No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I still say untill we hear otherwise we shouldn’t believe rumors and the official start date is still March 4th but since I am starting a new job next week I am fine with everything being changed so I have time to see the new atmosphere before exciting news comes out I will know how when and where I can post about it
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Don´t know about that April "delay".

We know for sure that Daniel was in Pinewood this Monday.

Apparently, one girl is not casting yet (remember Vesper Lynd in CR).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    ggl007 wrote: »

Didn't you also say Rachel Weisz was in London - she was at the Oscar luncheon in LA.

I believe you, just trying to piece things together from the scant information we have. Can you add any more information to the rumours of Dakota Johnson and Emma Stone. Has one been cast?

Probably also worth mentioning that Frosty ran into Sandgren (seemingly) at the IMAX HQ doing some promo for Lego Move 2. Considering Sandren used the format for First Man - I'd expect portions of Bond 25 to be shot in IMAX.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Rachel Weisz was in London this Saturday.

I only know about Léa Seydoux. She's in.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    These suggestion of Shatterhand and Bond and Madeleine retiring to Goldeneye, offer one big problem if they're to happen... you've all just predicted it.

I think that was the beauty of Skyfall, we didn't know what it meant. Give us a title that doesn't give it all away. If you wanna use an unused title, use Risico, apart from it meaning risk in italian, it could be anything they want it to be.

The chance of Risico being the title might have increased now that we know Italy is a confirmed location.

Perhaps at this pace they should call it "Too Late The Hero".
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    ggl007 wrote: »

Didn't you also say Rachel Weisz was in London - she was at the Oscar luncheon in LA.

I believe you, just trying to piece things together from the scant information we have. Can you add any more information to the rumours of Dakota Johnson and Emma Stone. Has one been cast?

Probably also worth mentioning that Frosty ran into Sandgren (seemingly) at the IMAX HQ doing some promo for Lego Move 2. Considering Sandren used the format for First Man - I'd expect portions of Bond 25 to be shot in IMAX.

Portion? I want them to shoot the whole film in imax considering it would cost around 10-20 million at most.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This is exactly why announcing the start of filming date that much in advance never made sense to me. Also, if this is true, then @Archivo_007 was very likely wrong AGAIN. (Remember what he said about Nolan back in late 2017?) If filming won’t start until April it’s very unlikely they will hold the press conference before late March.
    If this is true then you were correct to ask this very question a few weeks back @PanchitoPistoles. Credit where credit is due.

This doesn't surprise me. I suspect the reason for the delay is the script. It probably took them quite a bit longer to get it to a workable state than previously assumed.
    I can live with this as long as the release date is still 14Feb20.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    One thing is certain: with Nolan there would be no delays. Bond fans will face a simple and inascapable choice after Bond 25: stability with Christoper Nolan or chaos with Barbara Broccoli.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I can live with this as long as the release date is still 14Feb20.
    Given the competitive nature of the market these days, and all the jostling for theatre time by the big guns, I think they will probably do whatever they can to hit that preannounced date.
  • One thing is certain: with Nolan there would be no delays. Bond fans will face a simple and inascapable choice after Bond 25: stability with Christoper Nolan or chaos with Barbara Broccoli.

I just cringed beyond belief reading this...took me back to 2015.

@PanchitoPistoles is becoming the embarrassing Uncle of MI6community.
    One thing is certain: with Nolan there would be no delays. Bond fans will face a simple and inascapable choice after Bond 25: stability with Christoper Nolan or chaos with Barbara Broccoli.

:) lol
    Barely away for a day, I log in and we're talking delay again? What's the hold up this time?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »

:) lol

"Give someone an inch, and they take a mile" as they say.

The way he praised Nolan I suspect he is making panchitopistoles the next bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Nolan would never associate with someone who dwells in pessimism to that degree.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I don’t think there’s a delay, maybe he just got the date wrong
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630

8-}
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'll await for some clarification, cause that would be a major kick in the balls.
    It would be unfortunate, indeed. But if the release date isn't moving it won't really matter that much in the long run.

And if it means we'll get a better film in the long run because they had more time to get the script and prep right, I'm all for it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This is very disappointing, but at least we're still getting the film. I really wish I could keep myself away from these discussions and just be surprised when certain news stories come out like I used to rather than expect them.
    I don't know if we know a shooting delay is "for sure." The far higher likelihood is that Sandgren misspoke offhand or Weintraub's Tweet is simply an error.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I don't know if we know a shooting delay is "for sure." The far higher likelihood is that Sandgren misspoke offhand or Weintraub's Tweet is simply an error.

I personally can't stand Weintraub. I've seen him before on Collider, and he's very pessimistic when it comes to film. To be honest, Collider can be a very annoying community of people. I think they were the ones who were discussing Henry Cavill being a rival agent in Bond.
    talos7 wrote: »

Nolan would never associate with someone who dwells in pessimism to that degree.

Hahaha agreed
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Hollywood is full of tangled webs, but it's worth mentioning that DC just finished working with Dakota's dad on Knives Out. Were they talking? Did Dakota visit the set at one point? Dakota's name coming up isn't shocking, nor is Emma's.

On a separate note, I saw First Man over the weekend and I'm over the moon (pun intended) about Linus Sandgren. Justin Hurwitz's score in that film is phenomenal, and his name has come up a lot as a good fit for Bond 25, but Hurwitz seems to work only with Damien Chazelle. If there is someone else from First Man, primed for Bond 25, it's sound effects editor Phil Barrie. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the sound effects made that film, especially the horrific sounds of creaky metal and rivets.
    If they start shooting in April we're getting a much smaller film than normal. This one must be s character piece.

Becoming? Wouldn´t that imply a development towards that state?

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,083
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If they start shooting in April we're getting a much smaller film than normal. This one must be s character piece.

Yes, and this has been guessed at from the start. SP was more traditional, and had a lukewarm reception, so it seems logical that they would return to the well of CR and SF.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Becoming? Wouldn´t that imply a development towards that state?

lol
    Going, going, gone
    ;)
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Why? If filming really starts in April they will have about the same amount of time to film the movie + do the post-production as they did when they were making CR.