53. This Benico Del Toro guy shows potential
    54. Bond and Q are related
    55. The film critics don't know jack
    56. Tankers can do wheelies
    57. La Bamba is a popular song in Mex..er, Isthmus
    58. Female vigilantes for hire can also be jealous drama queens
    59. Daniel Craig owes his success to Timothy Dalton
    60. Decompression chambers can cause heads to explode
    61. My son can run a country. I'm so proud. :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    62. Talisa Soto should only get non-speaking roles from now on
  • TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    edited January 2015 Posts: 50
    Timothy Dalton, we hardly knew ye. :((
    I'm with you here, Bro. :)

63. That it's important to stay away from Shark hunters if your name happens to be Sharkey.
    64. If you hide under a table cloth that's dark enough, you can easily pass off as a Manta Ray.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    65. Krest had an inflated opinion of himself
    66. Krest picks the worst times to lose his head
    67. Krest will never be the head of a major corporation
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    66. Sharkey cares about money.
    67. Bond doesn't trust the US government.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    68. Ernest Hemingway's cats had six toes on each foot.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 9,771
    I do hope we do a thing learned from The Property of a lady reffering to the script for Dalton's posed third bond film as boy do I have a bunch of things I learned from the script. I am getting married next friday so perhaps as a wedding gift from you guys to me a special round based on The Property of a Lady (the purposed title for dalton's third film)

As for what I learned from licence to kill

69. Sanchez also created a cult to sell drugs
    70. said cult leader believes in his work
    71. When you still money from Father Joe he will smile and say "bless your heart"
    72. clearly Father Joe is super high
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778
    73) The Johnson agents (no relation) went on drastically different paths after the Nakatomi incident the year before.
    Gerard wrote: »
    For TLD :

80) A Ferris Wheel is a good place to speak of love.

For LTK :

47) An iguana is a girl's best friend. (Marilyn would have objected to that)

48) What's a New York ADA doing in Florida ?

49) Q is a hypocrite (asking 007 to give back his equipment intact, and as soon as he himself is in the field, treating a piece of equipment like trash ! For shame, Major Boothroyd !)

50) Rémy Julienne was in great form this time. The final chase if probably his masterpiece.

51) Bullets know the James Bond Theme.

That's #81, just for the record.
    Kerim wrote: »
    52. How the phrase "Dirty Sanchez" originated
    53. This Benico Del Toro guy shows potential
    54. Bond and Q are related
    55. The film critics don't know jack
    56. Tankers can do wheelies
    57. La Bamba is a popular song in Mex..er, Isthmus
    58. Female vigilantes for hire can also be jealous drama queens
    59. Daniel Craig owes his success to Timothy Dalton
    60. Decompression chambers can cause heads to explode
    61. My son can run a country. I'm so proud. :)

With all due respect I highly disagree. Although Dalton might've been the first to a play Bond that certain way (even that's debatable considering how Connery's first 2 performances were pretty damn Flemingesque) Timothy Dalton didn't invent dark and broody. Both actors simply made a conscious choice to stick closer to the given source material. Plus I'm not sure how he could owe success to Dalton seeing as how by that logic Craig would've been emulating the least financially successful Bond in the series. I don't consider taking a failed experiment and making it work as stealing. And this is all coming from a huge Dalton fan.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Addendum to #9. And he should had been put to pasture 15 years earlier.

While I'll admit Binder's last couple of efforts seemed a bit lazy, the good far outweighed the bad.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I do hope we do a thing learned from The Property of a lady reffering to the script for Dalton's posed third bond film as boy do I have a bunch of things I learned from the script. I am getting married next friday so perhaps as a wedding gift from you guys to me a special round based on The Property of a Lady (the purposed title for dalton's third film)

As for what I learned from licence to kill

69. Sanchez also created a cult to sell drugs
    70. said cult leader believes in his work
    71. When you still money from Father Joe he will smile and say "bless your heart"
    72. clearly Father Joe is super high

Sure why not? I won't have alot to contribute but it sounds like fun.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691

20) It might've taken 24 years but the filmmakers of the Bond series finally discovered how to film and thrilling and exciting underwater sequence. Well done Mr. Glen.
    =D>
    73) The Johnson agents (no relation) went on drastically different paths after the Nakatomi incident the year before.
    =))

74) Poolside fish wink when they sense a camera movement.
    75. Carey Lowell should've kept the wig
    Risico007 wrote: »

Okay. I'll leave the LTK round open for another day or so and then switch over.

Thank you for the wedding present
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    But no honeymooooooon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    76 Gladys Knight has got" a licence to kitch".
    77. Apparently the hospital just can't spare normal size beds for patients who have lost legs.
  • TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    Kerim wrote: »
    But no honeymooooooon.
    Classic line, that. It's insulting and scary at the same time :)
  • Kerim wrote: »
    But no honeymooooooon.
    Classic line, that. It's insulting and scary at the same time :)

It always stood out to me too. Mostly because of the way babyfaced Del Toro delivers it.
    78 ) The Groom Wore Black.
    79. Bond likes fresh flowers every day
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    80. Bond would make for a decent television series.

How is that unique to this film?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,778
    Time to take a slight detour.
    By special request from @Risico007 and in honor of his wedding we'll be doing a special round for Timothy Dalton's proposed third Bond film rumored to be titled The Property of a Lady but since that was never confirmed we'll call it it's tentative title, Bond 17. I don't have alot to contribute to this one so @Risico007 will be doing most of the driving. If you'd like to contribute I'll post whatever references to the film we have below. Let's begin.
    (Insert tagline) in
    Things We've Learned From…..Bond 17

1) If you are unable to make your 30th anniversary film simply take the main themes that you like and use it in your 50th anniversary film.

