Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

Comments

• HASEROT wrote: »
    26.) James Bond, in a white fur lined jacket and smoked aviators looked more fitting for a LA runway model shoot for their winter "Eskimo Line", than a working operative in Siberia.

27.) Cake Bakers are readily armed with Meat Cleavers - you know, just in case.

28.) James Bond has a licence to kill - and to be a complete ass to a fellow agent.. i guess letting the fellow get a hernia, slipped disk and a heart attack while carrying his luggage is of no concern to 007 ;)

29.) When a seasoned MI6 agent is infiltrating a suspected criminal compound, it is standard procedure to not check the backseat of your car, especially when the person you were just talking to suddenly disappears.

30.) Zorin is happiest in the saddle - and also when: at a horse race, in a boat, killing a man in his office, killing a bunch of people in a mine, flying a blimp, and dying.

31.) Mayday can strike fear into the heart of any man........ and his penis.

32.) Somehow 'James' can be stretched into 2 syllables when screaming.

33.) When in a car, CIA agents must always listen to blaring rock and roll music so no one can hear their screa- conversations... They also never check their back seat.

34.) Blimps emit too low a frequency of sound for Blondes to hear.

35.) Fighting over who gets to throw the lit stick of dynamite is more important than actually THROWING THE LIT STICK OF DYNAMITE!

=))
    Armed and fabulous
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    36, when hanging of a snow cliff face ( pts) Russian soldiers
    Call out for Roger Moore to help them.
    37. It's very hard to find a convincing double for Walter Gotell. It's extremely hard to pass off a bad double as Walter Gotell with an unnecessary closeup shot in the car outside the hotel in Chinatown.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    36, when hanging of a snow cliff face ( pts) Russian soldiers
    Call out for Roger Moore to help them.

38) That's an urban legend. In fact, they yell "Bolzhe Moi" (my God). Which, as far as this movie goes, seems to be the exact same thing.

39) John Gardner should have sued EON for the theft of so many of his scenes.

38, could be true but he also Clearly yells Roger Moore. :)
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,314
    39) Bond can breathe air out of the valve stem of a tire no matter what the Mythbusters say.

40) Grace Jones must take a lot of vitamins.

41) Steroids were injected into horses a few years before baseball players.

42) Just in case you forgot from the previous films, American cops are stupid.

43) Don't expect a Christmas Bonus if you work for Zorin Industries.

44) No one will ever break the record of being Bond in seven EON films.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Which ones, out of curiosity?

45) pop music should never, ever been in a James Bond movie.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,181
    46. Don't insult Zorin in front of Mayday. She doesn't take too kindly to it.

47. When choosing suitable music, Tchaikovsky seems to be very effective with Russian Girls in the bubble bath.

48. However, it appears that cutting in on dramatic opening scene music with the Beach Boys is highly ineffective.

49. It seems it was terribly hard to find proper product placement for Sharper Image, so when in doubt always use the ole window latch card trick.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    50. A view to a kill was not actually sponsored by AARP, but the trailer did play during commercials for the golden girls on nbc in 1985
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    51. Dolph Lundgren is completely unrecognizable as a Russian bodyguard.
    Sark wrote: »
    Which ones, out of curiosity?

Bond sees Zorin in Ascott just like he saw the villain in "License Renewed".

The elevator scene is straight from "For Special Services"

The blimp from "Role of Honour".

Bond chased by snowmobiles like in "Icebreaker".

Remember : "The first meeting is happenstance, the second a coincidence, the third is enemy action".

52, Bond can only imagine his room is bugged for sound, as villains
    Have yet to buy a video camera. ;)
    53. Rock salt is not an effective ammo.

54. A funeral urn can be handy.

55. Quiche is delightful. Even if it comes from the loo (that's what "cabinets" means in French).
    56, Bond could have been a telephone engineer, if the
    Spying hadn't have worked out.
    57 always believe a man in a fire truck that there is a fire on your rear end in spite of the accent being fake and the man is not wearing a firefighter outfit.

58 San Franciscan cops can be Dick Tracey

59 why doesn't Mayday just kill 007 in Stacey's house

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited January 2015 Posts: 2,629
    60. Grace Jones can pee standing up.
    61. Roger enjoyed having Stacy's pussy on his lap.
    62. It was time for Lois to call it a day.
    63. It is always better to have bullets instead of rock salt in your rifle.
    64. I wish they all could be California girls, even while in Siberia
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Ed83 wrote: »
    37. It's very hard to find a convincing double for Walter Gotell. It's extremely hard to pass off a bad double as Walter Gotell with an unnecessary closeup shot in the car outside the hotel in Chinatown.

That was actually Japan Town.

Odd, everybody looked Korean to me.

65. General Gogol was extremely important to the 80s.
    66. Bond got the Order of Lenin sooner in the movies than in the books. (1986 in AVTAK, 1991 in "The Man From Barbarossa".)
    67. After sleeping with grace jones and Tanya Roberts in one movie, Rogers bond was never seen again. Rumors of his catching an aggressive sexually transmitted disease are so far unsubstantiated
  • 68. That there is five days to Alaska.
    69. I truly can't forget that Duran Duran did a title song.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    70. John Barry know's how to use Screaming Electric Guitars to great effect.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    71. The Politburo allows the director of the KGB to roam around the US with no bodyguards any minders of any kind.
    70. When zorin asks if anyone else wants to drop out...do think it over
  • We're up to #74. 39 and 70 were posted twice.

74) Zorin doesn't handle rejection well…

75) …neither does Mayday apparently as evidenced by the fact that she blows herself up without hesitation merely to scorn her ex-lover.
    76. That. Is not the soap
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    77. If you can't think of a good final scene for M after the mission is over, just repeat the one from the previous film.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    77. If you can't think of a good final scene for M after the mission is over, just repeat the one from the previous film.

Very true. When I was a kid I used to get the ending M scenes from Octopussy and AVTAK mixed up. Way too similar. The only major difference in AVTAK is Gogol had a medal for Bond. But I guess they had to think of something to differentiate it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2015 Posts: 45,489
    78 That I did not want Roger Moore to go on as Bond forever after all.