The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Didn't know there was so much for Terry... wasn't much of a part to hate..

Bond has had his fair share if lousy actors...David Hedison included BUT what about that guy at the airbase in TND trying to explain whatever that mcgaffin was in that movie. Remember him?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    what about that guy at the airbase in TND
    In keeping with the spirit of the thread I will not defend that actor but I will state that there is a useful four letter word and that in this case you seem to be full of it.
    :))
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    That stupid twit sitting there and looking bored while the actor playing Draco is saying his lines and giving a lot of exposition. I know you can't wait until the scene is over, George lazenby, so you can get back to boinking the extras, but try putting some effort into it
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited January 2015 Posts: 16,335
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hedison was too old for Felix in Dalton's time.
    I disagree, and FYI 50 is practically around the corner for you as well.

Yeah but David was in his 60's during LTK. Dalton was 42 or 44.

And I'll never turn 50. I hope to remain 23 for the rest of my years. It's 2015 and I hear a rejuvenation clinic is opening up somewhere in a place called Hill Valley. I plan on visiting there soon. ;)
    I like Jeffrey Wright, and wonder if he's back for Spectre.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like him a lot, actually. He is not siged on for this one; I hope he returns. He is the only Felix I enjoy.

Other Felix's are pretty much nothing. Oh wait, this is all hardly negative enough. Okay: Felix has been a lame character until Craig's era, and even then it is not much of a role.

That's all I got.

Well, I'll have to find something else to rant about. Felix is such a meh that I cannot even get worked up over him.
    Felix is like Alfred in Batman. Give him a good story and he becomes a good character. When he's just handing Bond stuff he just comes off as just that.

Bernie Casey was cool as well. In a better than okay film.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Roger Moore's sideburns in Octopussy. They're nearly to the bottom of his ear for some reason!
    Sark wrote: »
    Another question about the GF climax is why they let Goldfinger break into Fort Knox in the first place?
    Some innocent soldiers got killed that didn't need to. Goldfinger, despite some iconic elements, basically sucks.
    Its stated in the movie. The CIA was waiting for the nuclear device to arrive before they moved on GF. Only then did the battle start.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2015 Posts: 9,117
    i

So Bond sitting down to with the villain to play a computer game is 'better than okay' with you is it? Cant help feeling if Rog did this you'd be frothing at the mouth.

Anyway back on topic with annoying actors:

That welsh 'Q' in QOS. What an irritating prick. Even Rory winds me up less in this scene than this arsehole.

And while we're on QOS has Elvis been properly eviscerated on here? If I had to pick one person to nominate as the shittest character in a Bond film I think it would have to be him.

Yes Hip is a borderline retard, Jinx makes you lose control of your bowels in dismay (well thats what I told the police when they caught me squatting outside EON's offices) and Bibi needs a good seeing to from Ched Evans but at least you cant ignore them. If you replaced Elvis with a CGI vacuum he would have more screen presence. Hes supposed to be a henchman but when does he ever do any henching? Take away the hench and all youre left with is.... err a man. Who contributes nothing except a camp appreciation for opera and a village idiot haircut (seriously if you were losing your hair would you think 'hmmm the bowl cut will look better than being bald'?)
    To have him and Rory in the same film really is risky. I'm pretty sure NASA made EON send the script to Stephen Hawking for approval and he said the fabric of the universe would be OK just as long as they didnt share the same scene. But he warned that if you put Rory and Elvis up on screen at the same time it turns into a black hole that sucks the whole universe into its soulless empty nothingness.

Actually what am I talking about? Forget everything I just said Jinx is clearly the worst character in a Bond film and there really is no argument to the contrary.

I get complaining about Kinnear in QoS, but the look he sticks Dench's M with in the pre-titles of SF just before the order to fire is given is one of the best bits of silent acting in a Bond film.
  • @DarthDimi - I apologize for that. You're absolutely right and I should have controlled myself. I just get carried away when I think of those goshdarn movies! :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I didn't think there was any character I disliked in Bond, until
    Reading a few posts and remembered Elvis. :)
    timmer wrote: »
    Another question about the GF climax is why they let Goldfinger break into Fort Knox in the first place?
    Some innocent soldiers got killed that didn't need to. Goldfinger, despite some iconic elements, basically sucks.
    Its stated in the movie. The CIA was waiting for the nuclear device to arrive before they moved on GF. Only then did the battle start.

Why'd they have to wait until the device was actually inside Ft Knox, endangering the US gold reserves?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Weren't they frightened, if they moved in too soon, it might be put near the
    White House or the Polaris Sub pens etc ?
    i

So Bond sitting down to with the villain to play a computer game is 'better than okay' with you is it? Cant help feeling if Rog did this you'd be frothing at the mouth.

Anyway back on topic with annoying actors:

That welsh 'Q' in QOS. What an irritating prick. Even Rory winds me up less in this scene than this arsehole.

And while we're on QOS has Elvis been properly eviscerated on here? If I had to pick one person to nominate as the shittest character in a Bond film I think it would have to be him.

Actually what am I talking about? Forget everything I just said Jinx is clearly the worst character in a Bond film and there really is no argument to the contrary.

