not got amiss here.

#calmdown
    Weintraub, if you've ever seen him interview or talk about films ever is an extremely literal person. The aforementioned scenario of him misinterpreting Sandgren is surely still a possibility.