No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If it is, it could have pure logistic reasons.
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Good call? The Sienna sequence started earlier than the main filming if memory serves me correctly?

It started months earlier because they wanted footage of the actual race.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Guys I just reached out to @ColonelSun as far as he knows production still kicks off in March.

I think we are missing this post. If ColonelSun who has legitimate connections is saying it's still March it's likely an error in the Twitter post. The film is due out February 2020 and we will get a press conference this month is what I have gathered from people I trust on this and other sites.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I doubt they would want another delay
  • RC7RC7
    One thing is certain: the March 4th start date clearly referred to the when the main unit would begin filming. So if the main unit won’t start filming in 27 days, then there is a delay, no matter how the Barbara Broccoli acolytes will try to spin it.

We should probably boycott the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »
    One thing is certain: the March 4th start date clearly referred to the when the main unit would begin filming. So if the main unit won’t start filming in 27 days, then there is a delay, no matter how the Barbara Broccoli acolytes will try to spin it.

So you imagine the film is still happening?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Just a thought but maybe the 2nd unit begins filming in March and it's full steam ahead for everyone else in April?

Good call? The Sienna sequence started earlier than the main filming if memory serves me correctly?

I think, that second unit shooting at Siena actually started in July 2007.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,854
    jake24 wrote: »
    Seriously, the Johnson/Stone rumor has as much credibility as the Kate Upton/Helen Flanagan rumor from 2014:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/helen-flanagan-kate-upton-bond-24-rumor/amp/

Seriously, let it go. It's not worth our time.

@jake24, we're all completely aware of how these Stone/Johnson rumours are more than likely not true, but to be honest, what else we going to talk about? The discussion regarding March/April is just going round in circles and isn't going anywhere, so why not discuss possible casting choices and hear people's opinions, whether they're true or not? I'd rather discuss this than give time to some of the stupid comments people are writing...

After some thinking, if the rumours had any merit, I would rather see Dakota Johnson in the 25th James Bond film than Emma Stone. Everyone should really go watch Suspiria. She acts with such nuance and simplicity in that film, it's hard not to fall for her. Here's another image of her in the film...

suspiria_trailer_2.png

Again, I would also love to see Giulia Piersanti as the costume designer, although she only seems to work with Luca Guadagnino.
    Imagine if MGM and Universal get so frustrated with all these delays they simply pull the plug on the project a couple weeks before filming a'la the Tim Burton Nicholas Cage SUPERMAN LIVES ?

After I read the leaked script of Spectre, I knew it was going to be awful. I still watched it. At home. Only once. It’s pretty much impossible Bond 25 will be worse than Spectre.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Here is how the mistake gets made: Sandgren says “We begin shooting in a couple of months” not realizing (as many of us have not) how quickly January just went by. Weintraub takes that as April.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Here is how the mistake gets made: Sandgren says “We begin shooting in a couple of months” not realizing (as many of us have not) how quickly January just went by. Weintraub takes that as April.

Probably exactly what happened.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,854
    I second this.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,512

After I read the leaked script of Spectre, I knew it was going to be awful. I still watched it. At home. Only once. It’s pretty much impossible Bond 25 will be worse than Spectre.

That leaked script appears to be your ‘precious’. I can imagine you sitting in a dank cave clutching it... its contents sucking your soul dry, but still... you can’t let it go. Your own. Your precious.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Hollywood is full of tangled webs, but it's worth mentioning that DC just finished working with Dakota's dad on Knives Out. Were they talking?

Don Johnson would make a really interesting Bond villain. He's an underrated actor.

Should have cast him in LTK

That leaked script appears to be your ‘precious’. I can imagine you sitting in a dank cave clutching it... its contents sucking your soul dry, but still... you can’t let it go. Your own. Your precious.

lol Damn! Nicely put.

Any other “Bond fan” around here that doesn’t watch the films in the theatre when they come out?

Cause I, for one, find that olimpically aberrant.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I second this.

Third! Thank heavens for reason.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Univex wrote: »

lol Damn! Nicely put.

Any other “Bond fan” around here that doesn’t watch the films in the theatre when they come out?