Regarding NSNA, I've stated before that the video game was not an awesome concept. They should have simply played cards, but I like NSNA enough beside its weak bits. It didn't embarrass the franchise like OP, who's silly laundry list would be twice as long as NSNA. Same with VTAK.
    IS there stuff in NSNA that I'd change? Yeah, but a much better picture than the absolutely dreadful last two Moore films.

I'll give you the video game sequence and raise you the tiger 'sit!' and bond theme playing flute player in india.

And same thing for QoS. That's a much stronger picture than it is given credit for, much rather watch that than any of the Moore or Broz films, though at least Broz wants to make a good Bond movie. He really tried.

The problem with Moore and Broz is the same. They are simply too nice as regular people.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    timmer wrote: »

Why'd they have to wait until the device was actually inside Ft Knox, endangering the US gold reserves?
    There is a scene with Leiter fake sleeping in a car with a few other guys. Suddenly a beep beep goes off, signaling that the nuclear device has arrived, via helicopter.Then they spring into action and go after it, but they have to contend with GF's army, before they actually get to it.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    what about that guy at the airbase in TND
    In keeping with the spirit of the thread I will not defend that actor but I will state that there is a useful four letter word and that in this case you seem to be full of it.

How so? Are you claiming that guy is the best character actor that ever lived and I'm full of poo?

Do you even know whom I am referring to?

Well they wanted to trap the bad guys in there.
    That seems clear enough.
    Do you even know whom I am referring to?
    The guy that explained how you could slowly send a ship off course by tampering with the device. Am I in error?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,661
    I don't hate any actors in the Bond franchise - (hate is a bit too strong a word to use, perhaps!) but I dislike Daniel Craig as James Bond. I would say it's 8 out of 10 in terms of dislike! I don't like his

His appearance (in a Bond context)
    His acting
    His lack of smooth charm
    I really disliked his short hair in Skyfall
    There's nothing I like about Craig's Bond.
    I also dislike his crude comments - using the f word - in printed interviews about Bond (although he seems polite in tv/radio interviews).

And I really dislike most of Eric Serra's soundtrack to Goldeneye and I really dislike Eon's dumb decision to move the gun barrel in the last three films.

And I hate -okay, perhaps hate is the right word! - Craig's gun barrel in CR set in a toilet. Hated that with a passion, I guess. That was the lowest Bond moment for me. But that's about it! Thanks for this thread. I've waited almost ten years to post how much I dislike Daniel Craig as James Bond so thanks!
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I don't hate any actors in the Bond franchise - (hate is a bit too strong a word to use, perhaps!) but I dislike Daniel Craig as James Bond. I would say it's 8 out of 10 in terms of dislike! I don't like his

His appearance (in a Bond context)
    His acting
    His lack of smooth charm
    I really disliked his short hair in Skyfall
    There's nothing I like about Craig's Bond.
    I also dislike his crude comments - using the f word - in interviews about Bond (although he seems polite in tv/radio interviews).

And I really dislike most of Eric Serra's soundtrack to Goldeneye and I really dislike Eon's dumb decision to move the gun barrel in the last three films. And I hate -okay, perhaps hate is the right word! - Craig's gun barrel in CR set in a toilet. Hated that was a passion, I guess. But that's about it!

Not me, I think Craig is a cool tough Bond going back to the Connery and Lazenby days. Enough of the suave, soft Bonds.
    What a shock.
    In TB Bond was almost killed by a therapeutic device. [-(
    So lame.
    So lame.

(Shrug) I'll take TB over any of the Moore films any day of the week.

No giggle/pinch/tickle tickle, thanks.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    So lame.

(Shrug) I'll take TB over any of the Moore films any day of the week.

No giggle/pinch/tickle tickle, thanks.

Really? I never would have guessed.
    I usually don't mention NSNA; I rarely think of it. But what do think is that it is mostly lame, tired, and stupid. Not to mention cruel to animals, which I will not forgive them for (forcing the horse to jump off the cliff; it was terrified). Bassinger looks good; so what? Yawn. I guess Barbara as Fatima was the most entertaining thing about the whole film. Sean was just okay and I never felt comfortable with him returning. Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination.
    I usually don't mention NSNA; I rarely think of it. But what do think is that it is mostly lame, tired, and stupid. Not to mention cruel to animals, which I will not forgive them for (forcing the horse to jump off the cliff; it was terrified). Bassinger looks good; so what? Yawn. I guess Barbara as Fatima was the most entertaining thing about the whole film. Sean was just okay and I never felt comfortable with him returning. Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, I liked it more than you did. THink it was in the end a mediocre film but compared to OP it's a more straightforward adventure with humor that hits and misses, but does not try to be an out-and-out comedy.
    Even with the stupid humor that is sprinkled far too often throughout OP, I do prefer OP over NSNA any day. (But then, I like Roger's Bond, which certainly makes all the difference.)

NSNA just smells rotten to me. Not a pleasant experience.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I don't remember feeling particularly gripped or excited by NSNA despite a few decent moments...emphasis on a few.

The sequence immediately after the opening credits of OP is surely more suspenseful than what NSNA has to offer? Yes 009 is dressed as a clown but the scene is played completely straight.