2) Q was sentimental about the DB5.

3) The users here on MI6.com are such devoted Bond fans that we can point out the humorous aspects of a film that was never even made.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_intro.php3
    http://www.007.info/the-007-film-that-never-was-daltons-third-bond/
    http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/The_Property_of_A_Lady_(film)
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_elements.php3
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_act1.php3
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_act2.php3
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_act3.php3
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 9,771
    4. The property of a lady should of been Dalton's third film
    5. If your henchwoman is too much like a robot simple say she is
    6. Disney working on a bond film in any capacity is strange
    7. Q with no body preasent assumes 007 is dead and goes off drinking
    8. Scotland nuclear facilities are easy to destroy (the potential pts)
    9. Anthony Hopkins should of been Sir Henry Cheng
    10. Sir Henry is way too into technology (his henchwoman a robot was also his lover in one draft I believe)
    11. Had bliss done a third film it would of been blatantly obvious she is dull as dishwater
    12. Summer 1991 bond should of returned
    13. Skiing in Japan = falling in love at least according to the outline
    14. Oh and after a terrorist attack on English soil is the perfect time to dismantle the 00 section for uhm some reason?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    First off, congrats on your wedding @Risico007!

15. Bond really does turn the heat on his enemies (blowtorch death of Sir Henry)
    16. Glenn fry should've sung the theme song

• Birdleson wrote: »

Why? Just so we can redo the Title Songs elimination and have one get voted out quicker than DAD?

Hey! I like Glenn Fry.
    Birdleson wrote: »

Why? Just so we can redo the Title Songs elimination and have one get voted out quicker than DAD?

Hey! I like Glenn Fry.

It's called humour. Get used to it!

;-)

17) Bond 17 as a title does give the 'Bond is a codename' theorists new ammunition.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,778
    As we wave goodbye to those precious Dalton years we now enter into the Brosnan Era of the 90s and a perennial fan favorite film to start us off.
    No limits. No fears. No substitutes in
    Things We've Learned From…..Goldeneye

1) The lowest grossing entry in the series, turmoil at the studio, a 6 1/2 year gap, and the end of the very war the character spawned from would've been enough to kill most film franchises. But for the second time, Bond isn't most film franchises.

2) Apparently the best way to reintroduce one of the most iconic characters in all of cinema after a 6 1/2 year hiatus is to have him hanging upside down in a bathroom over a russian soldier who's relieving himself and than telling a corny joke.

3) Orumov uses a special Soviet brand handgun that allows him to determine which bullets he will fire will be blanks and which will be real.

4) With a couple dozen soldiers firing in the direction of the gas tanks not one bullet will actually penetrate any of the tanks.

5) In Soviet Russia it's perfectly acceptable for Colonels to murder their soldiers in cold blood for disobeying an order.

6) Evidently in Soviet Russia there are dams build on top of snowy mountains. Either that or Bond was riding that converter belt for hours.

7) Despite the fact that Trevelyn's plan relies on Bond escaping, Orumov will allows dozens of his soldiers to spray Bond with bullets and than allow him to jump off of a mountain without a parachute.

8) You can spend 9 years drinking heavily, narrowly avoiding death, and living every day of your life as if it were your last and inexplicably not age a day.

9) MI6 will wait a full 6 years before evaluating Bond for his LTK mission of vigilante revenge.

10) Eric Serra should be legally forbidden from ever writing another Bond score.

11) To pass time in Severnaya, computer programers will hack into a foreign country's department of justice just for kicks.

12) Natalya is really horrible at figuring out really really easy riddles.

13) Natalya can survive traveling through miles of arctic terrain wearing only a shirt and a skirt aslong as she has some sleigh dogs.

14) Feminist pyschobabble have no place in a Bond film.

15) Bond will risk blowing himself and Q up into bits just so he can deliver a one-liner.

16) Brad Whitaker survived being crushed by a statue and with his new lease on life decided to turn over a new leaf and join the CIA.

17) Valentine has something deeply against men who carry Walther PPKs.

18) When going to meet up with a Janus contact Bond will evidently decide that now is the perfect time to go for a swim.

19) Russian women have an interesting idea of foreplay.

20) After demanding to be taken to Janus, Bond apparently showered, dried himself off, styled his hair, put on his suit and put on his shoes all apparently while holding Xenia as gunpoint.

21) Alec Trevelyn is the world's youngest looking 56 year old WW2 child.

22) Because he's old pals with Bond, Trevelyn will set Bond up in a deathtrap with a blinking eject button one foot away from his head.

23) Bond stole a special russian machine gun with a special russian 1000 round clip.

24) The laws of international diplomacy and the safety of russian civilians mean absolutely nothing to Bond.

25) Unfortunately for Trevelyn the whole "kiss her until she likes it" technique only really works if you're Bond.

26) There's no greater turn on to Xenia than a man derailing the train she's riding in with a tank.

27) The film will set up an awesome gadget-laden car only to have Bond never us it.

28) Just to spite Trevelyn Bond will pull the old "kiss her till she likes it" technique out of retirement and to great effect just because he can.

29) Apparently once you get over the sounds of water boarding, prison rape, and marines playing nonstop heavy metal, Guantanamo Bay can actually be a very charming and romantic nightspot.

30) When celebrating the cinematic return of an icon it's best to play a sleepy sounding Eric Serra song rather than the character's equally iconic theme music.