I do, but only in memory of Cubby and the legacy he built. Honestly if the franchise was only 4 films strong and began with Craig, I probably wouldn't make it through a first watch.

My Bond fandom in general is on the decline, because nowadays so much time is spent waiting in the hope that those behind the camera will get their act together and reclaim the series former glory. Bond 25 has some signs of encouragement in the last weeks. Johnson or Stone would be a boon, whichever it ends up being, if either. The rumoured locations sound strong on paper, but that comes down to how they are used. I still have no faith in Fukunaga to pull off another to get excited about. Thats my main issue keeping my hype levels in a low gear at the moment.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Three locations worth considering for Bond25:

Jamaica, Jamaica, Jamaica
  • RC7RC7

lol Damn! Nicely put.

I do, but only in memory of Cubby and the legacy he built.

Do you lay a wreath on your way into the cinema?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

lol Damn! Nicely put.

I do, but only in memory of Cubby and the legacy he built. Honestly if the franchise was only 4 films strong and began with Craig, I probably wouldn't make it through a first watch.

My Bond fandom in general is on the decline, because nowadays so much time is spent waiting in the hope that those behind the camera will get their act together and reclaim the series former glory. Bond 25 has some signs of encouragement in the last weeks. Johnson or Stone would be a boon, whichever it ends up being, if either. The rumoured locations sound strong on paper, but that comes down to how they are used. I still have no faith in Fukunaga to pull off another to get excited about. Thats my main issue keeping my hype levels in a low gear at the moment.

Well you've always got the next 2 efforts from that preening Scientologist to look forward to.

I wish you and others would just come out like us Brosnan detractors and say it how it is.

I hate Daniel Craig and he's ruined Bond for me and can't wait to see the back of him.

Go on and do it you'll feel so much better.

I honestly don’t see any harm in production starting in April rather than March. We’re getting a new Bond movie with Craig for Feb 2020. Everyone needs to chill out and enjoy the ride!
    TR007 wrote: »
    I honestly don’t see any harm in production starting in April rather than March. We’re getting a new Bond movie with Craig for Feb 2020. Everyone needs to chill out and enjoy the ride!
    Trust me, I was enjoying the ride a lot up until the visionary Danny Boyle was suddenly fired. Barbara Broccoli robbing the world from a Danny Boyle Bond film made it very difficult for me to enjoy the ride.

If there will be positive news coming from the press conference (Fukunaga getting a writing credit, Mark Tildesley still being on board, the announcement of a composer NOT called David Arnold, Bond 25 designed as being Craig's final Bond film etc.) then I will start enjoying the ride again.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Trust me, I was enjoying the ride a lot up until the visionary Danny Boyle was suddenly fired. Barbara Broccoli robbing the world from a Danny Boyle Bond film made it very difficult for me to enjoy the ride.

If there will be positive news coming from the press conference (Fukunaga getting a writing credit, Mark Tildesley still being on board, the announcement of a composer NOT called David Arnold, Bond 25 designed as being Craig's final Bond film etc.) then I will start enjoying the ride again.

Have you completely ignored the fact that Boyle's script was apparently terrible and not a Bond film? Barbara Broccoli getting rid of a Danny Boyle Bond film is reassuring us that Bond 25 is a Bond film and not some art film.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619

Have you completely ignored the fact that Boyle's script was apparently terrible and not a Bond film? Barbara Broccoli getting rid of a Danny Boyle Bond film is reassuring us that Bond 25 is a Bond film and not some art film.
    From the very people who run this site:
  • Italian tourist boards report that Bond 25 will shoot in Matera and Gravina in spring/summer; Lea Seydoux will shoot another film later this year
    matera-2-1024x536.jpg
    https://www.associazioneh1.it/lagente-007-conquista-matera-e-gravina/

To be fair, this could be seen negatively as well. "What could have been" could mean it could have been a terrible entry to the series and although it could theoretically work well as a separate entity that happens to feature James Bond, it isn't a Bond film.

It looks like her role in this series is a narrator for one of the episodes, so I'm not too worried.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    https://bit.ly/2DUfBMC New Poll says moviegoers want James Bond male
    So when will we know the title